maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Grim Parallels?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:12 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14677
Quote:
Not the people who pass it off as "we'll it'll never happen so I'm not going to worry about it."

You don't read very closely.

1. It will never happen.

2. If someone tries to make it happen, legions of principled slightly libertarian white men, many but not all of whom voted for Trump, and who are distrustful of big government nanny state autocracies, will gladly tell those trying to implement such policies to go to hell. More specifically, we won't be turning in anyone, we won't be convicting anyone for failing to register, we won't help anyone track down new categories of undesirables, and we'll be more than happy to lay some new track for the Underground Railroad. We didn't go along with southern slaver assholes from 1854-1860, and we're not about to sign on to the latest flavor of State Sponsored Terror just because a White Guy is in the White House. Were we so inclined, we've had 43 previous opportunities to do that. We did not. We did not do that because We Are Not The Droids You're Looking For.

3. And we won't even expect knee-jerk leftist nanny state anti-white-male anti-second-amendment assholes or any of their Sensitive New Age White Guy Self-loathing Ally Apologists to acknowledge our efforts much less thank us for them. It would be nice, however, if one of these days, all the allies of victim-identity-politicians would stop saying hateful, bigoted things about white men.

Thanks for your time.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

Last edited by mdiehl on Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:13 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Like I said, it was a trip-up question with an extemporaneous answer. It was phrased to be used in attack ads. That what's the 4th estate branch of the DNC does. It wasn't some kind of platform position.

You will notice "ban immigrants from muslim countires" changed to "extreme vetting" with no ban. BTW, we already have a national registration system ...for workers...it's called Social Security. ;)

Suppose Trump wakes up one day and decides he wants a registration card for all muslim citizens. Who is going to do that? Homeland Security? So he calls up the Sec of Homeland Sec and orders him to do it.....and the guy either quits or demands an act of Congress. So he finds a schlub in Congress to offer the bill...and get both houses to pass it...and by some miracle it happens.....the first guy to sign up would have 3 ACLU lawyers with him and you you would have Mohammed v Homeland Security filed in 5 minutes.

The first federal judge it came up before would issue an injunction because it would have "substantive chance" of being found unconstituional. The only way it colde ver happen is in a state of Martial Law.

It really is complete paranoia. You need to be a little more selective on what sites you read. Some of these clowns are just fanning the flames.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14677
And if someone tried to invoke Martial Law in support of that, 80% of America would refuse to cooperate.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

98%

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:22 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5019
99%

That's the perfect parable for this election and how the left has come to just accept that the country is not even in their control.. It's controlled by the whims of the Clinton foundation....

Trump's election is proof otherwise... you should be rejoicing Gary...

Last edited by Gump on Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:24 pm 
Sergeant Major

1% deplorables, agreed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17509
My post in this thread wasn't very good, but Gary's knew nickname Garistotle needs to stick. It's good 8-) Honestly I think the only thing I'm better at than president Trump is assigning good nicknames.

Crooked Gary. Lyin' Gary. Little Gary. That's no good. Garistotle is perfect. I can't figure out how to plus rep myself 8-)

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

Gary Childress wrote:
Gump wrote:
Somebody get Gary a pill...

I hope I am just being paranoid. And JR may be right that such a bill would meet enough opposition in other parts of the legislature that would stop it. However, that doesn't detract from the fact that Trump said it and the people who are going to stop that kind of legislature are the people who speak up against it. Not the people who pass it off as "we'll it'll never happen so I'm not going to worry about it."

My bold emphasis above.

From what I understand (in her released emails) HRC asked if the government could drone Julian Assange. Is that anymore, or any less scary?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:28 pm 
PFC

Reputation points: 1082
Gary Childress wrote:
Quote:
NEWTON, Iowa — Donald J. Trump, who earlier in the week said he was open to requiring Muslims in the United States to register in a database, said on Thursday night that he “would certainly implement that — absolutely.”

Mr. Trump was asked about the issue by an NBC News reporter and pressed on whether all Muslims in the country would be forced to register. “They have to be,” he said. “They have to be.’’

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-d ... ster/?_r=0

This is beyond scary.

Beyond scary?

No. Is it what we want for our ideals? No.

Is it needed during our ongoing war with a portion of muslims who are not beholden to a nation? Absolutely.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17509

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next