maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yo, Kaepernick, did I mention you are a shitty QB too?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:49 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5760
The hair makes me laugh hard... how long did they have to primp and tease that out ? He's a man whore...

If the NFL gig doesn't work out he's first in line for the next Deuce Bigalow remake...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kHMOXNsE2k

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/nfl- ... -playoffs/

Quote:
NFL Ratings Plunge As 23 Million Fewer Viewers Watch Divisional Playoffs

Posted on January 17, 2018 by Clay Travis - OKTC

This past weekend the NFL had three very competitive games among its four divisional round playoff contests.

Unfortunately for the league, ratings continued to plummet.

In fact, ratings are plummeting so much that virtually no major media outlets are even talking about ratings at all. It’s almost like the league and its television partners have put out the code red not to acknowledge the collapse in viewership so far in 2018.

Here are the ugly details head to head in the same timeslots as last year:

Saints-Vikings 35.6 million viewers

Packers-Cowboys 48.5 million viewers

Jags-Steelers 31.4 million viewers

Steelers-Chiefs 37.1 million viewers

Titans-Patriots 26.7 million viewers

Texans-Patriots 29.8 million viewers

Falcons-Eagles 27.1 million viewers

Seahawks-Falcons 28.7 million viewers

Yep, every single game was down, no matter how good the games were. And, remember, three of these games were highly competitive in the divisional round this year. Whereas last year only two of the games were competitive. Hell, three of the four windows even feature one of the same teams from last year. And yes, I know, the Cowboys and the Packers played last year and those are the two biggest fan base draws in the NFL, but even if you pull that game out the numbers for the other three games also declined double digits. (The three other games were down 15.3%, 10.4% and 5.6%)

Adding all these numbers up 120.8 million viewers watched the NFL divisional round playoffs in 2018 vs. 144.1 million who watched in 2017, a decline of 23.3 million total viewers.

That’s an overall viewership decline of over 16%, even steeper than last week’s 13% playoff decline. (Even if you leave out the Packers-Cowboys numbers completely the NFL playoff ratings would have still been down 10.3%).

These playoff numbers weren’t just bad compared to last year either, they hit a ten year low.

Will that change this coming weekend with the AFC and NFC title games? We’ll see. But no matter how you slice it, the NFL ratings, both playoff and regular season, are collapsing in 2018.

In fact, playoff rating declines have been even worse than regular season rating declines.

It’s almost like fans are fed up with the politicization of football.

Nah, that couldn’t be it.

Probably just another reason.

Let’s talk more about Colin Kaepernick and players kneeling!

It will be interesting to see how the NFL's partners (as in its advertisers, broadcasters, etc.) react to these results.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:22 pm 
Sergeant Major

Saints-Vikings was a pretty damn good game.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:29 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 10210
jack t ripper wrote:
Saints-Vikings was a pretty damn good game.

Well if you're a Vikings fan like me than it was an outstanding game.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:35 am 
Sergeant Major

This just in:

Quote:
The official parade in Philly for the 41-33 triumph over the New England Patriots isn’t until February 8 but there is certainly one element of Super Bowl LII that wasn’t champion – the ratings

With 103.4 million watching, last night’s game on NBC from Minneapolis is down 7% from the total set of network eyeballs from the 2017 Super Bowl. A steeper fall than even the declining the stock market today, that’s the worst the Super Bowl has done since 2009 when the Pittsburgh Steelers 27-23 defeat of the Arizona Cardinals scored 98.7 million viewers.

I got that from Deadline Hollywood.

That is probably NOT what companies that paid a reported $5 million for a commercial spot were hoping to hear.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:18 am 
Sergeant Major

Epic game, however.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:53 am 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
Epic game, however.

Yes, it was.

No players taking a knee during the National Anthem (that I noticed).

Unfortunately, for the NFL and the network, it was viewed by 7% fewer people than watched the game last year; fewer people than watched any Super Bowl over the last 9 years.

All the bullshittery of this past season left its mark.

What will remain to be seen is what the future holds:

—-Will players continue their protests next season?

——Will the fans that stopped watching and attending games return next season?

—-or will those fans (and possibly more) stay away?

Major League Baseball saw a 20% drop in its attendance the season after the 1994 season was lost to the players strike. The impact was so bad in 2001 owners voted to contract the size of the league by 2 teams. The Twins managed to save themselves while the league was forced to purchase the Montreal Expos in 2001 and relocate them to Washington DC. The per game average attendance for MLB declined after the 1994 baseball strike. The league did not surpass its 1993 and 1994 average game attendance until 2007—13 years after the strike.

I’m not sayin that this will happen to the NFL. But fans can be fickle, and they can hold a grudge.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

The thing is there is a lot of "cutting the cord" and viewers streaming instead.

Don't know if that accounts for some of the reuctions

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:05 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
The thing is there is a lot of "cutting the cord" and viewers streaming instead.

Don't know if that accounts for some of the reuctions

That wouldn’t account though for all the photos we saw during the season of empty seats in the stands. ;-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:07 am 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
Colin Kaepernick has the absolute right to protest anything he damn well pleases. I don’t dispute that for one second. My father, my husband, and many, many friends have all served this country and were willing to fight for his right to kneel.

But that right goes both ways. I also have a right to express my disgust at your decision to portray him as some kind of hero. What, exactly has Colin Kaepernick sacrificed? His multi-million dollar paycheck…? Nope, you already gave him one of those. His reputation? No, he’s been fawned over by celebrities and media alike. Funny, Tim Tebow was never called courageous when he knelt.
—-Sherry Graham

I had never heard of Sherry Graham before this.
I had no idea who she was.....until I read her letter to Nike.

You can read it for yourself here:

https://americandigest.org/wp/the-hat-b ... #more-8675

PS: FUCK U EU and your link tax.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next