maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 172  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:52 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Quote:
SADIQ Khan has taken another swipe at his arch enemy Donald Trump, saying Brits will be sure to exercise their "free speech" by protesting if he comes to the capital.

Well, unless they say something like "MOHAMMED WAS A SEXUAL PREDATOR OF CHILDREN!" or even "We don't need any more muslims here"...then they will get thrown in jail.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

Saw this posted at Ace of Spades:

:lol:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:33 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18382
president Trump is a badass.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:53 pm 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
Sadiq Khan wants Brits to use their "free speech" to protest Trump when he visits the Uk in July...

From Ace of Spades HQ on this very subject:

Quote:
The Nanny State, it is alive, well and flourishing on both sides of the pond. First we start with the stalwart of freedom, The Mayor of London. "He (meaning President Trump) will also no doubt see that Londoners hold their liberal values of freedom of speech very dear."

Oh yeah, how's that freedom of speech working out for one Mr. Mark "Count Dankula" Meechan?

Mark Meechan, 30, recorded his girlfriend's pug, Buddha, responding to statements such as "Sieg Heil" by raising its paw.

[...]Sheriff Derek O'Carroll found him guilty of a charge under the Communications Act that he posted a video on social media and YouTube which was grossly offensive because it was "anti-Semitic and racist in nature" and was aggravated by religious prejudice.

What good is "Free Speech" if it is only sanctioned speech? It isn't free is it?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:50 pm 
Sergeant Major

White House Correspondents Dinner...Trump wisely did not attend so they attacked Sarah Huckaby Sanders instead.

Of course, it is supposed to be a roast but you just know if Hlidabest were President <crosses self> there would not be any fat thigh jokes. Were there jug-ear jokes or purple lip jokes about Hussein? Closet muslim or closeted gay jokes? Nope.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:26 pm 
Sergeant Major

Clapper busted...again! He lied twice to the house Intel Committee. First he said he did not leak to the news media....then he admitted he told CNN about the Trump briefing AFTER he left office.

Both are proven to be bullshit.

He literally conspires with CNN to ask Comey to brief Trump so that CNN can run the dossier story....and then they give him a lucrative job after he drags his leaky ass out of the WH.

Quote:
Former intelligence chief James Clapper is facing scrutiny for allegedly providing “inconsistent testimony” to the House Intelligence Committee regarding his discussions with the media about the anti-Trump dossier.

The claim was contained in the report released Friday by House Intelligence Committee Republicans.

The report declared investigators had found “no evidence” of collusion between Trump campaign associates and Russia -- findings that Democrats vehemently disputed. But while the report was touted by Trump allies, it could cause problems for Clapper, the director of national intelligence under the Obama administration.

The report stated that in a private interview with the committee on July 17, 2017, Clapper’s response wavered regarding his media contacts over the dossier. He initially denied those contacts, yet later admited to discussing the dossier contents with Jake Tapper of CNN, where Clapper landed a job after leaving government.

CNN anchor Jake Tapper appears on stage at Politicon, "the unconventional political convention", at the Pasadena Convention Center in Pasadena, California, U.S., July 29, 2017. REUTERS/Andrew Cullen - RC1A748E0440

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper had contact with CNN anchor and chief Washington correspondent Jake Tapper in early January 2017. (AP/Reuters)

“When initially asked about leaks related to the ICA in July 2017, former DNI Clapper flatly denied ‘discussing the dossier [compiled by Steele], or any other intelligence related to Russia hacking of the 2016 election with journalists’,” the report read.

But the report stated that Clapper “subsequently acknowledged discussing the ‘dossier with CNN journalist Jake Tapper,’ and admitted that he might have spoken with other journalists about the same topic.”

Clapper became a CNN national security analyst in August 2017, just one month after his "executive interview" with the committee.

HOUSE PANEL’S RUSSIA REPORT FINDS ‘NO EVIDENCE’ OF COLLUSION, TRUMP SAYS PROBE ‘MUST END NOW’

According to the report, Clapper’s communication with Tapper took place in early January, around the same time leaders of the intelligence community briefed then-President Barack Obama and President-elect Trump on “the Christopher Steele information.” The report noted the dossier was provided in a “two-page summary.”

