maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: What R the chinks up to?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17177
But with PRC troops massing on the border .. the question will shortly become ...

Who will tire first ? The Hong Kongers? Will they tire of dying first ? Or will the PRC tire of killing first ?

It seems like we will find out shortly.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:13 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
jwilkerson wrote:
But with PRC troops massing on the border .. the question will shortly become ...

Who will tire first ? The Hong Kongers? Will they tire of dying first ? Or will the PRC tire of killing first ?

It seems like we will find out shortly.

One thing for certain:
The Chinese would have a much more difficult time trying to “clean up/cover up” the aftermath in Hong Kong than they did when Tiananmen Square happened.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:23 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
... Hong Kong police said they arrested five people during clashes with pro-democracy protesters at the airport on Tuesday night.

Assistant Commissioner of Police Operations Mak Chin-ho said the men, aged between 17 and 28, were arrested for illegal assembly. Two were also charged with assaulting a police officer and possessing offensive weapons as riot police sought to clear the terminal.

More than 700 protesters have been arrested in total since early June, mostly men in their 20s and 30s, but also including women, teenagers and septuagenarians ...

Hum, these words don't sound like things are too crazy ...

https://www.dawn.com/news/1499504/flights-restart-at-hong-kong-airport-as-protesters-apologise

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:00 am 
Sergeant Major

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

Stealing sh^t ... what else !!??
:lol:

Quote:
... The FBI criminal fraud probe of Kansas University’s Life Sciences Labs follows a 2018 conviction of Chinese-born nationals for stealing $75 million of genetically-modified rice.

The FBI began focusing on China’s attempts to steal high-value intellectual property in Kansas after U.S. Customs and Border Enforcement Agents checking bags for the return flight of a Chinese agricultural delegation visiting Kansas, discovered a third of a cup of genetically-modified rice that cost Ventria Biosciences $75 million to develop.

The Kansas City Star reported that Weiqiang Zhang, a Chinese national and former genetic rice researcher at Kansas State University with lawful permanent residence, was sentenced to prison for intellectual property theft and for conspiring with China-born Wengui Yan, a naturalized U.S. citizen who worked as a USDA geneticist at the Dale Bumpers National Rice Research Center in Stuttgart, Arkansas ...

https://www.theepochtimes.com/fbi-criminal-probe-of-kansas-university-started-over-chinese-stealing-rice_3053423.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:59 am 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
... BEIJING, Aug. 26 (Xinhua) -- Chinese stocks closed lower on Monday, with the benchmark Shanghai Composite Index down 1.17 percent, at 2,863.57 points.

The Shenzhen Component Index closed 0.98 percent lower at 9,270.39 points.

The combined turnover of stocks in the two indices stood at 461.1 billion yuan (about 65.3 billion U.S. dollars), shrinking from 469.6 billion yuan the previous trading day.

Losers outnumbered gainers by 1,089 to 356 on the Shanghai bourse and 1,547 to 538 in Shenzhen.

Pharmaceutical, automobile and agricultural industries were the biggest winners. Hengkang Medical Group increased by 10.18 percent while Zhejiang Medicine surged by 7.28%.

Shares related to free trade zones, insurance and telecommunications were among the biggest losers. Shanghai Waigaoqiao Free Trade Zone Group declined by 2.23 percent to 17.96 yuan ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:42 am 
Sergeant Major

The only time to get tough with China is when the US economy is strong and when the US economy is still the big dog. Naturally, as we see, there are consequences.

It's 21st Century trench warfare but the outlook for victory in the future will only be less. It should really have been done 20-30 years ago.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:43 am 
Sergeant Major

Quite an odd phenomenon...a US President trying to do EXACTLY what he promised during the campaign.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:59 am 
Sergeant Major

but keep in mind this is gonna HURT ... USA people are gonna SQUEAL ... and your iphone might double in price ... its a game of chicken ... whoever flinches first loses ...

Are the chinese leaders more worried than trumpf ? Will they cave first ? or can they play the long game and wait for a muc rat ...

Knowing the chinese, they will try to do it all three ways ... (win by out tarriffing trumpf) ... (talk talk talk) ... (wait wait wait) ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:25 pm 
Sergeant Major

The Chicoms will stall until the next US election.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next