maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1619 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158 ... 162  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:36 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15595
Lava wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:

Notice, I haven't even got into the military at all. I know some of our denizens here feel that having a powerful military is a waste of money, and I'm always for reducing waste or corruption in general and U.S. military expenditures down through the ages have been famous for that. But apart from that, I dont' think that "just making the military smaller/weaker/less expansive/less globally capable" is a wise strategy AT ALL. In fact, I'd have to say it is one of the most bone-headedly stupid strategies any supposedly educated, and intelligent person could suggest. Reducing waste? YES! Chopping for the sake of some myopic isolationist 'principle?' Fuck that stupidity.

The military needs reform as well. It caters to the industrial complex, is top heavy and full of idiots who place their career before their country.

That sounds imminently believable, reasonable and actionable. And nothing at all like the hysterical isolationist clarion call we hear from some.

Hopefully, one day, (I). Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, Pakistan will be "only as high a threat" as say India is today; i.e., a very low probability of hostilities. Beyond that, at some point one would hope that one day (II). ALL nations are about on a level of international relations as say the U.S. and Canada or any of the Commonwealth states, i.e., about as close to zero chance of an actual armed conflict between any two sovereign states as can be imagined in the whole of human history and given the particulars of human nature and the current status of human culture.

At that point, maybe every society on Earth can run with a military that is on the order of a typical Western European force, minus any nukes: an expanded police force with some capacity to perform large scale expeditionary operations.

Until we reach (I), I believe that, we depend on those experts in the Pentagon to propose what we need to remain safe, even while acknowledging the likely truth of your points

Quote:
The military needs reform as well. It caters to the industrial complex, is top heavy and full of idiots who place their career before their country.

When we reach (I), arguments that are philosophically based instead of being pragmatically based will not be absurd. When we reach (II) arguments that are more pragmatically based than philosophically based will have become overly-conservative, if not paranoid.

I'd say we are at least a century if not multiple centuries from (I) and who knows if we will ever reach (II). The botched "EU experiment" suggests it may be impossible. Human nature is a bitch and it just won't go away. Only systems which are specifically DESIGNED to impose checks and balances on individual wickedness have every actually worked, and even THOSE (meaning the U.S. foundational documents and principles) seem to be constantly under siege, imperiled and undermined to varying degrees.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:54 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
chijohnaok wrote:
AMAZING! TWO MILE LONG LINE for Trump Rally in Springfield, Missouri!

20,000 people waiting (some of them since the night before) in a 2 mile long line to watch Trump campaign with a local candidate. The venue only holds 11,000 people.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/0 ... -missouri/

People love Trump!

Had an old buddy who went. Barely got in before the cutoff after waiting hours in line.

Came over afterward, drank some liquor, had some laughs. :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

versus

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:55 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
A clip from SNL this past weekend (or rather what happened after the official broadcast ended):

Kanye's piece runs up until about the 2:50 mark

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

Trump now has Kanye and Denis Rodman in his camp. No stopping him now!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:11 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1209
jack t ripper wrote:
Trump now has Kanye and Denis Rodman in his camp. No stopping him now!

Kanay wants to abolish the 13th and Rodman is a kim jong un fan. :lol:

Two n-gg-rs seem to support Trump. A big deal.

And the blue wave, impeachment and Mueller stop, hit and sink Trump. And the public do the tarring and feathering.

tik...tik...tik... ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

I think that John Bolton has been taking "troll" lessons from Pres. Trump:

Bolton appeared during Sarah Sanders daily press briefing today to announce the US withdrawal from two treaties.

During the Q & A portion of his appearance a reporter asked him about Palestine.

You can watch it at the video below:

Skip to the 11:27 mark

Pay close attention at the 12:39 mark for the payoff.

If you missed it, click here for a cheat:

https://twitter.com/DavidRutz/status/10 ... 9825677312

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

Lindsey Graham continues his recent trend for not giving fux:

Quote:
Partial transcript as follows:

BOLDUAN: You went from — I’m going to sum it up, hating him, making fun of him, finding peace, trying to work with him, where you can work with him — then comes out and hits you again on whatever he decided to do on a given day. Do you trust him now?

GRAHAM: Yeah, I trust the president.

BOLDUAN: Trust but verify with him.

GRAHAM: It’s not about trusting the — I like the president. I trust him in terms of trying to do things that are big and matter. Here’s what I’ve got. I’ve got a relationship with the president at a time when I think he needs allies.

BOLDUAN: But if people say this is two-faced, where is the Lindsey Graham of standing up to Donald Trump, what do you say?

GRAHAM: I’ll tell him when I think he’s wrong. Let me tell you about the critics. When I worked with President Obama, and I did on occasion, I was a hero. When I worked with President Trump, I’m two-faced. I know how the game is played. I don’t give a damn. I’m doing what’s best for the country. I like the president. I want to help him. I hope he’s successful. He’s been a friend to me. And he says some things I don’t agree with. So, if you don’t like me working with President Trump to make the world a better place, I don’t give a shit.

BOLDUAN: And there you have it, Senator Graham.

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

Palestine existed for real . . . about 2000 years ago. It was a Roman province and had absolutely ZERO to do with Islam, but it did have something to do with Judaism!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:32 pm 
Sergeant Major

The latest charges against Pres. Trump:

Quote:
Barbra Streisand Uncovers Bombshell: ‘Donald Trump Has Never Owned a Dog’

Oh my!

They have Trump now!

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1619 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158 ... 162  Next