maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1621 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 163  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trump, Trump, Trump
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:41 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:45 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Tariq Nasheed sent out the following tweet in reference to Attorney General Jeff Sessions:

Tariq Nasheed

@tariqnasheed
Jeff Sessions did a speech and said "the office of Sheriff is a critical part of the Anglo-American heritage of law enforcement." He wanted to go on record with the ANGLO-AMERICAN description. He went full white supremacy, and every Black and non-white sheriff should be insulted

1:31 PM - Feb 12, 2018

The Democratic Senator from the State of Hawaii then followed up on that with a tweet of his own:

Brian Schatz

@brianschatz
Do you know anyone who says “Anglo-American heritage” in a sentence? What could possibly be the purpose of saying that other than to pit Americans against each other? For the chief law enforcement officer to use a dog whistle like that is appalling. Best NO vote I ever cast.

3:59 PM - Feb 12, 2018

Of course the ACLU could not be left out:

ACLU

@ACLU
Yes, our Attorney General just said this. Out loud. https://twitter.com/misstessowen/status ... 7152971776

3:59 PM - Feb 12, 2018

In response to Senator Schatz's question: "Do you know anyone who says “Anglo-American heritage” in a sentence? "

Yes.

Quote:
And, as National Review Online editor Charles C. W. Cooke noted, Obama himself used the reference as well:

That was in 2006.

The full article is at Breitbart:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... also-used/

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:10 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8891
Latin American heritage of law enforcement:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

CatLover7 wrote:
Latin American heritage of law enforcement:

:lol: :lol:

"We don't need no steenking batches"

The old miner is the director's father.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:53 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 18898
Well I guess Bill Murray dosen't want to work again...

Quote:
Actor and comedian Bill Murray praised Republican tax reform as a “fantastic thing” for business and criticized identity politics in a CNBC interview aired Friday.

“The change in the tax law is a great thing for the corporations, it’s a fantastic thing,” Mr. Murray, 67, said during a sit-down interview with CNBC’s “Squawk Box.”

“I don’t pretend to understand what that will mean in the future in terms of the economy or what the budget will have to do to take care of what people call entitlements,” he said. “In the first step, it’s made things easier. I think people feel like there was probably too much regulation, and yet you just hope that they don’t throw out the baby with the bathwater when breaking down regulations.”

Mr. Murray, who debuted his impersonation of former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon last month on “Saturday Night Live,” also commented on the country’s divided political climate and how identity politics have started to dominate the Democratic Party and the comedy industry as a whole.

“How can Kristen Wiig make everyone laugh?” he posited. “She’s not thinking about being political, she’s thinking about what resonates and what is common to all of us. I think that’s harder and harder to do because people are trying to win their point of view as opposed to saying, ‘What if I had spoke to everyone?’”

“My friend who’s a great comedy writer, Jim Downey, he’s accused of being a right-wing comedy writer, if there is such a thing,” Mr. Murray said. “He says, ‘No, I just think the way the Democrats handle things is poor, where they try to pick out little pieces of a population, of well we represent the Hispanics, we represent the LGBT or something.’ And they’re not speaking to everyone at once. And it’s almost demeaning to say, ‘I’m choosing you because you’re a splinter group or you’re a certain minority group.’ There’s almost a resentment that somehow you’re separated, again, by a politician — ‘You’re my people. I’m in control of you, I represent you,’ instead of thinking that each citizen has a right to be respected as a citizen first, under the laws of the country.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ntastic-t/

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15595
Fucking stupid commie puppet twats. Do they think that modern democracy evolved ANYWHERE other than in Norman occupied British Isles!? i.e., in the "Anglo sphere?"

The real irony of it is: "Anglo" is jut about the most "diverse" cultural entity in existence. The Anglo (people, culture, language) have been absorbing, assimilating, adopting and appealing to humans of virtually every goddamn make and model for the last ~1000 years. And these numbskulls think that "Anglo" is a fucking dirty word because in their post-Marxist-addled peabrains the only thing that constitutes "diverse" is something that has higher melanin content, doesn't speak English, and leans toward totalitarian collectivization.

Somewhere past 1965 our Western educational institutions went completely off the tracks and we are now feeling the full brunt force of it pushing feklessly for the self-destruction of "the West," which is in essence, the single best cultural movement to have ever arisen in the history of the universe.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

Bill Murray is such a massive star he can probably get away with it...or he is richer than God and doesn't care. :)

In a sane world admitting that tax cuts are good for corporations and economic growth in the short run hardly seems heretical.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:44 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Anthropoid wrote:
Fucking stupid commie puppet twats. Do they think that modern democracy evolved ANYWHERE other than in Norman occupied British Isles!? i.e., in the "Anglo sphere?"

The real irony of it is: "Anglo" is jut about the most "diverse" cultural entity in existence. The Anglo (people, culture, language) have been absorbing, assimilating, adopting and appealing to humans of virtually every goddamn make and model for the last ~1000 years. And these numbskulls think that "Anglo" is a fucking dirty word because in their post-Marxist-addled peabrains the only thing that constitutes "diverse" is something that has higher melanin content, doesn't speak English, and leans toward totalitarian collectivization.

Somewhere past 1965 our Western educational institutions went completely off the tracks and we are now feeling the full brunt force of it pushing feklessly for the self-destruction of "the West," which is in essence, the single best cultural movement to have ever arisen in the history of the universe.

Would Image, but timer.

Also:

Tariq Dumbass wrote:
Tariq Nasheed

@tariqnasheed
Jeff Sessions did a speech and said "the office of Sheriff is a critical part of the Anglo-American heritage of law enforcement." He wanted to go on record with the ANGLO-AMERICAN description. He went full white supremacy, and every Black and non-white sheriff should be insulted

Pretty sure "sheriff" is a word that came directly from Anglo-Saxons.

Edit: Yep. Just checked. Origins: Middle English & Old English. AKA "Anglish". ;)

Uneducated motherfuckers putting their foot in it, per usual.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/sheriff?s=t

Quote:
before 1050; Middle English sher(r)ef, Old English scīrgerēfa. See shire, reeve

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15595
Of course, this is not to say that the Francs (and probably even to some minimal extent other cultural entities) did eventually make their own unique contributions to the evolution of modern Western democracy, humanism (and eventually secularism). Moreover, it was in fact the Scandinavian-descended Franco-assimilated, French speaking "Norman" warlords who occupied and conquered Britain who were the ones who made the pragmatic decision to experiment with the legal, philosophical and governmental innovations which lay the groundwork for the modern West. They didn't do it out of altruism, they did it because if they had not they would have been ruling over an anarchy; there simply were not enough Norman commoners to go around.

In this sense, "Anglo" doesn't really mean what most people think it means; the origins are really one of startlingly pragmatic blending, i.e., "diversity."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:31 am 
Sergeant Major

Utoh...this one looks bad. Melania is going to be pissed.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02 ... ocket.html

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1621 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 163  Next