maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1703 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:55 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
I predict that the suspension of his WH press credentials will last a week or so, maybe 2 at the most.
They will then be reinstated.

Acosta is the perfect foil for Trump; Lex Lothor to Trump’s Superman; The Joker to Trump’s Batman.

I think Trump enjoys the verbal sparring with Acosta.
Acosta can be such an idiot that he makes Trump look good.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:30 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8891
chijohnaok wrote:
Geez....they are now "Zapruder-ing" the video to cover for Jim Acosta....

http://archive.fo/zOtW1

Quote:
‘A lie’: Watch slow motion video of CNN’s Jim Acosta prove White House staffer touched him four times

Quote:
Raw Story slowed down the video and paused it on the incidents of contact showing the four impact zones.

"impact zones"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

So if a woman makes incidental contact while trying to do her job it's acceptable for a man to grapple with her and push her away? Hard to keep up with the rules these days. Same exact video but with Trump and the loony left will say Trump assaulted the woman. The White House is using the left's own rules against them here and forcing them to look like hypocrites for the zillionth time.

However, gentlemen are raised not to behave that way. Normal people can see Acosta was being a dick.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

chijohnaok wrote:
I predict that the suspension of his WH press credentials will last a week or so, maybe 2 at the most.
They will then be reinstated.

Acosta is the perfect foil for Trump; Lex Lothor to Trump’s Superman; The Joker to Trump’s Batman.

I think Trump enjoys the verbal sparring with Acosta.
Acosta can be such an idiot that he makes Trump look good.

Lex Lothor. :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:59 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Lex Virtue Signaler.

He does make a great childish actor.

The White House gains every team he throws one of his infantile tantrums in public. They'd be stupid to keep his stupid loud mouth out for too long, as he helps cement more disdain for the fake corporate media every time he does shit like this. :lol: He's a gold mine for Trump.

Also: the 4Chan peeps should sneak into the Lefty media bubble again and start calling him a "Trump plant". To plant that seed among the REEEEsistance. That would shit in Acosta's public virtue signaling goal. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:47 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/11 ... ler-probe/

Quote:
Swalwell: GOP Won’t Get Democratic Votes to Fund Government if They Won’t Protect Mueller Probe

9 Nov 2018

On Friday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Wolf,” Representative Eric Swalwell (D-CA) stated that Republicans won’t get Democratic votes to fund the government “if they’re not going to be willing to make sure that we protect the Mueller probe.” Swalwell added that protecting the Mueller probe is possible without a fight over the budget.

Swalwell said, “Whitaker was hired to be a hitman to take out the Mueller probe. It’s clear. He fired the guy that recused himself from the probe to put in someone who has already prejudged the investigation. … And so, we have a number of options. One, we’re going to have a funding the government vote coming up here in a couple weeks, and we’re going to insist that we protect the Mueller probe.”

Anchor Wolf Blitzer then asked Swalwell how Democrats will do that.

Swalwell answered, “Well, you know, the Republicans have been unable for the last two years to fund the government with their own votes. They run government, of course. They have the House. They have the Senate. They have the White House. But they can’t sort out themselves, so they’ve had to rely on Democratic votes. They’re not going to get Democratic votes if they’re not going to be willing to make sure that we protect the Mueller probe.”

He later added, “I think the opportunity is for Republicans to step up, finally, to hear what the voters wanted on Tuesday, and to just protect the Mueller probe. There’s bipartisan support in the country to do that. We can do that without having a budget fight.”

Trump and the House GOP leadership could work this to their advantage....

Trump sends out a Tweet or two: "The Mueller withchhunt CANNOT go on forever"

Dems panic, GOP cuts a favorable budget deal perhaps including some more border wall funding.

After that Trump sends out a Tweet "Mueller will be allowed to finish his investigation in a timely manner"

Wring a budget out of the Dems in exchange for something that he (Trump) was not going to do anyway.
8-)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/16/media/cn ... index.html

Quote:
Judge orders White House to return Jim Acosta's press pass

By Brian Stelter, Marshall Cohen, David Shortell and Jessica Schneider, CNN

Updated 10:55 AM ET, Fri November 16, 2018

(CNN)Federal judge Timothy J. Kelly sided with CNN on Friday, ordering the White House to reinstate chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta's press pass.

The ruling was an initial victory for CNN in its lawsuit against President Trump and several top aides.

The lawsuit alleges that CNN and Acosta's First and Fifth Amendment rights are being violated by the suspension of Acosta's press pass.

Kelly did not rule on the underlying case on Friday. But he granted CNN's request for a temporary restraining order.

This result means that Acosta will have his access to the White House restored for at least a short period of time. The judge said while explaining his decision that he believes that CNN and Acosta are likely to prevail in the case overall.

Continued at above link

I did note from another article that I read that this order is temporary, pending a further hearing on the underlying matter.

----

So what's next?
Acosta gets his WH ID pass back so that he can enter the White House.
The next Trump (or Sarah Sanders) press event rolls around and neither of them call on Acosta for a question.
Will CNN then file suit demanding that the court order Trump/Sanders call on Acosta at least once at every press event?

The thing is that these press events generally have more reporters at the event, than there is time for every single one of them to be able to ask a question.

Vinegar or honey Abilio ---which will get you more flies?
Stop being such an ass.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

Another take on the Acosta-White House spat:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/11/ ... s-freedom/

Quote:
WHITE HOUSE

Making Acosta a Federal Case

By MONA CHAREN
November 16, 2018 6:30 AM

The White House handled Mr. Showboat in about the worst possible way.

