It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Austria elects a "far right" president
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:39 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15634
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/867 ... ude-junker

Quote:
Juncker calls the shots: Jean-Claude orders new Austrian leader to form PRO-EU government

BRUSSELS boss Jean-Claude Juncker has told new Austrian election winner Sebastian Kurz he must form a “pro-European government”.

By SIMON OSBORNE
PUBLISHED: 08:54, Tue, Oct 17, 2017 | UPDATED: 10:59, Tue, Oct 17, 2017

The success of the 31-year-old, who is poised to become the continent’s youngest leader, has been tentatively welcomed by the European Union’s leading figures.

But they have warned “Wunderwuzzi” (boy wonder) against forming a coalition with the far-right.

Mr Kurz, whose Austrian People’s Party topped the polls after promising a tough line on immigration, is still weighing up a coalition with the country’s far-right Freedom Party (FPO).

In a letter of congratulations, Mr Juncker wished him success in forming a “stable, pro-European government”.

But the European Commission president also warned Mr Kurz about attaching himself to the Eurosceptic party founded by former Nazis.

He has made no secret of his contempt for the FPO in the past. In an interview with Le Monde in 2016 he said: "I do not like them. With these right-wing populists it is neither possible to debate nor having a dialogue.”

Mr Juncker has stopped short of pressing Mr Kurz to shun the FPO, as EU leaders did when Chancellor Wolfgang Schuessel formed a coalition with the party then led by Joerg Haider in 2000.

But he said he was looking forward to the creation of an EU-supporting government with the leader-in-waiting.

In his letter to Mr Kurz, Mr Juncker wrote: “I would like to warmly congratulate you on your party winning the most votes during the Austrian parliamentary election.

“There will now be challenges Austria and you, yourself will have to face.

“Soon, Austria will play an outstanding role being the presidency of the council of the European Union.

“Under Austria's responsibility a number of important decisions regarding the European Union will have to be made.

“Therefore I wish you great success building a stabile and pro-European Government and I look forward to working together in the future.”

Mr Kurz has promised a “new political culture” but has yet to reveal what shape he wants his new government to take amid intense closed-door negotiations.

He has described himself as pro-Brussels and even described last Sunday’s election result as a “clear victory for the European Union”.

But despite the pro-EU pledge, he has previously spoken about joining forces with the FPO, which would see Austria join Poland and Hungary as EU countries with openly anti-immigrant governments standing in defiance EU freedom of movement police.

And Mr Kurz claimed the credit for closing the Balkan migrant trail in 2016 that saw hundreds of thousands of refugees trek into western Europe.

Mr Kurz, who was appointed as a minister at the age of 27, made immigration his priority, which could put him at odds with the EU.

Austria has had almost 150,000 asylum claims since 2015 making it one of Europe’s highest recipients of migrants per person.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel said she was not dramatically concerned about key differences with the youthful leader as she also offered her congratulations.

But she described the Freedom Party’s electoral success a big challenge for Austria amid wider concerns prompted by electoral successes of right-wing nationalists in Germany.

I wonder how Kurz who promised a “new political culture”, feels about the idea of forming a pro-European Government?

I'm no expert of Euro politics, but from past incidents that I have read about, Herr Juncker seems to have the gift of pissing off those around him.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:06 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 14050
chijohnaok wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:

:lol:

It amazes me how so many journalists mention or allude to "nationalism", alone, as something horrible.

Only proves that those journos are globalist stooges who don't think their politicians should give their own countrymen prioritized consideration over foreigners. Why would you bother electing representatives in your gov't if they don't represent their own citizens' interests?

Electing globalist politicians isn't in the interest of most people. Yet many have been programmed to believe they should support it, to their own detriment. :roll:

The Honorable Senator from Arizona seems to take issue with your views on nationalism:

Quote:
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) blasted “half-baked, spurious nationalism” in the United States in an emotional speech Monday night after receiving the National Constitution Center’s Liberty Medal.

“To fear the world we have organized and led for three-quarters of a century, to abandon the ideals we have advanced around the globe, to refuse the obligations of international leadership and our duty to remain 'the last best hope of earth' for the sake of some half-baked, spurious nationalism cooked up by people who would rather find scapegoats than solve problems is as unpatriotic as an attachment to any other tired dogma of the past that Americans consigned to the ash heap of history,” McCain said in the speech.

The Arizona senator said “we live in a land made of ideals, not blood and soil” and said Americans “are the custodians of those ideals at home, and their champion abroad.”

“We have done great good in the world. That leadership has had its costs, but we have become incomparably powerful and wealthy as we did,” McCain said.

“We have a moral obligation to continue in our just cause, and we would bring more than shame on ourselves if we don’t. We will not thrive in a world where our leadership and ideals are absent.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3557 ... nal-speech

Did you hear that Neff? You're half baked. :lol:

McCain says, "we have a moral obligation" to be Globalists? Fuck him.

He's a perfect example of why Republican voters are slowly flipping the GOP to Libertarian ideals. The neo-con RINO globalists, such as McCain, are selling out their countrymen in favor of foreign interests. Almost as much as the Democrats. They're a slowly perishing breed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16056
In his defense he was tortured by the North Vietnamese and does have a brain tumor.....still....it sure seems like he is personally trying to get revenge on Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:29 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 14050
jack t ripper wrote:
In his defense he was tortured by the North Vietnamese and does have a brain tumor.....still....it sure seems like he is personally trying to get revenge on Trump

Oh, the Neo-con butthurt is definitely real.

McCain is the lead butt plug.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:31 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2651
I am just curious how you are supporting the neo-nazism rising around.

You want another crusade? :roll:

Sounds very stupid.

The arabs in ME are not the problem, the black Africa is the big one. There will be a black wave of hundreds of south of sahara africans coming to the North.

That is the real problem, and bigoted, racist nationalism does not help. Well, not talking.

So there are two options:

1) Start a massive depopulation with armed forces.
2) Help them not reproduce over their means. This means support the women, support economy, and especially support education. So people have no reason to migrate. And get the carbon budget in balance.

I prefer the 2nd option. ;)

I will be cheaper, much cheaper.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail