maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: What The Fuck Is Wrong With You Germany?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:08 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13177
Would be funny if the yourOhs threw the krauts out of the eeeee yeeew ... for buildin' nukes ... :lol:

I'm have a hard time not liking that idea !!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:41 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7152
2% is not going to make Germany a super power sufficient to threaten Europe as a whole.

American, I believe, spends around 60% of the entire NATO budget. That is unsat.

And that figure doesn't take into account all the money the US spends on it's Navy to maintain freedom of the seas. Freedom of the seas is a big deal. It guarantees the safety of European imports and exports.

The fact of the matter is that Europe have become a bunch of free loaders who simply take American power for granted. But from an American stand point, our power cannot be taken for granted especially because we have run it into the ground... helping the entire world.

The Europeans may feel threatened by Germany spending more money, but that is because they have been fed bullshit that Germany will start up the 4th Reich if they are not bound into a single entity (the EU), which funny enough is the greatest beneficiary of the EU and the Euro.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:43 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7152
Angela Merkel:

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:57 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 4670
Lava wrote:
2% is not going to make Germany a super power sufficient to threaten Europe as a whole.

2% would not make Germany a super power (of which there is only one at present), no. Just partially replacing the US will be much more expensive and take plenty of time - I'm guessing whoever takes over after Trump will need to keep up Trump's direction as the Germans seem to favour military co-operation, mixed national commands etc. They would have to throw that out the window, and themselves take the lead...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:13 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Lava wrote:
...our power cannot be taken for granted...

This seems to be what Merkel says. With the American exit from Europe something else will come along. I'm hoping for western values etc in the end, but I think China and Russia will have initial momentum. And they will be short on western values.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:22 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Lava wrote:
Freedom of the seas is a big deal. It guarantees the safety of European imports and exports.

With production returning to the United States there will be room for reducing the USN as I'm told the US internal market is big enough and the need to keep sea lanes open become less important.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:25 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
wulfir wrote:
Lava wrote:
Freedom of the seas is a big deal. It guarantees the safety of European imports and exports.

With production returning to the United States there will be room for reducing the USN as I'm told the US internal market is big enough and the need to keep sea lanes open become less important.

But we will need to pay more than 2.99 for a string of 100 LED Christmas bulbs.
I

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:06 am 
Staff Sergeant

jack t ripper wrote:
...more than 2.99 for a string of 100 LED Christmas bulbs.

You'll get over it, I'm sure. ;)

Besides - at least it won't read Made in China or Made in Mexico on the product. Gotta' count for something...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:28 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17050
jack t ripper wrote:
But we will need to pay more than 2.99 for a string of 100 LED Christmas bulbs.
I

With American taxation and salaries that must be awful.

Just saying, at 50k/year the tax man gets 1,25€ for every 1€ the worker gets in Finland, the country with ~55% of GDP going to public sector. Those committees don't run themselves, such as the Institution for Overseeing People Don't Spend Too Much Time At Summer Cottages and the Institution that manages the previously mentioned.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:44 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15175
wulfir wrote:
Lava wrote:
...our power cannot be taken for granted...

This seems to be what Merkel says. With the American exit from Europe something else will come along. I'm hoping for western values etc in the end, but I think China and Russia will have initial momentum. And they will be short on western values.

The European Union seems to be short on western values.

Well, assuming you mean Anglospheric ones, you know, liberty and all that. Germany only really embraced that sort of thing at the point of a gun.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next