On Jan. 10, 2017, Tapper and other CNN journalists published an article that claimed classified documents, in the form of a two-page synopsis, were presented to Obama and Trump including allegations that Russian operatives claimed to have compromising information on the incoming president.

Steele was hired by research firm Fusion GPS to compile details for the anti-Trump dossier, containing salacious allegations against Trump. The dossier was published, in full, by BuzzFeed News in January 2017, following the CNN report. It later emerged that the dossier was paid for with funding from the Clinton campaign and Democratic National Committee.

FISA MEMO: STEELE FIRED AS AN FBI SOURCE FOR BREAKING ‘CARDINAL RULE’ –LEAKING TO THE MEDIA

Report: Former DNI leaked and lied about the anti-Trump dossier. Constitutional law expert provides insight into the 'troubling pattern.'

According to the House Intelligence report, Clapper issued a statement the day after the CNN article was published in early January 2017 describing a phone call with Trump in which Clapper “expressed [his] profound dismay at the leaks that have been appearing in the press” and stressed that he does “not believe the leaks came from within the IC.”

When exactly Clapper spoke with Tapper and others is unclear.

When the House Intelligence Committee initially published key findings of its Russia probe in March, Clapper responded to the claim that his testimony was inconsistent.

“I didn’t have any contact with media until after I left the government on the 20th of January,” Clapper said on CNN on March 12, 2018.

In 2014, Clapper signed a directive barring intelligence community officials from talking to the media. The directive was focused to “mitigate the risks of unauthorized disclosures of intelligence-related matters.”

George Washington University Law Professor Jonathan Turley said Monday that there is a “serious issue here.”

“Clapper has already admitted that he did speak with CNN. Now, he is insisting he didn’t speak to any media until January 20, but he indicated he spoke to CNN in early January,” Turley said on “Fox & Friends” Monday. “CNN reported that high level people had confirmed the information, and if one of those individuals is Clapper, it is a serious problem. He could be accused, again, of perjury.”

Turley added: “I think the public has the right to know more about these dates. The committee was correct that at a minimum, Clapper’s testimony is inconsistent. It could be much more serious than that.”

This isn’t the first time Clapper has run into trouble for his statements to Congress.

Back in 2013, he apologized for telling Congress that the National Security Agency doesn’t gather data on millions of Americans. He later said his answer was “clearly erroneous.”

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:47 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

South Korean president Moon Jae-in thinks Trump should get a Nobel Peace Prize...

Quote:
SEOUL, South Korea — Several months ago, South Koreans considered President Trump as dangerous as North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, as the two traded threats of nuclear annihilation.

Now, commentators and others in Seoul think Mr. Trump deserves a Nobel Prize for helping start the unexpected peace process unfolding on the divided Korean Peninsula. On Monday, South Korea’s president, Moon Jae-in, said he felt the same.

Mr. Moon’s endorsement of a Nobel for Mr. Trump, who has faced one ethical scandal after another at home, came as the South Korean leader presided over a meeting of his senior presidential staff on Monday. During the meeting, Mr. Moon received a telegram from Lee Hee-ho, a former first lady of South Korea, congratulating him for a successful summit meeting with Mr. Kim on Friday and wishing him a Nobel Peace Prize.

“It’s really President Trump who should receive it; we can just take peace,” Mr. Moon was quoted by his office as saying.

In recent months, Mr. Moon and his senior aides have repeatedly thanked Mr. Trump for making a rapprochement between the Koreas possible. Mr. Trump’s “maximum pressure” approach of tightening the noose around the North with economic sanctions and military threats was largely responsible for forcing Mr. Kim to the negotiating table, they said.
Continue reading the main story
Related Coverage

South Korea to End Propaganda Broadcasts Along Border With North APRIL 30, 2018
NEWS ANALYSIS
Libya as a Model for Disarmament? North Korea May See It Very Differently APRIL 29, 2018
North and South Korea Set Bold Goals: A Final Peace and No Nuclear Arms APRIL 27, 2018

Advertisement
Continue reading the main story

If they were genuinely grateful to Mr. Trump, they were also seen as stoking the ego of the impulsive American leader so that he would continue to support South Korea’s efforts to resolve the North Korean crisis through dialogue.

