maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208 ... 252  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:54 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
There are now mumps and chickenpox quarantines among refugee claimants. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the open-borders NGO's gave the Hondurans some chickenpox blankets. ;)

Every immigrant death is a PR home run for them. Trump isn't the one being cynical here. The House is deliberately declining to consider any appropriations to cover the soaring housing and health costs for the refugee claimants.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:56 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18687
wulfir wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:
Idiots listen to...

:lol:

Are you claiming that (a) NYT is a case of corrupt news media; or (b) Trump did not give away sensitive information in 2017?

I'm suspecting you didn't just "drink" the koolaid.... :P

I am claiming that the NYT is a known Trump-hating media outlet. Idiots listen to them expecting to learn valuable truths. Skeptics listen to them with caution and suspicion. So yes, I'd guess they are "corrupt" to put it succinctly. Does not mean that 100% of what they communicate is false or misleading, but what percentage is acceptable before we deem it appropriate to apply the label "corrupt?"

As to (b) I have no idea. But I don't expect to get any MORE clear of an idea from reading anything published in the New York Times. That would be like asking the Democratic National Committee or Nancy Pelosi for information on Trump and expecting to get useful and veracious stuff.

If we can find a more clearly neutral source which weighs in on the matter then I'm happy to consider that, but as I say: the NYT is for idiots at this stage (they could certainly reform, but so far no sign of doing so).

Are you an idiot or a skeptic?

Lets just be straight up here: YOU HATE Donald Trump. You suffer from the Swedish strain of Trump Derangement Syndrome. You value ANY information which puts Trump into a negative light, no matter the source or veracity. You also value information sources with a clear and pronounced track record of attempting to put Trump into a negative light.

Like many Europeans, I consider you to be a false friend to the United States, as a Swede you are in a special category of false friend, given your luke warm relationship with the Western allies throughout much of the Cold War. Whether you like it or not, and whether you wish to acknowledge it or not: (a) the United States is at this stage in human history THE GREATEST nation on Earth, there are innumerable stats I can conjure up to make this point, but it would be pointless because apparently no amount of evidence can penetrate your NUSD and Swedish hubris; (b) the United States has been, for at least the last 80 years and in general since its founding, the single best thing for humanity since we learned how to control fire.

Everyone on planet Earth who is a humanist, a rationalist, and a fair-minded sane commentator should be overwhelmed with admiration, affection, appreciation and warm wishes for the United States and Americans in general, and . . . even if a bit lukewarm on the elected leader of the United States, at least respectful that he IS the elected leader of the United States.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:05 am 
Sergeant Major

It's simply not debatable that there is an organic hatred of Trump at the NYT. Editors, opinion writers, reporters...they don't even need instructions from above. It's like tying their shoes. It is sometimes intentional and sometimes it is a DNA/rhinencephalon thing.

"Corruption" isn't the right word (except perhaps for FBI big shots getting free hamilton tickets from NYT investigative journalists to leak stories :lol: )

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:09 am 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
There are now mumps and chickenpox quarantines among refugee claimants. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the open-borders NGO's gave the Hondurans some chickenpox blankets. ;)

Every immigrant death is a PR home run for them. Trump isn't the one being cynical here. The House is deliberately declining to consider any appropriations to cover the soaring housing and health costs for the refugee claimants.

I’ve seen several article that the BP/DHS employees are coming down with some of these illnesses due to their exposure.

Also not discussed too openly in the media is this:
The tens of thousands of illegals apprehended who are being issued with a Notice to Appear (at a future hearing) and then quickly released into the general public...have they all been given health exams and tested for these illnesses?
I presume that some illnesses have an incubation period (or days to weeks) before they show symptoms, so there is the definite potential that some illegals may be infected AND released into the general public.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:18 am 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
It's simply not debatable that there is an organic hatred of Trump at the NYT. Editors, opinion writers, reporters...they don't even need instructions from above. It's like tying their shoes. It is sometimes intentional and sometimes it is a DNA/rhinencephalon thing.

"Corruption" isn't the right word (except perhaps for FBI big shots getting free hamilton tickets from NYT investigative journalists to leak stories :lol: )

Correct, it is an established fact...so says a former editor of The NY Times:

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/p ... york-times

Quote:
Thursday, 03 January 2019

Former Top Editor Jill Abramson Notes Anti-Trump Bias at New York Times

Written by Warren Mass

In her upcoming book, Merchants of Truth, former New York Times executive editor Jill Abramson said that the prestigious newspaper had a financial incentive to attack President Trump in its pages.

“Given its mostly liberal audience, there was an implicit financial reward for the Times in running lots of Trump stories, almost all of them negative: they drove big traffic numbers and, despite the blip of cancellations after the election, inflated subscription orders to levels no one anticipated,” Abramson writes.

Abramson was the Times’ news chief from 2011 until 2014, when publisher Arthur Sulzberger Jr. called her in to his office, fired her, and handed her a press release announcing her resignation.

The former executive editor wrote this about her successor at the Times, Dean Baquet: “Though Baquet said publicly he didn’t want the Times to be the opposition party, his news pages were unmistakably anti-Trump.”

Abramson writes of the Times under Baquet: “Some headlines contained raw opinion, as did some of the stories that were labeled as news analysis.” She said the paper’s coverage of President Trump conflicts with the principles espoused by former Times publisher Adolph Ochs in 1896 — to report the news impartially “without fear or favor.”

