maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 158  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
nero wrote:
I have seen several US presidents, starting from Eisenhower. But never seen anything like this, Fear and Loathing in the White House. :shock:

The world has gone crazy, and Putin's Russia is winning. :twisted:

You have lost your marbles, with your racism and nazism, completely. :(

The US fought the Nazis.

How about Finland?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15595
Finland got along pretty well with the Nazis . . . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_ ... zi_Germany

But it always struck me as being an alliance of convenience along the same lines as allied "alliance" with Stalin. The enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that.
Quote:
During the Continuation War (1941–1944) Finland was co-belligerent with Nazi Germany against the Soviet Union, and dependent on food, fuel and armament shipments from Germany. In spite of this, Finland retained an independent democratic government. Moreover, during the war, Finland kept its army outside the German command structure despite numerous attempts by the Germans to tie them more tightly together.

Finnish Jews were not persecuted, and even among extremists of the Finnish Right they were highly tolerated, as many leaders of the movement came from the clergy. Of approximately 500 Jewish refugees, eight were handed over to the Germans, a fact for which Finnish prime minister Paavo Lipponen issued an official apology in 2000. The field synagogue operated by the Finnish army was probably a unique phenomenon in the Eastern Front of the war.[21] Finnish Jews fought alongside other Finns for their country's freedom.[22]

About 2,600–2,800 Soviet prisoners of war were handed over to the Germans in exchange for roughly 2,200 Finnic prisoners of war held by the Germans. In November 2003, the Simon Wiesenthal Center submitted an official request to Finnish President Tarja Halonen for a full-scale investigation by the Finnish authorities of the prisoner exchange.[23] In the subsequent study by Professor Heikki Ylikangas it turned out that about 2,000 of the exchanged prisoners joined the Russian Liberation Army. The rest, mostly army and political officers, (among them a name-based estimate of 74 Jews), most likely perished in Nazi concentration camps.[24][25]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:13 am 
Sergeant Major

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:27 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Trump, that filthy lifelong Russian sleeper agent is helping Putin.. oh, wait..

U.S. Will Sell Ukraine 210 Anti-Tank Missiles to Defend against Russia

By Mairead McArdle
March 2, 2018 1:37 PM

The move comes the same day Putin boasted of new nuclear weapons.

The U.S. will dramatically increase its defense aid to Ukraine, the same day Russian President Vladimir Putin boasted his new nuclear weapons could not be intercepted by another country.

The Trump administration informed Congress it will sell Ukraine 210 anti-tank missiles to ward off Russian encroachments.

“You have failed to contain Russia,” Putin said in his Thursday statement, adding that NATO’s missile defenses will be “useless” against Russia’s weapons of mass destruction.

The U.S. is training Ukraine’s military to use the new missiles, which include the 210 Javelin missiles and 37 command launch units. The $47 billion in weapons will reach Ukraine around mid April.

(cont..)

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/ ... nd-russia/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:58 pm 
Sergeant Major

Whoa! The Javelin is fucking badass. Expensive toy, and 37 of them is not a lot of launchers. Still, it isn't like the theater is vast and Ukr commanders can probably well predict where to station them so as to be maximally effective.

That is a big FUCK YOU to Putin. Pretty much makes any plan to use their armor as an outcome decider a suicidal aspiration.

Seems like the perfect weapon system for that conflict too. I'm betting the Ukr asked for that specifically, and probably had been asking since long before mean old Russo-puppet Trump came into office. Probably a decision that Obama secretly made to supply those and Trump is only begrudgingly going along with it in order not to lower his treaty integrity right? ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:11 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Anthropoid wrote:
Whoa! The Javelin is fucking badass. Expensive toy, and 37 of them is not a lot of launchers. Still, it isn't like the theater is vast and Ukr commanders can probably well predict where to station them so as to be maximally effective.

That is a big FUCK YOU to Putin. Pretty much makes any plan to use their armor as an outcome decider a suicidal aspiration.

Seems like the perfect weapon system for that conflict too. I'm betting the Ukr asked for that specifically, and probably had been asking since long before mean old Russo-puppet Trump came into office. Probably a decision that Obama secretly made to supply those and Trump is only begrudgingly going along with it in order not to lower his treaty integrity right? ;)

They absolutely asked for AT missiles, specifically. I recall news to that effect quite awhile back, when the fight was still very active.

IIRC, a lot of people were calling for us to sell weapons to the Ukrainians at good prices. Why not? No skin off our sacks, and some employees get a little more job security here in the States.

But it was the Obama administration. The jackanapes POTUS who wanted to be seen as having a great diplomatic legacy, yet just ended up looking repeatedly weak & meek. Too afraid to offend anyone, yet making a hash of the one threat he did make. Then buckled like a belt, and resorted to secretly bribing combative foreign governments when they laughed at further ones. Shamefur dispray.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18257

So it goes. HOLY SHIT! Right, nero?

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:50 am 
Sergeant Major

I know right!? Makes one or two little soldiers fucking IRON MAN for a couple minutes! :)

Apparently they can use them on other stuff too: machine gun emplacements, trucks, pack mules . . . how the lock-on function works when not dealing with a tank I'm not sure, but either the wiki page or some other page I was reading talked about how they had been used to take out various annoying targets in Afghanistan.

The more modern Soviet sphere tanks (T80 and more modern yes, but not sure about t-72) have various types of interdiction systems to attempt to protect against attacks from things like the Javelin. They first started installing such things in the Afghanistan war, so those might have been T-72s, and they increased their survivability a lot. There seem to be a variety of designs and the versions they use on Russian tanks has changed and diversified over the years but mostly they seem to involve a radar device onboard the tank that keeps watch for that sort of incoming attack and then (apparently without any user input) orients on the incoming threats trajectory and fires some short range rockets or missiles that attempt to detonate in the vicinity of the incoming threat.

For the most modern Russian tanks on the field T-90 I guess, it might take two or three of those fired one after the other with limited delay between shots to be certain to take it out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

Jesus! Nothing but the treads, suspension and part of the engine left! "Badass" does not do it justice. I swear you could take out an average destroyer with that with a hit on the bridge.

Let's see:

Trump Tomahawks a Russian airfield in Syria and gives the Russians about 20 minutes to run for their lives....AND...publicly accuses Putin of using CW

Trumpian ROE's allow American forward observers to take out 100-150 Russian mercenaries with F-22's

Trump sends US armor to Latvia

Trump send ATGM's to Ukraine

Good thing the Russians are able to "compromise" the Trump administration with the "piss video" ..otherwise he might be hostile.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
Jesus! Nothing but the treads, suspension and part of the engine left! "Badass" does not do it justice. I swear you could take out an average destroyer with that with a hit on the bridge.

Let's see:

Trump Tomahawks a Russian airfield in Syria and gives the Russians about 20 minutes to run for their lives....AND...publicly accuses Putin of using CW

Trumpian ROE's allow American forward observers to take out 100-150 Russian mercenaries with F-22's

Trump sends US armor to Latvia

Trump send ATGM's to Ukraine

Good thing the Russians are able to "compromise" the Trump administration with the "piss video" ..otherwise he might be hostile.

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 158  Next