maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 163  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:52 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1209
Gump wrote:
Only a bulb as dim as Nero could watch that speech and think that was the noteworthy takeaway... to stupidity and beyond....

I think it is stupid have campaign speech in UN assembly.

And what are the Trump achievements anyway, where is the Great Wall? Obama care is still there.

Bragging, and more bragging. What is that 10 trillion of more wealth Trump has created? I it just bragging that go away with the trade war Trump has started.

What are the actual achievements Trumpolini brags about.

He inherited a rising economy, but what kind of economy he will leave behind. It is easy to pour gasoline on flames, stimulate a rising economy. But as always it will end in misery.

And how about the federal deficit, when the GOP is in power, it is nothing to mention.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:44 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Quote:
And what are the Trump achievements anyway, where is the Great Wall? Obama care is still there.

Quote:

Where have you been?

Quote:
The unemployment rate, which topped out at 10 percent, has fallen to 4 percent. Job growth is on a record streak. American factories, an emphasis for Mr. Trump, are hiring at their fastest rate in two decades. And the second quarter’s performance — the best quarterly showing since 2014 — was equaled or exceeded in just four quarters during the eight years of the Obama administration.

Measures of underlying growth were robust, and economists say it is increasingly likely that full-year growth in gross domestic product could hit 3 percent in 2018 for the first time in the nearly decade-long recovery.

“The bottom line is that the economy is doing better,” said Diane Swonk, chief economist for the accounting firm Grant Thornton.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/27/busi ... y-gdp.html

Quote:
The unemployment rate among black Americans fell to 6.6 percent in April, according to today’s jobs report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics — the lowest such rate on record.

The record in this case only goes back to 1972, and the overall unemployment rate (available back to 1948) was lower in the late 1960s and early 1950s than it is now. But the gap between the black unemployment rate and the overall rate has been shrinking, so 6.6 percent may well be the lowest rate ever for black people.

Quote:
Unemployment for Hispanic workers again plumbed a new record low in July, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday.

The unemployment rate for Hispanic or Latino workers fell to 4.5 percent in the month, lower than the previous record of 4.6 percent that was set just the month before.

Unemployment for minorities has fallen to historical lows as the jobs recovery has extended into a ninth year. The recovery has also benefited other groups who typically are at the margins of the economy. For example, jobless rates for high school dropouts also hit a record low in July.

Quote:
In terms of job creation, if nothing else, Donald Trump seems quite similar to his predecessor.

In Barack Obama’s last 16 months in office, the number of jobs in the US increased by 2.4%. In the first 16 months of Trump’s administration, jobs rose by 2.1%, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The strong labor market under Obama turned into a strong labor market under Trump as healthcare and education continued to boom.

When you look closer, a lot has changed for certain industries.

Under Trump, the situation for certain mining and manufacturing industries has greatly improved. Work in the category “Support activities for mining”—which includes jobs exploring mining sites—grew by almost 28% under Trump, compared to losses of about 23% in the last 16 months of Obama.

https://qz.com/1347200/the-jobs-created ... der-obama/

Those are manufacturing jobs...a sector that Obama said was not going to come back.

As of July, 3.2 million jobs had been created during the first 18 months of the Trump Administration.

Quote:
According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), the U.S. became the largest global crude oil producer this year, surpassing Russia and Saudi Arabia. EIA estimated that the U.S. produced an average of 10.9 million barrels a day (b/d) in August, compared with about 10.8 million b/d by Russia and around 10.4 million b/d from Saudi Arabia. The U.S. passed Saudi Arabia in February for the first time in more than two decades, and topped Russia for the first time since 1999 this summer.

Quote:
Data from the 2018 BP Statistical Review of World Energy show that last year the U.S. maintained a healthy lead as the global natural gas powerhouse.

Energy indepence is here for the United States. It no longer MUST rely on energy from the Middle East (and certainly not from Russia. Nero, how do you feel about having to get 64% of your energy from Putin?).

I could go on, but I believe that I have already demonstrated that there are multiple achievements that have come about during the Trump Administration.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

The US is now exporting coal as well but we are not supposed to talk about that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:07 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 18898
nero wrote:

Have some light reading...

https://pastebin.com/JnS5Qy2Q

https://pastebin.com/BcSAGmDf

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:23 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15595
Shockingly, a guy who took an inheritance in the millions and turned it into billions turns out to know how to make money. Its mind-boggling I suppose.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1209
Anthropoid wrote:
Shockingly, a guy who took an inheritance in the millions and turned it into billions turns out to know how to make money. Its mind-boggling I suppose.