A Fox News report about Merchants of Truth noted that Abramson describes a “generational split” at the Times, with younger staffers, many of them in digital jobs, favoring an unrestrained assault on the presidency, writing: “The more ‘woke’ staff thought that urgent times called for urgent measures; the dangers of Trump’s presidency obviated the old standards.”

A New York Post story about Abramson’s new book noted that since Trump took the White House there has been what is called a “Trump bump” that saw digital subscriptions increase by 600,000 to more than two million during the first six months of the administration, as liberal subscribers flocked to the digital edition. However, notes the Post: “Despite the paper’s recent windfall under Trump, Abramson claims there has been ‘brewing backlash’ as copy editors have been laid off, a ‘cult of novelty’ has taken over and new publisher A.G. Sulzberger, Arthur’s son, has seized the reins.”

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:21 am 
Sergeant Major

chijohnaok wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:

Correct, it is an established fact...so says a former editor of The NY Times:

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/p ... york-times

Quote:
Thursday, 03 January 2019

Written by Warren Mass

In her upcoming book, Merchants of Truth, former New York Times executive editor Jill Abramson said that the prestigious newspaper had a financial incentive to attack President Trump in its pages.

“Given its mostly liberal audience, there was an implicit financial reward for the Times in running lots of Trump stories, almost all of them negative: they drove big traffic numbers and, despite the blip of cancellations after the election, inflated subscription orders to levels no one anticipated,” Abramson writes.

Abramson was the Times’ news chief from 2011 until 2014, when publisher Arthur Sulzberger Jr. called her in to his office, fired her, and handed her a press release announcing her resignation.

The former executive editor wrote this about her successor at the Times, Dean Baquet: “Though Baquet said publicly he didn’t want the Times to be the opposition party, his news pages were unmistakably anti-Trump.”

Abramson writes of the Times under Baquet: “Some headlines contained raw opinion, as did some of the stories that were labeled as news analysis.” She said the paper’s coverage of President Trump conflicts with the principles espoused by former Times publisher Adolph Ochs in 1896 — to report the news impartially “without fear or favor.”

A Fox News report about Merchants of Truth noted that Abramson describes a “generational split” at the Times, with younger staffers, many of them in digital jobs, favoring an unrestrained assault on the presidency, writing: “The more ‘woke’ staff thought that urgent times called for urgent measures; the dangers of Trump’s presidency obviated the old standards.”

A New York Post story about Abramson’s new book noted that since Trump took the White House there has been what is called a “Trump bump” that saw digital subscriptions increase by 600,000 to more than two million during the first six months of the administration, as liberal subscribers flocked to the digital edition. However, notes the Post: “Despite the paper’s recent windfall under Trump, Abramson claims there has been ‘brewing backlash’ as copy editors have been laid off, a ‘cult of novelty’ has taken over and new publisher A.G. Sulzberger, Arthur’s son, has seized the reins.”

:lol: Good hit!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:31 am 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:

:lol: Good hit!

:lol:

FEEL THE POWER OF MY AZZ!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:45 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6044
Anthropoid wrote:
. . . even if a bit lukewarm on the elected leader of the United States, at least respectful that he IS the elected leader of the United States.

I don't hate Trump, I might doubt his competence a lot more than most people at Maddog's, but that is not the same as hating him. Obama - maybe not the gratest president ever - was also the elected leader of the United States too - didn't stop you guys from pissing all over him?

I don't doubt the superpower status of the United States. For now. Sweden is not a great power, a comparison in this field is pointless IMO even though it pops up here pretty often. :D

As for being a false friend, I don't know - you all want America to abdicate from it's leadership role so it should seem prudent to develop a real European independence - but even though I imagine a lot of people in Europe figure Trump is a false friend to Europe it'll be mighty hard. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:07 am 
Sergeant Major

wulfir wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:
. . . even if a bit lukewarm on the elected leader of the United States, at least respectful that he IS the elected leader of the United States.

I don't hate Trump, I might doubt his competence a lot more than most people at Maddog's, but that is not the same as hating him. Obama - maybe not the gratest president ever - was also the elected leader of the United States too - didn't stop you guys from pissing all over him?

I don't doubt the superpower status of the United States. For now. Sweden is not a great power, a comparison in this field is pointless IMO even though it pops up here pretty often. :D

As for being a false friend, I don't know - you all want America to abdicate from it's leadership role so it should seem prudent to develop a real European independence - but even though I imagine a lot of people in Europe figure Trump is a false friend to Europe it'll be mighty hard. ;)

I voted for Obama . . . once. Then I observed and I learned that I had made a mistake, and I didn't make it a second time.

You're mistaking the concept of "Great Nation" with "Superpower." The former is a general term which implies grandeur of many and varied sorts: freedom, creativity, prosperity, productivity, safety, etc. The latter is primarily a concept pertaining to International Relations and competitive or rivalrous relationships between nations.

You see how you automatically tend to think?

You confuse "MAGA" with "Make America Dominant [over the rest] of the world." You confuse the interest to back out of high-cost, high-maintenance international relations with "abdication," a concept which makes no fucking sense given that the U.S. does NOT "rule" planet Earth, and I don't think any of us would WANT it that way.

I for one would love to see the rest of the world EMBRACE American values and align fully with the shared interests and mutual benefits that offers to any and ALL humans.

But then I see there are people like you whose minds are stuck in the 17th century . . . :cry:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 807
A little side of Trump background.

Forbes reporter finds tape of Trump 'spokesman' John Barron.

So it still goes.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208 ... 252  Next