On Monday, Mr. Trump mentioned in a tweet the possibility of meeting Mr. Kim at the border between North and South Korea, where Friday’s meeting between Mr. Kim and Mr. Moon was held.

Numerous countries are being considered for the MEETING, but would Peace House/Freedom House, on the Border of North & South Korea, be a more Representative, Important and Lasting site than a third party country? Just asking!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 30, 2018

Mr. Trump has also been eager to take credit for Mr. Kim’s shift in behavior as the inter-Korean summit has fanned speculation that he could receive the Nobel Peace Prize.

When Mr. Trump held a rally in Michigan on Saturday, his fans chanted “Nobel, Nobel, Nobel!”

“That’s very nice, thank you. That’s very nice,” a visibly flattered Mr. Trump said in response. “I just want to get the job done.”

Senator Lindsey Graham, a Trump ally who is sometimes critical of the president, said that if Mr. Trump “can lead us to ending the Korean War” while “getting North Korea to give up their nuclear program” in a verifiable way, then he “deserves the Nobel Peace Prize and then some.”

But some were skeptical about Mr. Trump’s chances — including his own son. “The globalist elite would never give him that win,” Donald Trump Jr. tweeted on Friday.

Best short ever! Remember who decides this stuff. Noting to do with merit as we have all seen. The globalist elite would never give him that win.
Donald Trump at 2/1 to win 2018 Nobel Peace Prize https://t.co/ZWgKYFI8Yu via @ladbrokes
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) April 27, 2018

No matter what the likelihood is for Mr. Trump’s getting a Nobel, his public image among South Koreans has been improving markedly as the mood on the Korean Peninsula shifts from fears of war to hopes of peace.

During their summit meeting, Mr. Kim and Mr. Moon agreed to push for talks with Washington to negotiate a peace treaty to formally end the 1950-53 Korean War, an agreement that, to the pleasant surprise of many South Koreans, a usually tempestuous Mr. Trump has eagerly endorsed.

Last year, as tensions escalated on the Korean Peninsula, with Mr. Trump’s administration openly threatening military action against North Korea, Mr. Moon publicly denounced such talk, swearing that no such military action would take place without South Korea’s consent. When Mr. Trump visited Seoul in November, weeks after he threatened to “totally destroy” North Korea, protesters took to the streets in Seoul, calling him “a war maniac.”

These days, it is easy to find citizens and political analysts in South Korea who mouth something few would have imagined a few months ago: support for giving Mr. Trump, Mr. Kim and Mr. Moon the Nobel Prize together should they achieve lasting peace.

Such talk reflects rising hopes for coming discussions between Mr. Trump and Mr. Kim, the first summit meeting between the leaders of the United States and North Korea, which could happen by early June.

Skeptics, however, say that Mr. Kim might be duping Mr. Moon and Mr. Trump into a false peace.

To whet Mr. Kim’s appetite for a deal, Mr. Moon on Friday handed Mr. Kim a computer thumb drive that contained detailed plans to rebuild the North’s decrepit economy if Mr. Kim denuclearizes his country, aides to Mr. Moon said.

And when Mr. Kim talked alone with Mr. Moon, without aides, he sought Mr. Moon’s advice for his coming talks with Mr. Trump, they said. Mr. Moon found Mr. Kim forthright and courteous, they said.

Still, the prospect that Mr. Kim could even be considered for a Nobel is likely to alarm human rights activists. He has been accused of ruthlessly executing scores of aging generals and party elite members, including his own uncle. Mr. Kim has also been accused of masterminding the fatal poisoning of his half brother.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/30/worl ... korea.html

Just imagine the salt that will flow if that was to happen. :lol:

Attachment:
1525109597742.jpg
1525109597742.jpg [ 241.88 KiB | Viewed 354 times ]

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

It's in his book. We have already seen the pattern several times. In every negotiation you have to be prepared to walk away if the terms are crap....and the other side has to believe you are serious.

