maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yo, Kaepernick, did I mention you are a shitty QB too?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:24 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16056
Wow, fantastic photograph.

Major League Baseball came back from an extremely damaging player strike but I would have to say the time appears to be running our for the NFL to fix this.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:08 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15634
jack t ripper wrote:
By ra way, the Players Union contract has specific language about owner collusion so if he can show one email between owners saying "don't hire the stupid bastard" he might well prevail although he might have to show it was a team he was negotiating with...not sure about that.

So, even though he is a stupid tool that has been manipulated by others and an owner with any sense would not hire him out of their own self-interest, he might still win his case. Such is the nature of the unlevel playing field of business/labor law. The days of hriing the Pinkertons to shoot some of the union guys working in a dangerous steel mill are over.

If Kaepernick really wants to play football, then he has other options besides the NFL.
He can stay in the US and play in the Arena football league.
He can go to Canada and play in the Canadian Football League.....maybe he likes the Maple Leaf flag more than the Stars and Stripes?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:20 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 14142
He could move to Zimbabwe and play for Mad Bob in a land just overflowing with racial justice.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:24 pm 
Sergeant Major

I think they would laugh at his "Afro".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:27 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 14050
doggie wrote:
He could move to Zimbabwe and play for Mad Bob in a land just overflowing with racial justice.

You're right. The brothaz have it so bad in the US. I'm surprised they aren't doing their best to get out of this hell hole of injustice perpetrated by da man.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:58 am 
Sergeant Major

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/10 ... book-deal/

Quote:
Report: Colin Kaepernick Lands $1 Million Book Deal

by DYLAN GWINN
25 Oct 2017

Ron Burgundy himself would be taken aback by how quickly this story escalated. Early Tuesday, we brought you reports that former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick was shopping a book deal to New York publishers. Later on Tuesday afternoon, reports surfaced that Kaepernick did indeed, ink a seven-figure book deal with a New York publisher.

According to Page 6 of the New York Post, Kaepernick has secured a $1 million book deal with Random House imprint One World.

It’s a logical fit for Kaepernick and the kind of book he’s likely to write. One World, begun last year by Chris Jackson, has also published the works of well-known leftist radical Ta-Nehesi Coates, and Kaepernick supporter Jay-Z.

Kaepernick, who began the NFL’s current movement of anthem protests in the preseason of 2016, will likely focus much of his book on that movement. Given that the wildly unpopular movement he launched has, in large part, kept him from landing a job with another team. The money earned from this book will help soften the financial blow , his political protests have cost him.

Though, given how recent these events are, and how extensively they’ve already been covered. One wonders just how many people will feel the need to buy the book. Even though it’s written from Kaepernick’s unique perspective.

In any event, I guess we now know why the original anthem protester has remained silent while the national debate about him and his protests has consumed the American sports, and political world.

Kaepernick wants you to buy the book.

I bet that Doggie has this on his Christmas wish list. ;-)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:19 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 7610
chijohnaok wrote:
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/10/25/report-colin-kaepernick-lands-1-million-book-deal/

Quote:
Report: Colin Kaepernick Lands $1 Million Book Deal

by DYLAN GWINN
25 Oct 2017

Ron Burgundy himself would be taken aback by how quickly this story escalated. Early Tuesday, we brought you reports that former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick was shopping a book deal to New York publishers. Later on Tuesday afternoon, reports surfaced that Kaepernick did indeed, ink a seven-figure book deal with a New York publisher.

According to Page 6 of the New York Post, Kaepernick has secured a $1 million book deal with Random House imprint One World.

It’s a logical fit for Kaepernick and the kind of book he’s likely to write. One World, begun last year by Chris Jackson, has also published the works of well-known leftist radical Ta-Nehesi Coates, and Kaepernick supporter Jay-Z.

Kaepernick, who began the NFL’s current movement of anthem protests in the preseason of 2016, will likely focus much of his book on that movement. Given that the wildly unpopular movement he launched has, in large part, kept him from landing a job with another team. The money earned from this book will help soften the financial blow , his political protests have cost him.

Though, given how recent these events are, and how extensively they’ve already been covered. One wonders just how many people will feel the need to buy the book. Even though it’s written from Kaepernick’s unique perspective.

In any event, I guess we now know why the original anthem protester has remained silent while the national debate about him and his protests has consumed the American sports, and political world.

Kaepernick wants you to buy the book.

I bet that Doggie has this on his Christmas wish list. ;-)

If he's finish Hilary's book by then... :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

"Dreams from My Mother or How I Lost My White Privlige"

by Colin Kaeperdick

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:47 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4228
He'll probably donate the money to BLM. 8-)

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:54 pm 
Sergeant Major

Lava wrote:
He'll probably donate the money to BLM. 8-)

I have seen a news article that said some are urging Kaepernick to become the head of BLM (at the present time I believe BLM consists of local BLM groups and has no formal national organization to it).

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next