maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 932 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 94  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 12499

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:57 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19399
REUTERS: APPROVAL AT 50.2%...

Quote:
RASMUSSEN: 53%...

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 53% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-seven percent (47%) disapprove.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:17 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 3006

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:51 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 15297
Attachment:
1487022040674.jpg
1487022040674.jpg [ 44.84 KiB | Viewed 883 times ]

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19929
Maxine "Little Port au Prince" Waters vs Truth :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

This is quite interesting. A judge from INSIDE the 9th District requested an en banc review of the immigration case. So...the Trump administration has requested the en banc review BEFORE the hearing by the first judge. :lol: Meanwhile Washington state wants to stay with the first guy because he is clearly an activist. :lol:

Quote:
By/Paula Reid/CBS News/February 13, 2017, 4:06 PM

Trump team asks court to postpone travel ban hearing on merits

The Justice Department is asking for a delay in action on the lower court case on the merits of President Trump’s travel ban.

In a memo filed Monday afternoon regarding the legal fight over President Trump’s travel ban, the Justice Department informed the court that it would like to postpone any further action at the District Court level until it is decided whether the 9th Circuit will hear the case en banc.

That would involve another 9th Circuit hearing with 11 randomly selected judges, instead of just the three who ruled last week not to stay the suspension of the travel ban. The president’s ban targeted seven countries: Iran, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Libya, Somalia and Sudan.

Late Friday, the court said that a judge on the 9th Circuit had requested that the case be reconsidered by an en banc panel. It will take approximately another week before the 9th Circuit decides whether to grant the en banc hearing.

The court tells CBS News that en banc requests are common at the 9th Circuit: about 1,500 requests were filed last year, but only 50 en banc votes were granted by the judge. On average, the court hears 15-25 (about half) of those a year.

At the same time, the state of Washington also filed a memo -- but it made the opposite request. According to its memo, Washington is asking that the “case on the merits should proceed promptly.”

The judge will hold a hearing on whether to honor this request at 6 p.m. ET.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:00 pm 
Sergeant Major

You seem to be pretty steeped in this stuff Ripper. Could you translate for us? Are the substantive policy changes of the executive order in action right now as we type or not? How does a circuit court whose jurisdiction is part of the U.S. determine what is legal at a higher level of jurisdiction?

My guess is that: this local court action is protesting the implementation of the executive order at THEIR jurisdiction at its child jurisdictions? But even so, until the thing is decided it is already and currently in effect until it is overturned? If it is overturned at the 9th level, then it will still apply to the rest of the country?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:30 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19399
Anthropoid wrote:
You seem to be pretty steeped in this stuff Ripper. Could you translate for us? Are the substantive policy changes of the executive order in action right now as we type or not? How does a circuit court whose jurisdiction is part of the U.S. determine what is legal at a higher level of jurisdiction?

My guess is that: this local court action is protesting the implementation of the executive order at THEIR jurisdiction at its child jurisdictions? But even so, until the thing is decided it is already and currently in effect until it is overturned? If it is overturned at the 9th level, then it will still apply to the rest of the country?

My understanding is that the decisions of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit set a precedent for other/lower federal courts that are within the 9th Circuit. Other courts outside the 9th Circuit may observe such a precedent but sometimes they don't.

Also, I don't think that it is uncommon for other circuits in the courts of appeals (outside the 9th Circuit) to come up with conflicting rulings/decisions. Instances such as that (where you have conflicting rulings) are often speed tracked to the US Supreme Court to review the various conflicting decisions so as to make a final decision.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:

The TRO is national because the ACLU searched for a possible party with standing (State of Washington) and then judge shopped to find a favorable judge and then asked for the TRO....and....not surprisingly, that is the way the judge wrote it. There were numerous other local orders issued by other judges in other districts that were much narrower in scope (allow lawyers to vist detainees, let 'em if they were in transit etc., etc).

The judge has not actually ruled on the case yet but he did just disallow the en banc hearing so that he could decide the case himself. :D

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 932 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 94  Next