Trump to Rocket Man..."My button s bigger...and it works!" :lol: :lol: World hysteria..."OMG..we are all going to die! It's so unpresidential!" Two months later Rocket Man walks into South Korea like he is there to sing Christmas carols.

Two weeks ago there was some clown on NPR saying the Chicoms had worked Trump with flattery. Really? As if he doesn't know what is going on? He does the same thing himself. It's part of the dance. Now the chicoms announce they will open up auto imports.

Trump to the Chicoms..."This one-sided trade unfairness is going to end...I am announcing a 25% steel and aluminum tariff".......World hysteria.."TRADE WAR! We are all going to die! Somebdy talk to that idiot Trump!".....two weeks later..."China does not want a trade war..we will discuss opened auto imports..."

Last edited by jack t ripper on Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

Has anyone ever received the Nobel for Peace and Economics in the same year? :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:13 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.conservativereview.com/arti ... stigation/

Quote:
Former Sen. Feinstein staffer hired FUSION GPS and it somehow never came up during Senate investigation

Conflict of interest?

Posted April 27, 2018 by Chris Pandolfo

A newly declassified congressional report shows that a former staffer to Sen. Diane Feinstein, D-Calif., who sits on the Senate Judiciary Committee, had ties to Fusion GPS and British ex-spy Christopher Steele, both subjects of Feinstein’s committee’s investigation. Feinstein never disclosed these connections publicly.

The former staffer, Daniel Jones, previously served as Feinstein’s senior intelligence staffer. Jones currently leads a “research and investigatory advisory” that hired Fusion GPS and Steele after the 2016 election to push the Trump-Russia collusion narrative, as The Federalist’s Sean Davis reports:

According to the report, Jones, who runs an investigative outfit called the Penn Quarter Group (PQG), told the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in March of 2017 that he had retained the services of Fusion GPS and Christopher Steele to “continue exposing Russian interference” in the 2016 election. Steele is the former British spy who authored the infamous unverified dossier of allegations against President Donald Trump.

Although Jones’ name is redacted in the report, the biographical details plus previous reporting on the matter make clear that he is the individual referenced. The report also revealed that Jones told federal investigators that he had raised $50 million from “7 to 10 wealthy donors located primarily in New York and California.”

As The Federalist first reported in February, Jones previously worked as a senior intelligence staffer for Feinstein, who currently serves as the ranking member on the Senate Judiciary Committee, which is currently investigating Fusion GPS. In that capacity, she violated committee precedent by unilaterally releasing a transcript of the testimony of Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson without disclosing that a top former staffer of hers was directing the firm’s efforts during the Judiciary committee’s investigation.

The congressional report stated that Jones “planned to share the information he obtained with policymakers on Capitol Hill and with the press, and also offered to provide PQG’s entire holdings to the FBI.” That information was gleaned from an FBI interview document called an FD-302, which was prepared on March 28, 2017. Feinstein’s office did not respond to multiple requests for comment about her interactions with Jones during the course of her committee’s investigation of Fusion GPS prior to the publication of this article.

This smells like a massive, undisclosed conflict of interest, which prompts the following questions from The Wall Street Journal’s Kimberley Strassel:

Kimberley Strassel

@KimStrassel
Questions @SenFeinstein and staff absolutely must answer: Were they aware of this? Did they coordinate/work with Jones and Fusion? And if yes, why did they not disclose conflict to rest of the Grassley commitee? Fusion was under committee investigation!
http://thefederalist.com/2018/04/27/con ... Ko.twitter

1:33 PM - Apr 27, 2018

To be clear, we have a Democratic senator, Feinstein, who is investigating the firm that paid for the Russian dossier filled with bogus accusations against President Donald Trump and paid for by the Clinton campaign and the DNC, who knows that her former staffer hired and is giving orders to the firm she’s investigating, and Feinstein doesn’t tell the American people?

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 172  Next