maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Yo, Kaepernick, did I mention you are a shitty QB too?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15682
:roll: Ass hole. Where does he think the money comes from? NFL needs to step up and protect their image.

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick refused to stand for the national anthem during a preseason game Friday out of protest against America's treatment of "black people and people of color."

Kaepernick told NFL media he made his own decision to protest the playing of the anthem during the game against the Green Bay Packers, saying he felt an obligation to stand with "people that are oppressed."

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," he said. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Kaepernick, who was making his return from injury Friday, maintains an active presence on social media and frequently retweets articles focused on the subject of police violence.

"I am not looking for approval," he added. "I have to stand up for people that are oppressed."

Kaepernick, a five-year veteran, broke into the NFL in 2012, a year he led the 49ers to the Super Bowl.

The 49ers issued a statement before Kaepernick's comments to NFL media were published, saying: "The national anthem is and always will be a special part of the pre-game ceremony. It is an opportunity to honor our country and reflect on the great liberties we are afforded as its citizens. In respecting such American principles as freedom of religion and freedom of expression, we recognize the right of an individual to choose and participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem."

The NFL released a statement on Kaepernick's decision not to stand, saying: "Players are encouraged but not required to stand during the playing of the National Anthem."

ABC News has reached out to Kaepernick for comment.

This is not the first time an American athlete has weighed into the debate around racial oppression in America.

Following the police shooting deaths of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile in July, which were captured on video and spurred large protests across the country, New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony reached out to fellow athletes on social media, urging them to “step up and take charge” of the political environment.

“These politicians have to step up and fight for change. I’m calling for all my fellow ATHLETES to step up and take charge,” Anthony wrote in an Instagram post that featured an image from 1967 of top black athletes, including Jim Brown and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, holding a news conference in support Muhammad Ali’s refusal to be drafted into the Army during the Vietnam War.

“Go to your local officials, leaders, congressman, assemblymen/assemblywoman and demand change. There’s NO more sitting back and being afraid of tackling and addressing political issues anymore. Those days are long gone. We have to step up and take charge. We can’t worry about what endorsements we gonna lose or [who’s] going to look at us crazy,” Anthony wrote.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Yo, Kaepernick, did I mention you are a shitty QB too?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:09 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4399
He is officially a scumbag of epic proportions. 49'ers will lose any and all of my respect unless they cut the scumbag and toss him out on his ass. Let him go back to the slums with the other so called oppressed. He was so oppressed that he probably got a free ride thru college and then got paid millions to play a damn game. They can officially shoot him now for all I care.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

Don't count on the 49's to do anything. Of course, he might not be the starter anyway. He can collect splinters during the National Anthem and the game.

Quote:
Colin Kaepernick, who has been mired in a quarterback controversy with Blaine Gabbert to see who will lead the 49ers this season, may have sparked a real controversy Friday night.

Kaepernick did not stand for the national anthem before the 49ers preseason game at Levi's Stadium, although the move went unnoticed by most at the time. ProFootballTalk.com reported the story more than an hour after the game, and no reporters asked Kaepernick about it following the 49ers 21-10 loss to the Packers.

Fantasy Football 2016: Top 200 rankings

Kaepernick explained his stance during an interview with NFL.com: "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color," he said after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Recommended for you: Yahoo Fantasy Football - Win. Gloat. Repeat.
fantasysports.yahoo.com | Sponsored

But Kaepernick's action prompted the 49ers to issue a statement acknowledging that he sat during the anthem, and defending his right to do so.

“The national anthem is and always will be a special part of the pre-game ceremony," reads the statement. "It is an opportunity to honor our country and reflect on the great liberties we are afforded as its citizens. In respecting such American principles as freedom of religion and freedom of expression, we recognize the right of an individual to choose to participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem.”

MORE: Why Kaepernick took a stand

That stance will not sit well with many fans, however, and Kaepernick is sure to hear the boos in opposing stadiums as the media shines the spotlight on his decision. Was Kaepernick, who has been outspoken on his Twitter account about racial issues in the U.S., making a political statement? Expect to hear much more on this story in the coming days.

By the way, neither Kaepernick nor Gabbert did anything to win the starter's role Friday night, each finishing with 14 yards passing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:35 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 3288
dont see any links above, perhaps i'm blind?
and given that NFL is about banal, commercial brutality and steroid acrobatics, wont google it either.

But 'Kaepernick' is one hell of a name for a person of color ?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

"high yeller"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/col ... smsnnews11

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:09 pm 
Staff Sergeant

jack t ripper wrote:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colin-kaepernick-sits-during-national-anthem-49ers-defend-move/ar-BBw792S?OCID=ansmsnnews11

looks Somali or Ethiopian to me....heaven forbid he might be ' biracial' ? Would Obama say 'that could be my younger cousin' ?
:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

His mom was white, dad was black, dad disappeared

He was adopted by the Kaepernick family

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:27 pm 
Staff Sergeant

jack t ripper wrote:
His mom was white, dad was black, dad disappeared
He was adopted by the Kaepernick family

a modern SJW meme.....thank god he didnt forget his 'blackness'. Hello Mr Obama....feeling good are you?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:23 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11537
All this ... everything ... that pumps bzillions of dollars into his pocket is the country he despises. He's perfectly within his rights to object to whatever, of course.

Plain fact is he's not all that great a QB. IMO he's overpaid. But then, I am partial to New England, Buffalo, and AZ. So if the SF Giants lose every game, or are led on the gridiron by an SJW, I don't really care.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next