Question: What does CNN’s Jim Acosta crave more than anything? If you said “attention,” go to the head of the class. It’s a mystery why the White House has given Acosta way more than that. By yanking his “hard pass” after last week’s press conference (don’t ask who was obnoxious; they all were), Acosta has literally become a federal case. CNN filed suit claiming that its reporter’s First and Fifth Amendment rights were violated. More than a dozen news organizations, including Fox, have filed amicus briefs supporting CNN, and even Trump-friendly Fox News judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano has opined that Acosta has a strong case. Mr. Showboat is just where he wants to be — the center of attention — but thanks to President Trump’s gratuitous swipe, he is also a free-press martyr.

Acosta’s technique has been honed for many months — asking questions not to receive answers but to shame. At the November 7 press conference, Acosta rose to “challenge” the president on what he had said about the caravan during the closing days of the campaign. “As you know Mr. President, the caravan was not an invasion. It’s a group of migrants moving up from Central America towards the border with the U.S.”

It’s not Acosta’s job to joust with the president over interpretations of words. Leave that to commentators or politicians. He could have asked the president where he got his information about Middle Eastern terrorists infiltrating into the caravan, or what his evidence was that there were many criminals in its ranks. He might have asked what purpose U.S. troops would serve at the border in light of the Posse Comitatus Act. He could have asked whether the president thought any of the migrants might have colorable asylum claims. Instead, he demanded: “Do you think you demonized immigrants?”

Frankly, if Acosta thinks the president demonized immigrants, let him write an op-ed. A press conference is supposed to be about eliciting information. Acosta doesn’t practice journalism so much as performance art.

The White House handled this mosquito in about the worst possible way. The president could have declined to call on him. Having called on him and been offended by his tone, the president could have refused to take the bait, saying “You might want to run for office yourself. In the meantime, I’ll call on someone who wants to ask a question, not stage a debate.”

Instead, in a fit of petulance, the White House revoked Acosta’s press pass. This is Trump not understanding the import of the office he holds. When Trump the businessman took swipes at press coverage he disliked, it was pique. When the president of the United States does it, it smacks of authoritarianism. Admittedly, the press corps are a high-strung bunch, but this White House flirts with intimidation, calling down contempt for them at rallies, deriding them as the “enemy of the people” (which is an echo of Stalin, whether Trump recognizes it or not), threatening to sic the FTC on the owner of the Washington Post, and elevating the likes of Gateway Pundit.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who cannot be much more honest than her boss and hope to keep her job, issued a tweet explaining that Acosta was exiled because he had accosted the intern who attempted to remove the mic from his hands. “President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his Administration. We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern. . . .”

Anyone who watched the exchange — or looked it up on YouTube — knew that this was risible. Yet Sanders said it anyway and even released a video that had been slightly doctored (by speeding it up) to make it seem that Acosta had been physically swatting at the intern.

Within a few days, Sanders changed her tune, claiming instead that the White House cannot run a smooth press conference if reporters hog the mic. But let’s pause to consider where this White House has settled. Covering up for an intemperate retaliation against a journalist, the spokesman for the president of the United States attempted to rewrite the history that we had all seen with our own eyes just days before.

© 2018 Creators.com

MONA CHAREN — Mona Charen is a senior fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center. @monachareneppc

I don't agree with everything (or perhaps even most) of what Mona Charen said above, but she was right on the mark with this:
Trump could have simply ignored Acosta and not called on him to ask a question.

If Acosta is not called on, then he has less opportunity to showboat and generate drama.

Go forward, if the reinstatement of Acosta's WH ID stands, then Trump/Sanders should simply limit the number of times that they call on him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14677
Personally I applaud trumpf's treatment of the scum ... whether it is papa charlie or not .. sometimes it is time to ignore and sometimes it is time to counter ...

I don't see what business this is of the courts anyway. I think if I was tumpf I would ignore the court. The court can try to hold trumpf in contempt, but ultimately the court would need to forward that concept to the house to impeach. I think that's the only way you can punish a sitting resident.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:11 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
jwilkerson wrote:
Personally I applaud trumpf's treatment of the scum ... whether it is papa charlie or not .. sometimes it is time to ignore and sometimes it is time to counter ...

I don't see what business this is of the courts anyway. I think if I was tumpf I would ignore the court. The court can try to hold trumpf in contempt, but ultimately the court would need to forward that concept to the house to impeach. I think that's the only way you can punish a sitting resident.

Be careful with the word impeachment. ;)

It is in the air.

:lol:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16086
I have no idea whether the Chief Executive is in any way "required" to speak to anyone, much less to let anyone into his presence, which is effectively what the judge who claims Acosta has a strong case is suggesting. In MY house, if someone is a rude asshole, they can see themselves to the door, or if they refuse Dekalb County's finest will be on their way to arrest for trespassing. Seems as simple as that to me: want to be in the White House, or in any location where the President or his staff are holding a press briefing? Be nice. Be polite. Ask important worthwhile questions if your point is to be a "journalist." Anyone with any sense can see that Acosta has never done any of the preceding. He has been a rude, arrogant, insulting, disrespectful, contumelious, surly, hostile, antagonistic prick who never asks real questions, only "trick ones" which he and his producer/director team feel they can leverage into a sound byte. Hell, even the questioning and treatment of fucking Nazi German high command in the Nuremberg Trials was conducted with more decorum by the presiding judges and attorneys than the Press (in general) have afforded Trump and his team. If they want to be rude, then force them to submit questions by email, take the wind out of their sails.

The judge who has ruled in favor of Acosta seems to be smoking crack. One's First and Fifth Amendment Rights (what? Fifth Amemdment rights!?) do not include being rude as far as I'm concerned. If Acosta came into that judges courtroom and insisted on behaving the way he does toward the judge, you know he'd be held in contempt!

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1703 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171  Next