maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 173  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:43 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
nelmsm wrote:
What makes me laugh is that you can't swing a dead cat in Arkansas without hitting a woman that claims some sort of sexual misconduct from Bill Clinton but was never as newsworthy as Trump banging a lorn star who appears to have been a willing participant.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:36 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6135
Wouldn't it be incredible if Trump made a deal with this skeezer and that Amorosa thing. To go out and troll the media endlessly with titillations .... make millions on interviews and tv shows...then at some point say.. nah.. it was all a just a joke...

How cool would that be... ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16336
Gump wrote:
Wouldn't it be incredible if Trump made a deal with this skeezer and that Amorosa thing. To go out and troll the media endlessly with titillations .... make millions on interviews and tv shows...then at some point say.. nah.. it was all a just a joke...

How cool would that be... ?

Beer :)

In fact, that may well be EXACTLY what is happening as we speak!

That is the strategic wonder of being the Troll in Chief; his enemies--even if they stopped to CONSIDER that they were being PLAYED HARD--can never know for sure when they are being briar rabbited and when they really have found a weak spot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:25 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18507
Somewhere in Russia, a village is missing it's stable genius. ;)

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:15 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6135
Something worth sharing... this kind of hypocrisy should be in every Trump news conference ... why isn't it... ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqaCRzKQmbg

Absolutely destroying these people and exposing their agenda should be child's play...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:26 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
C_S wrote:
Somewhere in Russia, a village is missing it's stable genius. ;)

That's pretty damned funny. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:36 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Gump wrote:
Something worth sharing... this kind of hypocrisy should be in every Trump news conference ... why isn't it... ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqaCRzKQmbg

Absolutely destroying these people and exposing their agenda should be child's play...

Excellent collection of hypocritical positions. The guy's reactions are hilarious.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18507
president Trump is a good CEO. He should be praised for the job he's doing. He'll put up w/ a lot of slander b/c that's just how it goes. He's a good man.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:28 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
"It's not just left-wing anymore, it's people in the Republican establishment."

Good analysis by Hanson regarding the recent big Overton shift & pushback, and the establishment metro-coastal elites who are out of touch:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:35 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16336
Democrats more disempowered than at any time since the 1920s . . . indeed it is the REPUBLICAN party which should name a Boulevard after Bronco!

Also very true what he is conveying about the "culpability" and out of touch nature of the "Republican establishment."

What we have seen here is the "takeover" of the American national political process by a "third party" backed by a "geometric center" of the American citizenry.

I think that analysts like Hanson are often far too caught up in the standing methodological and analytical traditions of the pre-Internet world and fail to recognize how much things have changed, not to mention the fact that: many of the established principles about "how to know" about political ebbs and flows were never very well TESTED in the first place. This refusal, or inability or lack of awareness about "thinking outside the box" causes conservatives like him some cognitive dissonance, though not nearly as much as that being suffered by the Democrats.

But at least he is trying to be open-minded, rational and to learn from events.

I predict (and this is just my gut intuition, an 'analytical and method' far less well-validated than even the traditional polls and such . . . ) what has happened is a true REVOLUTION on the scale of the social revolutions that swept Europe in the mid-19th century. Its full ramifications will only become apparent as the passage of time reveals the clear impacts on the world around us. But one thing seems clear: the chance for a return to "business as usual" for the two long-standing moeties of the American political oligarchy is pretty close to zero.

BOTH parties are in danger of self-destruction, though certainly the Democratic party much more so at this stage.

I catch a hint that Hanson is also aware of these ideas, even if he is at this stage only flirting with them, and not nearly so convinced as I am. I gather this based on his accusatory comments about the conservative "elites."

The "average" American, who is this person? NOT someone who benefits in clear and unquestionable ways from EITHER the self-serving policies of the Democratic or Republican political elite, nor for that matter from the sanctimony of either of the two poles on the left-right/liberal-conservative continuum.

That person could be male or female, hetero or homo, cis or trans, of virtually ANY ethnic background, of virtually ANY race (though admittedly, being of "African" or "Latino" race does reduce the prospects that an individual stands within the "average" in question here and is rather blindly, or subserviently aligned with the Democratic margins of the distribution). The "average" American can be of any educational level, any occupation (well many at least, the point he makes about certain "idea-based" professions NOT being vulnerable to offshoring and similar "globalization" movements is a good one), and can live in any part of the country. All of the generalizations about how these various demographic variables align with left/center/right are merely probabilistic and merely traditional. There is NOTHING inherently "ethnic" or "gay" or "coastal" about the Democratic party nor anything inherently "WASP" nor "Biblical" nor "Midwestern" about the Republican party. The confutation of these demographics as BEING inherent to these the moeties is the fundamental error that was made by the DNC, and is largely made by the GOP still to this day.

Trump did not make that error. Trump knows more about human nature and about American identity based on his decades of experience as a business man and celebrity than most political analysts and certainly more than most politicians.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 173  Next