maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 111  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:58 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 12999
wulfir wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:
I think HE enjoys it. Plus there is the control of the narrative bit and it is a mechanism to fight back

To me though he seems to also feed his enemies. I hear the commie MSNBC has never done as well as now - and that it is basically thanks to Trump...

Yes, I suspect you are correct: those legacy media firms (or subsidiaries of the actual firms which own them, which are often massive and diverse multinationals) which engage in 90% Trump bashing coverage for their programming over the past 1+ year have managed to gain some viewership traction by doing so. I also agree that this is a pathetic state of affairs, i.e., a state in which a large fraction of Americans are completely disconnected from sanity and have forsaken critical thinking in favor of partisan hysteria. However, I'm not sure why it should matter to him or anyone else whether MSNBC or any other "enemy" of Trump does well with their negative coverage of him or not.

Trump is the President of the United States. What matters is what he DOES in that job. If roughly half the country wish to live in La La Land being beguiled by duplicitous, amateurish tripe, well . . . it is a free country.

Meanwhile, as CS pointed out: his actual track record since taking office is extraordinary. Almost assuredly the most HONEST President the country has had in decades or even centuries, especially in the sense that he has DONE exactly what his campaign promised and in fact has, for the most part, pursued those claimed goals zealously. Very likely the most productive President for a very long time in U.S. history, as measured by the quantities of actions he has brought to culmination since taking office.

The outlets which engage in anti-Trump hysterics are more and more like flat-Earthers: insane conspiracy theory advocates with diminishing interest or appeal outside of their viewership. Most likely the gross number of Americans which are engaged in that viewership has diminished, not increased. Good luck finding ANY social science research entity which offers any useful information on that question. As we all saw from the actual results of the 2016 Presidential campaign, claims of what "surveys show" are universally suspect and likely fabricated for the most part; any firm with sufficient resources to conduct sufficiently large and sophisticated research to achieve representative samples of U.S. national attitudes is also likely to be a target for monetary influence purchasing by the DNC or other powerful entitites (e.g., any of Soros entities).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

CatLover7 wrote:
Mac wrote:
Bannon is claiming his comments were not aimed at Trump Jr. Funny it took him 5 days to come out and say so...

It wouldn't shock me if Bannon, Wolff & Trump are all in on it together. The whole thing, including the media hysteria, could be designed to keep all of us massive consumers continuously mesmerized. Could be that's all that matters. Because, in actuality, "there is no spoon".

Based on the very superficial details I know at this point, I believe the reasonably plausible hypothesis would be that Bannon and Trump are "in on it" together, and Wolff is just a dupe, a useful idiot.

If you tell an insane person what they want to hear, they are very likely to run with it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:18 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 17177
Anthropoid wrote:
Re: immigration. I have a young South Korean couple who rent one of my properties, a small studio. They are lovely folks, very polite, very Christian, very respectful, hard working. Today, I found out that because of the difficulties they are facing with cost and hassle to retain legal residency they are likely heading back to Korea this summer.

Meanwhile, large American cities, indeed whole states offer sanctuary to illegal immigrants, making it easier to stay in the U.S. and do whatever it is they might do despite having broken the law by entering and staying illegally.

That is fucked up. Making it harder, if not nearly impossible for bad people (which one is by definition if they break the law to enter ANY country and stay there) to enter and stay in the U.S. while making it easier for promising "good" people (of which my tenants are only one example) to enter and stay and naturalize if they desire, these are admirable goals and I hope Trump will lead the country closer to them.

That's how I view the primary effect of illegal aliens being here.

Every couple illegals in this country essentially cuts a worthy legal immigrant family out of the opportunity.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:11 pm 
Sergeant Major

The insanity of the left . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:00 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 17177
Anthropoid wrote:
The insanity of the left . . .

PJW wrote:
Talk about projection!

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:21 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 16770
If president Trump is in bed by 6PM munching macdonald hamburgers and sipping diet coke: send everyone in gobmint macdonald hamburgers, diet coke, and insist they be in bed by 6.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:33 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 15593
So the people wearing pussy hats while screaming at the sky say Trumpf is crazy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:42 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Wow..This is bad. New Page/Strzok fuck-buddy texts where Strzok essentially demonstrates he knows when an illegal leak happened with precision....which can only mean he is responsible or he is very well advised by a co-conspirator....and "conspirator" is the right word because we are talking about an illegal act. Meanwhile Ohr, is removed from his organized crime post and is now in charge of Penile Enlargement Fraud Division.

Quote:
congressional probe into possible news leaks

By John Solomon - 01/08/18 05:57 PM EST 4,782comments
Republican-led House and Senate committees are investigating whether leaders of the Russia counterintelligence investigation had contacts with the news media that resulted in improper leaks, prompted in part by text messages amongst senior FBI officials mentioning specific reporters, news organizations and articles.

In one exchange, FBI counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok and bureau lawyer Lisa Page engaged in a series of texts shortly before Election Day 2016 suggesting they knew in advance about an article in The Wall Street Journal and would need to feign stumbling onto the story so it could be shared with colleagues.

“Article is out, but hidden behind paywall so can’t read it,” Page texted Strzok on Oct. 24, 2016.

“Wsj? Boy that was fast,” Strzok texted back, using the initials of the famed financial newspaper. “Should I ‘find’ it and tell the team?”

That sounds like a crime to me

The text messages, which were reviewed by The Hill, show the two FBI agents discussed how they might make it appear they innocently discovered the article, such as through Google News alerts.

