maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1703 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:27 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
jack t ripper wrote:
I am pretty sure the S&P 500 just went up 2% because Trump insulted Jim Acosta :lol:

I have heard that it was because the donks won the house, this 2% up. :lol:

The wisdom of the market defies any logic, science and common sense. :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:39 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
nero wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:
I am pretty sure the S&P 500 just went up 2% because Trump insulted Jim Acosta :lol:

I have heard that it was because the donks won the house, this 2% up. :lol:

The wisdom of the market defies any logic, science and common sense. :roll:

It could also be that they are glad that the GOP retained control of the Senate.
With the Dems ONLY controlling the House, it minimizes the potential that Congress can increase corporate income taxes, increase regulatory/bureaucratic requirements that will increase the cost of business, or passes other shit that will impact corporate bottom lines.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:53 pm 
Sergeant Major

Yes, it is a sigh of relief that things weren't worse. Plus, the Dem majority is pretty slim. No chance of successful impeachment either.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:05 pm 
Sergeant Major

The White House has apparently pulled Acosta's White House press pass.

Sarah Sanders scolded him for laying hands on a woman:

President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his Administration. We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern...

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1060333176252448768

I suspect though that many of the usual crowd that would immediately stand up to support women from the actions of men will be strangely silent for this woman (the WH intern)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16086
More than warranted. Just being verbally rude should frankly result in any individual who visits another individuals home or place of work being asked, and then if necessary TOLD to leave and don't come back. Being "the press" is not, as so many of them seem to think, a free pass to be a disrespectful, unethical, duplicitous, conniving little shit.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

The guy is literally the developmental level of a Kindergartener. That was a 3 red-sticker offense.

This is WAAAAY worse than the time I picked my nose and the teacher put it on my report card.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:13 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8891
Sarah Sanders nailed it:

Quote:
Contrary to CNN’s assertions there is no greater demonstration of the President’s support for a free press than the event he held today. Only they would attack the President for not supporting a free press in the midst of him taking 68 questions from 35 different reporters...
...over the course of 1.5 hours including several from the reporter in question. The fact that CNN is proud of the way their employee behaved is not only disgusting, it‘s an example of their outrageous disregard for everyone, including young women, who work in this Administration

Trump protects his young female interns...

Haven't seen anything like that before. Trump wanted to rip Acosta's head off. If Trump truly was the evil fascist the commies claim him to be Jim Acosta wouldn't dare behave the way he does. He acts that way because he knows, or at least believes himself to be, safe from harm. Imagine Acosta pulling that with LBJ. He'd be found dead in a swamp. With JFK he'd wake up in bed with a horse's head.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:17 am 
Sergeant Major

I think Acosta imagines this was like Reagan's "I'm paying for this microphone" line...the problem is he ISN'T the candidate or President. Reagan hits one out the park and it breaks the window of a butcher shop 2 blocks away.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:52 am 
Sergeant Major

Geez....they are now "Zapruder-ing" the video to cover for Jim Acosta....

http://archive.fo/zOtW1

Quote:
‘A lie’: Watch slow motion video of CNN’s Jim Acosta prove White House staffer touched him four times

Quote:
Raw Story slowed down the video and paused it on the incidents of contact showing the four impact zones.

"impact zones"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:48 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 10460
Probably the most he's been touched by a woman in a while. Jokes aside he acted like a world class douche bag and deserved to have his press pass yanked.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1703 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171  Next