The more shocking is that you don't know the fact that no US bank was not lending any money to Donald Trump, the King of Debt. But soon after Trump started to buy stuff with cash, and you don't as where was th money coming from?

But luckily Mueller has crossed the red line and has examined the money flow.

And you think that it is just a witch hunt. :roll:

How many things small boy Manafort pleaded to be guilty of? Small potatoes.

Rasputin, Gasputin, Trumputin. :roll:

Raz, tva, tre.

Putin.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:38 am 
Corporal

Reputation points: 3216
chijohnaok wrote:

Those are manufacturing jobs...a sector that Obama said was not going to come back.

Interestingly though, these figures don't really show an improvement compared to the Obama years? Manufacturing jobs created in 2017 and 2018 don't really seem to be higher then the 2011-2014 period. Although clearly there was a dip 2015-2016.

Personally I'm quite worried that with such large economic growth the budget deficit is still not under control in the US.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:51 am 
Sergeant Major

KAding wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

Interestingly though, these figures don't really show an improvement compared to the Obama years? Manufacturing jobs created in 2017 and 2018 don't really seem to be higher then the 2011-2014 period. Although clearly there was a dip 2015-2016.

Personally I'm quite worried that with such large economic growth the budget deficit is still not under control in the US.

Yes, I do realize that the recent growth in the US manufacturing sector brings the growth rate close to where it was in 2014.
They have turned around the decline in the manufacturing job growth rate (and even actual decline as it appears to have dipped below zero for a period).

As I previously mentioned, Pres. Obama had indicated that the manufacturing sector in the US would decline, and that jobs would be needed in other sectors to offset those job losses.

And I would agree with you regarding the budget deficit. I would rather see a much small budget deficit, and would ultimately favor a balanced budget.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:14 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15595
Deficit spending has become so "normalized" that even "conservatives" don't seem to realize when they are actually "for it."

https://www.nationalpriorities.org/budg ... /spending/

The only solution to that problem would seem to be a MASSIVE downsizing of the U.S. Federal budget. The most obvious first areas for that are areas which represent outlays without much conceivable "return on investment" (e.g., creation of U.S. jobs, growth of the U.S. economy, etc.). IMO the first thing on the chopping block: cutting as many allocations to non-American entities as possible, basically "America First." The likely complainers on that point: non-Americans and "leftists."

Applying the same "low or no ROI programs get chopped first" logic, the most obvious second area for that: cutting as many allocations to expenditures which are arguably 'elective,' or optional, or redundant with other state or local programs, basically "Reduce Nanny State." The likely complainers on that point: leftists, and the various special interest groups in the country who receive gifts from such programs.

The most obvious third area for that: "non-essential" but arguably useful or 'forward-thinking' expenditure. Things like National Science Foundation, National Endowment for the arts, etc. But I think if we are seriously so desperate that we have to cut this deep, we are fucked no matter what. Just changing the ANGLE on that Outlay curve by a few degrees should--in a decade or so-- get the blue line back above the black line and continued for a century (or so): we're "out of debt!"

Notice, I haven't even got into the military at all. I know some of our denizens here feel that having a powerful military is a waste of money, and I'm always for reducing waste or corruption in general and U.S. military expenditures down through the ages have been famous for that. But apart from that, I dont' think that "just making the military smaller/weaker/less expansive/less globally capable" is a wise strategy AT ALL. In fact, I'd have to say it is one of the most bone-headedly stupid strategies any supposedly educated, and intelligent person could suggest. Reducing waste? YES! Chopping for the sake of some myopic isolationist 'principle?' Fuck that stupidity.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:47 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8277
Anthropoid wrote:

Notice, I haven't even got into the military at all. I know some of our denizens here feel that having a powerful military is a waste of money, and I'm always for reducing waste or corruption in general and U.S. military expenditures down through the ages have been famous for that. But apart from that, I dont' think that "just making the military smaller/weaker/less expansive/less globally capable" is a wise strategy AT ALL. In fact, I'd have to say it is one of the most bone-headedly stupid strategies any supposedly educated, and intelligent person could suggest. Reducing waste? YES! Chopping for the sake of some myopic isolationist 'principle?' Fuck that stupidity.

The military needs reform as well. It caters to the industrial complex, is top heavy and full of idiots who place their career before their country.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 163  Next