maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yo, Kaepernick, did I mention you are a shitty QB too?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14677
Apparently Rooooger has pissed off enough owners that 16 of them do not want Roooger's contract to be renewed:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2741256-report-jerry-jones-among-17-owners-against-roger-goodell-contract-extension?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:20 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14720
"Prime time . . . " wut? People still watch cable TV?

Wow. I thought that was like, archaeological stuff by now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:22 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
I know that the NFL players some of its games overseas now.

I wonder if any have been scheduled in China?

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... china.html

Quote:
A draft amendment to the country’s Criminal Law was submitted for deliberation at a session of the National People's Congress Standing Committee on Monday. Violators could face up to three years in prison, according to the draft.

China passed a new law in September mandating up to 15 days in police detention for those who mock the “March of the Volunteers,” which is China’s national anthem. The law also covers the Chinese territories of Hong Kong and Macau, Reuters reported.

;)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:49 am 
Sergeant Major

ONLY MLB PLAYER TO KNEEL IS ARRESTED ON GUN CHARGES

Why am I not surprised...

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:02 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7652
NFL is going down the toilet anyway.

Mama doesn't want baby to bash his brains out playing pro football.

This all merely accelerates the decline.

Perhaps, it is a good thing.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14720
He does look a bit porky. Maybe he was kneeling because of all the strain his lard ass was causing on his left leg?

Kneeling with hand over heart during the anthem . . . I wouldn't have gathered anything special about such an action if it wasn't pointed out to me that it had a special intended meaning. I mean, yeah, standing is supposed to be the ideal manifestation of the ritual and placing the hand over the heart, but merely sitting and bowing one's head could be just as respectful.

It is the "refusing to be on the field and making it clear why" part that strikes me as cheeky.

Main problem is: a lot of people of all colors and ancestries are about as smart as burlap bag filled with hammers. They probably haven't thought it all through very thoroughly, but being instructed in the acceptable manner for them to behave while they WORK FOR their employer and with the caveat that "Your 1st Amendment Rights do not extend to sabotaging my business, so you best fucking play along with this innocuous little ritual performance no matter what you 'BELIEVE' in that jumbled bag of hammers between your ears, or you can find yourself a new job."

You want to express your "protest" of whatever, oppression, whitey, blah-deh-blah on your OWN TIME and on your OWN DIME. That is fine to the extent it does not put your employer in a bad light. If it does put us in a bad light, well you can rest assured those sorts of factors will be weighed when it comes to contract renewal time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/11 ... s-viewers/

Quote:
Final Ratings: World Series +6.6 Million, Leaving NFL Only Major Sport to Drop U.S. Viewers

by JOHN PUDNER4 Nov 2017
Auburn, AL

The final numbers are in and … Breitbart’s estimate that an average of 21 million homes tuned in for the World Series games during the past two years proved very close — with the final figure calculated at 20.8 million, an increase of 6.6 million homes over the two World Series before the NFL protests began.

The NFL is the only major TV sport to drop, as college football and college basketball’s March Madness saw huge jumps and the NBA Finals added almost a million viewers per game (Average viewers for NASCAR and the NHL and Major League Soccer championships are all much smaller at fewer than 5 million.).

A new AP story indicates NFL viewership for the first half of 2017 dropped to 14.8 million, even worse than the dismal 15.6 million last year for an average of 15.2 million during the two seasons of protests. That is a drop of almost five million from the average 20 million that watched on Fox and CBS during the two seasons before the protest, as calculated by an early 2016 Sports Illustrated story predicting the numbers would keep rising. Most games are on CBS or Fox, though NBC’s Sunday night football drew higher ratings and ESPN drew lower ratings for Sunday Night and Monday night football respectively.

Millions of TV sets 2014-15 2016-17 Change
NFL TV (CBS/Fox) 20.0 15.2 4.8 million fewer
World Series 14.2 20.8 7.0 million more

The drop of almost five million per game for the NFL perhaps contributed to the increase of 6.6 million per World Series games. Nielson ratings further calculate that the average American home with a TV includes 2.5 people, so the rating would indicate between 20 million and 50 million viewers for each World Series game depending on how many were in the home, or more if guests who did not live in the home were present.

College Football, NBA Finals & March Madness Also Increase

Further complicating liberal arguments that the NFL decline has nothing to due with protests, every other major US sports draw is increasing.

The Chicago Tribune reported earlier this season that while the NFL ratings continue to decline, viewers are also going to college football Tribune notes:

But while NFL ratings have slid compared to last season, they have risen for college football. NFL ratings in Week 2 were down 15 percent from last season, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Meanwhile, year-over-year college football ratings have increased, more than 50 percent in several time slots. The NFL has trotted out many explanations for why ratings have dipped the past two years, from the election to hurricanes. Those reasons, though, are not pushing viewers from college football.

The NBA Finals added a million a game, in the same comparison, from 10.5 million to 11.4 million, and the March Madness semifinals (over 12 million) and title game (23 million) also took a huge jump.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:13 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 17657
GQ magazine makes Kaepernick there citizen of the year. Looks like he has gone full on Black Panther...

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
GQ magazine makes Kaepernick there citizen of the year. Looks like he has gone full on Black Panther...

Quote:
The magazine reported an average U.S. paid circulation of 824,334 issues per month, of which 609,238 were subscriptions.[22] 73% of the readership are men, and 63% are single.[22] 65% of readers had an annual income of $50,000 or greater; and 25% had an income greater than $75,000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GQ#Circulation

I would guess that the majority of GQ's subscribers/purchasers live on the East Coast (specifically New York City area or Miami), West Coast (California), or maybe in Chicago.

And of those I would bet (based on the stats above) that the majority are upper middle class to rich single white males.

Most people in the US would not give 2 fucks for what GQ magazine has to say.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
Who's the half-black public dick
That's a sex machine to all the chicks?
(Kaepernick) <colored girls sing>
Ya damn right

Who is the man that would risk his neck
For his brother black man?
Can you dig it?

Who's the cat that won't cop out
When there's Whitey all about?
Right on

They say this cat Kaepernick is a bad mother -
(Shut your mouth) <colored girls sing>
But I'm talkin' 'bout Kaepernick -
(Then we can dig it) <colored girls sing>

He's a complicated man
But no one understands him but Goodel
(Colin Kaepernick)

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next