maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2642 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263 ... 265  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:40 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 36868
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
Image

:)

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:51 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 32322
Reputation points: 20000
:lol: You know Trump is going to just eat that up and the Left will stain their shorts.

_________________
I haven't figured out how to the block thingy works but if anyone alters my posts I will become really, really angry and throw monkey poop out of my cage.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:56 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 36868
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
jack t ripper wrote:
:lol: You know Trump is going to just eat that up and the Left will stain their shorts.


I can picture Trump sitting in the White House looking at his smartphone....he sees that photo pop up in his feed and a big smile forms on is face.

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:05 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 32322
Reputation points: 20000
It is an obviously purposeful strategy of the HK democracy crowd. Trump did not want to link HK with the trade talks but he was forced to do so because the protesters essentially went around him and achieved nearly 100% support in the Congress.

Not only this example but they have co-opted Thanksgiving and the American flag and the Constitution. It's brilliant. I half believe they set up Lebron as a symbol and he will later tearfully change his mind.

_________________
I haven't figured out how to the block thingy works but if anyone alters my posts I will become really, really angry and throw monkey poop out of my cage.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:06 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 32322
Reputation points: 20000
chijohnaok wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:
:lol: You know Trump is going to just eat that up and the Left will stain their shorts.


I can picture Trump sitting in the White House looking at his smartphone....he sees that photo pop up in his feed and a big smile forms on is face.


Absolutely. Happy Thanksgiving Mr. President. :lol:

_________________
I haven't figured out how to the block thingy works but if anyone alters my posts I will become really, really angry and throw monkey poop out of my cage.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:13 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 36868
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
jack t ripper wrote:
It is an obviously purposeful strategy of the HK democracy crowd. Trump did not want to link HK with the trade talks but he was forced to do so because the protesters essentially went around him and achieved nearly 100% support in the Congress.

Not only this example but they have co-opted Thanksgiving and the American flag and the Constitution. It's brilliant. I half believe they set up Lebron as a symbol and he will later tearfully change his mind.


They (the HK democracy crowd) has to be smart...extremely smart.
They are a city of slightly less than 7 1/2 million people staring at a bully with 1.4 billion people.
China has a military of more than 2 million people and if you throw in all the security/secret police they alone probably outnumber the entire population of Hong Kong.
The democracy protesters are armed with smartphones, social media, umbrellas, a few molotov cocktails and posters of Rocky Trump.

They HAVE to be clever.

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:25 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 36868
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
jack t ripper wrote:
It is an obviously purposeful strategy of the HK democracy crowd. Trump did not want to link HK with the trade talks but he was forced to do so because the protesters essentially went around him and achieved nearly 100% support in the Congress.

Not only this example but they have co-opted Thanksgiving and the American flag and the Constitution. It's brilliant. I half believe they set up Lebron as a symbol and he will later tearfully change his mind.


As I was scrolling down the Twitter thread that had posted those photos there were more than a handful of people who responded with comments along the lines of 'I would be more than willing to trade for those HK democracy posters (who were thanking the USA) in exchange for the America-hating leftists that are burning the flag in the US'.

Those people are staring tyranny (real tyranny, not the sort that Robert Redford is worried about) in the face and understand that freedom is slipping away from them by the day.

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:37 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 36868
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
Newsweek was butthurt that they got blindsided:

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/stat ... 2952795139

Attachment:
Trump jr newsweek thanksgiving.jpg
Trump jr newsweek thanksgiving.jpg [ 102.26 KiB | Viewed 26 times ]



Some shlubb at Newsweek was probably upset that he was forced to pull the story down and create a new one reporting that Trump had visited US Troops in Afghanistan.

Pres. Trump couldn't let Don Jr's tweet go by without a witty reply:
Quote:
"I thought Newsweek was out of business?" Trump said with a retweet of his son Donald Trump Jr.'s tweet that placed a screenshot of Newsweek's story next to photos of the president in Afghanistan where he made a surprise visit U.S. troops on the holiday.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... z66gY9841k
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

:lol:

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:54 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm
Posts: 15755
Location: inside your worst nightmare
Reputation points: 18812
I imagine there are only a couple viable reasons why the various Commie Propaganda Outlets (such as Newsweek, CNN, MSNBC, etc.) are not yet out of business:
(a) they are subsidiaries which, despite losing money, are tax assets for the wealthy interests which control them
(b) scum bags like Soros, et al., propping them up financially

Things like that.
In this current media economy, even when a large legacy media firm IS popular (which, none of them really are), making money would seem to be quite challenging. That is one thing we can thank Youtube about: it really is no longer NECESSARY to keep any real subscriptions and still remain well-informed--arguably BETTER informed--than it was in say 2005 when legacy media outlets were still the primary sources of formal global information distribution. Twitter, and various other "social media" sites are also a big part of it (reddit), and those firms are all more nimble and adaptable and less dependent on traditional revenue streams (subscriptions, ad-space, etc.).

_________________
Anthro's NSFW Thread


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:59 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 36868
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
Anthropoid wrote:
I imagine there are only a couple viable reasons why the various Commie Propaganda Outlets (such as Newsweek, CNN, MSNBC, etc.) are not yet out of business:
(a) they are subsidiaries which, despite losing money, are tax assets for the wealthy interests which control them
(b) scum bags like Soros, et al., propping them up financially

Things like that.
In this current media economy, even when a large legacy media firm IS popular (which, none of them really are), making money would seem to be quite challenging. That is one thing we can thank Youtube about: it really is no longer NECESSARY to keep any real subscriptions and still remain well-informed--arguably BETTER informed--than it was in say 2005 when legacy media outlets were still the primary sources of formal global information distribution. Twitter, and various other "social media" sites are also a big part of it (reddit), and those firms are all more nimble and adaptable and less dependent on traditional revenue streams (subscriptions, ad-space, etc.).


As far as You Tube goes, from what I have read and heard from various places is that YT us pushing the large main stream news sources and minimizing small/independent content creators.

Several different YT'ers have posted videos (which included statistical evidence) that indicated even as their own subscriber base was increasing, the number of views (as pushed by the algorithms) was decreasing, and along with that the income they earn from YT. At the same time, those algorithms were pushing viewers to the alphabet/mainstream news sources. Nearly all of those media sources YT is pushing are left leaning, with the exception of Fox News.

So while (if you are already subscribed to these independent content creators) you may still see the content of those independents, casual viewers who may not be familiar with those independents are being channeled content from the majors. That is why the majority of videos that I see from independents will normally wrap up with a request for you to "forward and share this video with your friends and contacts". They are being forced by YT's algorithms to work doubly hard to maintain and grow their channels.

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2642 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263 ... 265  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group