maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 122  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:41 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
jack t ripper wrote:
Jesus! Nothing but the treads, suspension and part of the engine left! "Badass" does not do it justice. I swear you could take out an average destroyer with that with a hit on the bridge.

Let's see:

Trump Tomahawks a Russian airfield in Syria and gives the Russians about 20 minutes to run for their lives....AND...publicly accuses Putin of using CW

Trumpian ROE's allow American forward observers to take out 100-150 Russian mercenaries with F-22's

Trump sends US armor to Latvia

Trump send ATGM's to Ukraine

Good thing the Russians are able to "compromise" the Trump administration with the "piss video" ..otherwise he might be hostile.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:06 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
I just read two stories from MS network and another "news" source that seem to have descended from a common template just like Neanderthal and sapiens. Here is the breathless story:

Trump is going insane. Haven't we heard that 15 times already? Maybe 150 times?

The guy seems to recover from insanity like no crazy person I have ever seen. I will believe it when I see him on Pennsylvania Ave. with a shopping cart, the nuclear football and three layers of clothing in 90 degree weather.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:14 am 
Hair in the soap

jack t ripper wrote:
I just read two stories from MS network and another "news" source that seem to have descended from a common template just like Neanderthal and sapiens. Here is the breathless story:

Trump is going insane. Haven't we heard that 15 times already? Maybe 150 times?

The guy seems to recover from insanity like no crazy person I have ever seen. I will believe it when I see him on Pennsylvania Ave. with a shopping cart, the nuclear football and three layers of clothing in 90 degree weather.

The insanity accusation is the placeholder the Demomedia uses when their manufactured coup narrative of the month is proven false, or a psychological projection of their own misdeeds, once again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

The UAE? <facepalm>

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/03/us/p ... rates.html

Quote:

Mueller’s Focus on Adviser to U.A.E. Indicates Broader Inquiry

By MARK MAZZETTI, DAVID D. KIRKPATRICK and MAGGIE HABERMANMARCH 3, 2018

George Nader, an adviser to the leader of the United Arab Emirates, has been questioned in the special counsel investigation, according to people with knowledge of the discussion. Credit via C-Span

WASHINGTON — George Nader, a Lebanese-American businessman, has hovered on the fringes of international diplomacy for three decades. He was a back-channel negotiator with Syria during the Clinton administration, reinvented himself as an adviser to the de facto ruler of the United Arab Emirates, and last year was a frequent visitor to President Trump’s White House.

Mr. Nader is now a focus of the investigation by Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel. In recent weeks, Mr. Mueller’s investigators have questioned Mr. Nader and have pressed witnesses for information about any possible attempts by the Emiratis to buy political influence by directing money to support Mr. Trump during the presidential campaign, according to people with knowledge of the discussions.

The investigators have also asked about Mr. Nader’s role in White House policymaking, those people said, suggesting that the special counsel investigation has broadened beyond Russian election meddling to include Emirati influence on the Trump administration. The focus on Mr. Nader could also prompt an examination of how money from multiple countries has flowed through and influenced Washington during the Trump era.

How much this line of inquiry is connected to Mr. Mueller’s original task of investigating contacts between Mr. Trump’s campaign and Russia is unclear. The examination of the U.A.E. comes amid a flurry of recent activity by Mr. Mueller.

Last month, investigators negotiated a plea agreement with Rick Gates, Mr. Trump’s deputy campaign manager, and indicted 13 Russians on charges related to a scheme to incite political discord in the United States before the 2016 election.

In one example of Mr. Nader’s influential connections, which has not been previously reported, last fall he received a detailed report from a top Trump fund-raiser, Elliott Broidy, about a private meeting with the president in the Oval Office.

Mr. Broidy owns a private security company with hundreds of millions of dollars in contracts with the United Arab Emirates, and he extolled to Mr. Trump a paramilitary force that his company was developing for the country. He also lobbied the president to meet privately “in an informal setting” with the Emirates’ military commander and de facto ruler, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahyan; to back the U.A.E.’s hawkish policies in the region; and to fire Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson.

A copy of Mr. Broidy’s memorandum about the meeting was provided to The New York Times by someone critical of the Emirati influence in Washington.

Mr. Trump has closely allied himself with the Emiratis, endorsing their strong support for the new heir to the throne in Saudi Arabia, as well as their confrontational approaches toward Iran and their neighbor Qatar. In the case of Qatar, which is the host to a major United States military base, Mr. Trump’s endorsement of an Emirati- and Saudi-led blockade against that country has put him openly at odds with his secretary of state — as well as with years of American policy.

Mr. Nader, 58, made frequent trips to the White House during the early months of the Trump administration, meeting with Stephen K. Bannon and Jared Kushner to discuss American policy toward the Persian Gulf states in advance of Mr. Trump’s trip to Saudi Arabia in May 2017, according to people familiar with the meetings. By some accounts, it was Mr. Bannon who pushed for him to gain access to White House policymakers. Others said Mr. Kushner backed him.

Reached by phone last month, Mr. Nader said he had dinner guests and would call back. He did not, and attempts to reach him over several weeks were unsuccessful. Mr. Nader’s lawyer did not respond to messages seeking comment.

The White House did not respond to requests for comment. In a statement, a spokesman for Mr. Broidy said his memorandum had been stolen through sophisticated hacking.

ADVERTISEMENT
Continue reading the main story

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

Clearly this is beyond the scope of the original mandate which means the number 2 guy at DOJ has to sign off on it.

The Times article seems to suggest that Trump saying something nice about the Crown Prince is a quid pro quo. :lol: That is what Trump does for every visitor. If Kim Jung Un showed up in Washington Trump would say "Have you lost weight?"

He was nice to Hussein. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:49 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 17020
president Trump isn't insane he makes other ppl go insane. He's a scanner he makes a tweet and ppl's heads explode.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

It's true.. Already happened to Jeff Flake and that other hack....not to mention about half of Hollywood and everyone at CNN.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13856
Sounds like they didn't catch enough fish in the Russian hacking pond, so now they are trying a fishing trip to a different pond. Not a surprise. The point is to keep the "investigation' going for as long as possible, keep looking, keep looking, catch any dupes you can catch, even if it borders on entrapment or fundamentally amounts to little more than a technicality. Its a delaying action, passive bombardment from well-entrenched positions. Not an all out attack, not a retreat, just passive harassing bombardment. You keep your eyes open and if any of your salvos happen to cause some real harm, maybe you stage a small attack at that point, take advantage of a temporary weakness.

The indictment of "13 Russians" is particularly telling. Who even knows if there IS any real basis to indict foreign nationals on the specific charges? Any international legal scholars who have the time and inclination to analyze the indictments? Seriously doubt it. Nothing will come of it; no extraditions, no more investigations, no actual hearings or trials. It is a dead end, but by "indicting 13 Russians" they get at least that sound byte for time immemorial "13 RUSSIANS WERE _INDICTED!_" It's fucking baloney but it sounds good enough for the ant-Trump propaganda.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:51 pm 
Hair in the soap

C_S wrote:
president Trump isn't insane he makes other ppl go insane. He's a scanner he makes a tweet and ppl's heads explode.

His trolling of the Democrats is always entertaining, too.

The Feinstein thing this guy points out.. LOL! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:50 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 16907
Feinstein went full on Happy Merchant. :lol:

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 122  Next