maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 172  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:38 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Anthropoid wrote:
Trump did not make that error. Trump knows more about human nature and about American identity based on his decades of experience as a business man and celebrity than most political analysts and certainly more than most politicians.

Exactly true. For all those crowing about how stupid Trump is he, apparently on his own, devised a strategy to steal most of the Republican party and 1/3rd of the Democrat party voters with a simple 4 point agenda, destroy the anointed establishment republican candidate while spending much less money, co-opt the media and then literally nuke the Queen Regent of the Dem party.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

More "crumbs" as Pelosi likes to call them.

Cisco is repatriating $67B to the US.

Quote:
Another mountain of money is being brought home to American shores following the new tax law -- and much of it will end up in the pockets of investors.

Tech company Cisco (CSCO) said Wednesday it plans to repatriate $67 billion in foreign profits in the coming months.

The Silicon Valley firm, which makes gear for computer networks, said it will pass on a significant chunk of that cash to its shareholders over the next two years through share buybacks and increased dividends.

In total, Cisco investors are set for a windfall of about $44 billion.

Related: 34 things you need to know about the new tax law

It's the latest big U.S. company to map out its plans to bring home cash that has been stashed overseas for years.

Multinational corporations had previously been reluctant to move their piles of offshore money into the U.S. because of the heavy taxes they would have to pay on it. But the tax bill passed by Congress and signed into law by President Trump in December offers firms a one-off lower tax rate on funds being repatriated to the U.S.

The new rules also mean companies can no longer avoid paying taxes on past international profits by holding the cash outside the U.S. They must pay tax on the money whether they bring it back to the country or not.

Moody's estimated in November that U.S. companies were holding about $1.4 trillion in cash offshore. Five large tech companies -- Microsoft (MSFT), Apple (AAPL), Google (GOOG), Oracle (ORCL) and Cisco -- accounted for nearly $600 billion of that.

Related: Apple to pay $38B in taxes and add 20,000 jobs in the U.S.

Supporters of the tax changes had argued that giving companies an incentive to bring the money home could boost the U.S. economy by promoting hiring and investment. But critics said Main Street wouldn't feel the effect because many companies would opt to reward shareholders with dividends and stock buybacks.

That appears to be what Cisco is doing. And its announcement pleased investors: the company's stock was up almost 7% in after hours trading.

Apple took a different approach last month, promising jobs and investment alongside its plans to move money back to the U.S. It said it would pay $38 billion in taxes on the huge sums it has been keeping overseas and also pledged to create 20,000 jobs and invest $30 billion in U.S. facilities over the next five years.

On Wednesday, Cisco also reported a loss of $8.8 billion for the final quarter of 2017 after it took a multibillion dollar charge related to the tax law.

Other large companies have reported similar big hits to their profits from the new law. Microsoft said last month it would take a $13.8 billion tax charge. It didn't specify whether that was due to the new repatriation rules.

CNNMoney (Hong Kong)
First published February 15, 2018: 12:03 AM ET

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:44 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
8-)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:18 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16211
$67 BEELLION . . . yeah, just crumbs :lol:

The net worth of every card carrying Dem in elected office, and the party itself is likely worth much less by now, given they have lost thousands of seats in recent elections!

They DREAM of such succulent booty!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

Impeachment efforts

Quote:
In December 2017, an impeachment resolution was put to a vote. Introduced by Congressman Al Green (D-TX), it comprised two articles of impeachment titled "Associating the Presidency with White Nationalism, Neo-Nazism and Hatred" and "Inciting Hatred and Hostility".[671] It was defeated 364 to 58.[672]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:53 pm 
Sergeant Major

Guess who CAN'T be impeached....;but he can be censured.

"Mr. Speaker, I move we censure my esteemed colleague, Mr Green under House Rule no. 117-A, "The Idiotic Waste of Time Rule"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:58 pm 
Sergeant Major

Dems seem to be exemplifying that old saying: an animal is most dangerous when it is in its death throes . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:22 pm 
Sergeant Major

Gates (Manafort's business partner) is to plead guilty of "Conspiracy Against the US" and "Making False Statements"...now ..this sounds terrible but it likely about their foreign agents of Ukraine business well BEFORE the Trump campaign.

Quite possibly, Gates is going to turn on Manafort to get lighter sentencing. I doubt this is about Trump.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:26 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
jack t ripper wrote:
Gates (Manafort's business partner) is to plead guilty of "Conspiracy Against the US" and "Making False Statements"...now ..this sounds terrible but it likely about their foreign agents of Ukraine business well BEFORE the Trump campaign.

Quite possibly, Gates is going to turn on Manafort to get lighter sentencing. I doubt this is about Trump.

Keep in mind that the Podesta Group was also involved in it. Could only be more Demorat swampist if it were the Clinton Foundation. :lol:

Still wondering if the deep state investigation will gloss over those Democrat crooks' crimes in this. They're damned if they do & damned if they don't. It will be a good indicator of just how much of a biased witch hunt the investigation is. Can't wait to see them squirm under the microscope.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:39 pm 
Sergeant Major

Yes, good point. One Podesta brother makes money as a Ukranian agent when Hidabeast is Sec of State...then the other one takes over when she runs for Queen.

Lot of DNA swapping going on in the swamp. It could well be Gates has something on Podesta.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 172  Next