maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 127  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:19 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 4670
Trump delivered on his promise to rocket Syria. Putin did not deliver on his hurr durr we're gonna shot down all the missiles and zap the ships etc where the missiles are fired from. The Americans gave the Russians a way out by telling them about the attack beforehand and avoiding to target Russian shit in Syria (straight from the Art of War...)

A potential Putin PR victory was thus demolished. And the Russians look weak. They talk in the UN about "boo hoo, violation of international rights" which people with a quick glance to Crimea/Eastern Ukr figure is rubbish. Only the hard left and hard right pro Putin useful idiots care much about that, really. In the Kremlin people are awake trying to figure out a way to retaliate, but challenging the United States with military force is impossible. So it'll have to be some other way...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:57 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Comey is revealed to be a complete partisan cuck.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:25 pm 
Sergeant Major

ABC dude at Macron press conference: "Mr Trump are you going to pardon Cohen?"

Trump: "Stupid question. Anyone else?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

Who needs nimrods like Jimmy Kimmel when the Trump Show is on 365 days a year?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:30 pm 
Sergeant Major

It's long past time a Republican President fought back.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:23 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
jack t ripper wrote:
It's long past time a Republican President fought back.

Yeah. Funny how it's an ex-Democrat, who's closer to the center, which makes the Donk piggies squeal so much, too.

I think a chunk of the GOP party congressmen are still hiding under the benches trying not to be noticed, however.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1834
What is wrong with America. Every sane person knows that the American dream ended in the end of the 19th century.

So what is actually the/your problem?

Just curious, but also accept your hate. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:
What is wrong with America. Every sane person knows that the American dream ended in the end of the 19th century.

So what is actually the/your problem?

Just curious, but also accept your hate. ;)

Right, so everything after that was a mistake:
—-saving Europe from itself in the Great War...mistake
—-saving Europe in World War 2...mistake
—-sending a man to the moon...mistake
—-Inventing the internet(thanks AlGore)...mistake
—-inventing the cell phone...mistake
—-the Kodak Brownie camera...mistake

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch ... employment

Quote:
14 states hit record-low unemployment

BY REID WILSON - 04/23/18 11:21 AM EDT

Fourteen states have set new records for low unemployment rates in the last year, nearly a decade after the recession put millions of Americans out of work.

The states hitting new unemployment lows run the ideological gamut, from conservative Texas to liberal California, suggesting a recovery stronger than any particular political persuasion.

In March, eight states saw new record lows, including Hawaii (2.1 percent), Idaho (2.9 percent), Kentucky (4 percent ), Maine (2.7 percent), Mississippi (4.5 percent), Oregon (4.1 percent) and Wisconsin (2.9 percent).

California also set a new record last month. The Golden State’s unemployment rate stands at 4.1 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). That’s the lowest rate recorded since BLS began keeping track of state-level unemployment figures in 1976, and it’s a third of the 12.3 percent unemployment rate California notched at the height of the recession in December 2010.

Colorado’s unemployment rate is just 2.6 percent, among the lowest in the nation, and a third of the 8.9 percent peak it hit in 2010.

In Alabama, just 3.7 percent of workers are unemployed. Arkansas reached a 3.6 percent unemployment rate last May, its lowest rate ever.

North Dakota set its own record last year. Texas hit a 3.9 percent unemployment rate in November, after peaking at 8.3 percent during the height of the recession. Tennessee fell to the lowest unemployment rate it has ever measured, 3.3 percent, in January.

Hawaii’s unemployment rate is the lowest in the nation, BLS said. Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota and Wisconsin all have unemployment rates lower than 3 percent.

Such a tight job market means businesses are competing for workers, rather than workers competing for scarce jobs. That has some economists combing through data in search of evidence of rising wages, which have been largely stagnant since the recession.

Wages have risen only slowly in recent months. The average hourly earnings of nonfarm employees stood at $26.82 in March, up from $26.11 at the same time last year.

Alaska has the highest unemployment rate in the nation, at 7.3 percent, as low commodity prices challenge a state that performed relatively well during the recession. But Alaska’s unemployment rate has historically been higher than the national average; the lowest rate the state has ever recorded, in June 2007, was 6.3 percent, markedly higher than the 4.6 percent national unemployment rate at the time.

The District of Columbia and New Mexico both had unemployment rates of 5.6 percent last month, while West Virginia’s rate stood at 5.4 percent.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:52 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7152
While the unemployment data seems to be great news it is actually quite flawed.

At last count there was something like 90 million people who are able to work but have "dropped out" of the labor market. Because they no longer seek work, they are not included in the unemployment data.

So the unemployment rate of 4.1 percent would indicate full employment and correspondingly raising wages. But because wages aren't raising, we therefore cannot be at full employment. Thus the unemployment rate is bullshit.

What is going on here is that as there are more job openings those folks who previously "dropped out" of the labor market are slowly making their way back in. This excess pool of unemployed prevents wages from raising because in reality, because there is no labor shortage there is no real reason for companies to compete for labor. Labor competition is what causes increases in wages.

When we start see raising wages, then we will know that we are reaching full employment (nominally 4% unemployed). Until then all these statistics are just bullshit.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 127  Next