“I can get it like I do every other article that hits any Google News alerts, seriously,” Strzok wrote, adding he didn’t want his team hearing about the article “from someone else.”

Strzok played a key role in the early Russia election meddling probe before he was removed last summer by special counsel Robert Mueller for exchanging text messages critical of President Trump, then still a candidate, with Page.

The Justice Department has told Congress that Strzok had engaged in an affair with Page, who served as a lawyer advising FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.

The Hill reviewed nearly three dozen texts in which the two agents discussed articles, tried to track down information about a specific New York Times reporter or opined about leaked information in stories that they fretted were “super specific.”

Republican investigators in both the House and Senate say the text messages suggest FBI personnel may have had media contacts but don’t necessarily prove it. So they want to learn more about what the two agents were talking about and whether any FBI officials involved in the Russia probe engaged in leaking, sources told The Hill.

President Trump has bitterly complained about leaks in the Russia probe, suggesting the investigation had created a false narrative about his campaign and early administration. And FBI officials have taken the rare step of denouncing a few major stories in the Russia case as inaccurate.

FBI contacts with the media wouldn’t necessarily be improper unless they resulted in the release of confidential law enforcement information or classified information, such as the leak last February of an intercept of then-national security adviser Michael Flynn’s contacts with the Russian ambassador to the U.S.

The Justice Department says it currently has 27 ongoing criminal leak investigations, triple the amount of the prior three years combined.

FBI and Justice Department officials declined to comment about the Strzok-Page texts, noting the Justice Department inspector general is currently investigating the messages and any political bias or other wrongdoing that may have occurred in the Russia case.

Former FBI Director James Comey, on whose watch the Russia case began, has previously testified he did not authorize or engage in leaking while in office, though he admitted arranging a leak after he was fired by President Trump last spring in hopes it would prompt a special prosecutor appointment.

Separately, the House Intelligence Committee says it has obtained information that Mueller’s current deputy in the Russia probe, respected Justice Department financial fraud prosecutor Andrew Weissman, had contact with the news media last April, shortly before Mueller was named special prosecutor, according to a letter the committee has sent the department.

In a deal with current FBI Director Christopher Wray and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, Justice officials have promised to provide the Intelligence Committee with information on the Weismann contacts later this week.

“I understand that your office is researching records related to the details of an April 2017 meeting between DOJ Attorney Andrew Weissman (now the senior attorney for Special Counsel Robert Mueller) and the media, which will also be provided to this Committee by close of business on Thursday, January 11, 2018,” Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) wrote in the letter.

Whatever Congress ultimately determines, the Strzok-Page text messages already provided to lawmakers show the two FBI agents were closely monitoring leaks in the news media and had strong opinions about reporters and media personalities.

In one string of text messages just five days before Election Day 2016, Page, the lawyer, alerted Strzok, the counterintelligence agent, to a story in The Washington Post about a timeline in the controversial Hillary Clinton email investigation.

Page mentions a conversation she had just had with FBI chief of staff James Rybicki and openly expressed concern the information about the FBI’s timeline was too specific for comfort in the article.

“Sorry, Rybicki called. Time line article in the post (sic) is super specific and not good. Doesn’t make sense because I didn’t have specific information to give.”

A few days earlier Strzok texted Page about another new article, suggesting it was anti-FBI. “Yep, the whole tone is anti-Bu. Just a tiny bit from us,” he wrote.

Page texted she had seen the article. “Makes me feel WAY less bad about throwing him under the bus to the forthcoming CF article,” she texted. Congressional investigators are still trying to determine what the “CF article” reference means and who the agents thought they were trying to throw “under the bus.”

Republicans want to interview Page to determine if she assisted with any “forthcoming” articles or helped another FBI employee “give” information to the news media, particularly because she helped advise then-deputy director McCabe.

Likewise, congressional investigators want to question Strzok about what he meant about the “tiny bit from us” reference.

The two agents also spent extensive time shortly before the 2016 election trying to track down information — including an address and a spouse’s job — about The New York Times reporter Matt Apuzzo, who has reported on numerous developments in the Russia case.

“We got a list of kids with

(cont)

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/36800 ... news-leaks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:05 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Seems to me both Strzok and Ohr are in biiiiig trouble.

Here is the tally:

1) Manafort and his business partner--Big trouble for alleged tax evasion/money laundering FROM 2005, 11 years before Trump hired him and literally nothing to do with the original scope of the Russia probe

2) Flynn--Process crime. Terrible shame because he did nothing wrong to warrant trying to conceal it. Trump should pardon him when it's over.

3) Don Jr.--Political naivete for taking the meeting with the Russian lawyer...no crime (ditto Ivanka's hubby). They have both been tortured.

4) Fusion GPS--Probably no crime uncovered but those guys are below slime and they will now be nuclear now so they will pay with loss of income

5) Steele--Probably no crime although he was certainly less than candid with the FBI

6) Strzok--career-ending, marriage-ending and almost certainly criminal activity..couldn't happen to a nicer guy

7) Ohr--Pathetic human being who needs to be washed into the DC gutter like so much dog shit. Fire his ass..take away his pension..maybe prosecute

8) WH unmaskers--Need to go to jail

9) Trump--Survives the palace coup.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1612
jack t ripper wrote:
9) Trump--Survives the palace coup.

But does he survive Mueller's investigation on his finances. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 111  Next