maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: Erdogan Leads Turkey to the Precipice
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:32 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 6238
When the Turks fuck up and kill an American soldier, I pray we completely destroy any and all Turkish forces inside Syria in response. Every last one of them.

And if that fuck head running Turkey cry's about it, we begin helping the Kurds "liberate" Turkey from another Islamo fuck.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1862
2ndAcr wrote:
When the Turks fuck up and kill an American soldier, I pray we completely destroy any and all Turkish forces inside Syria in response. Every last one of them.

And if that fuck head running Turkey cry's about it, we begin helping the Kurds "liberate" Turkey from another Islamo fuck.

Virtual Image.

Out of ammo. :?

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:59 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2702
Quote:
Syria war: Turkish-led forces oust Kurdish fighters from heart of Afrin
Mohammad al-Hamadeen, spokesman for the Turkish-backed Free Syrian Army (FSA), said they met no resistance as they entered Afrin on three fronts.

"Maybe it will be cleared by the end of the day - it is empty of [YPG] fighters, they cleared out," he said.

Turkish military spokesman Bekir Bozdag said the campaign would continue until the area around Afrin was secure.

He said the YPG's "terrorism corridor" in Afrin was over.

However, in a televised statement, the co-chair of the Afrin executive council, Othman Sheikh Issa, said the war against Turkey had entered "a new stage".

Kurdish forces remained in the region and would "strike the positions of the Turkish enemy and its mercenaries at every opportunity", he said.

more:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-43447624

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:27 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Scharfschütze wrote:
Quote:
Syria war: Turkish-led forces oust Kurdish fighters from heart of Afrin
Mohammad al-Hamadeen, spokesman for the Turkish-backed Free Syrian Army (FSA), said they met no resistance as they entered Afrin on three fronts.

"Maybe it will be cleared by the end of the day - it is empty of [YPG] fighters, they cleared out," he said.

Turkish military spokesman Bekir Bozdag said the campaign would continue until the area around Afrin was secure.

He said the YPG's "terrorism corridor" in Afrin was over.

However, in a televised statement, the co-chair of the Afrin executive council, Othman Sheikh Issa, said the war against Turkey had entered "a new stage".

Kurdish forces remained in the region and would "strike the positions of the Turkish enemy and its mercenaries at every opportunity", he said.

more:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-43447624

From that article:

Quote:
The question now is whether Turkey pushes on to other YPG-held areas, namely Manbij, which could put Turkish troops in direct conflict with US soldiers there who see the YPG as allies.

I have no idea where US soldiers/advisors are posted at, but if the Turkish military/Turkish backed forces push into an area with US troops/advisors who support YPG, there will be a conflict.

As 2ndAcr pointed out earlier "When the Turks fuck up and kill an American soldier, I pray we completely destroy any and all Turkish forces inside Syria in response. Every last one of them"; and I totally agree with him.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:30 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
chijohnaok wrote:

I have no idea where US soldiers/advisors are posted at, but if the Turkish military/Turkish backed forces push into an area with US troops/advisors who support YPG, there will be a conflict.

As 2ndAcr pointed out earlier "When the Turks fuck up and kill an American soldier, I pray we completely destroy any and all Turkish forces inside Syria in response. Every last one of them"; and I totally agree with him.

Yep.

Already got no sympathy for the increasingly Islamist Turkish leadership, and I think they're a detriment to the NATO alliance.

If they even attack a location with American soldiers present, then we should give them the same treatment the Russkies recently got.

I also hope we have enough power there to give them hell if they decide to press the issue afterward, too. That worthless fucking "ally" seems to be more closely allied with Russia than us.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

NefariousKoel wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

Yep.

Already got no sympathy for the increasingly Islamist Turkish leadership, and I think they're a detriment to the NATO alliance.

If they even attack a location with American soldiers present, then we should give them the same treatment the Russkies recently got.

I also hope we have enough power there to give them hell if they decide to press the issue afterward, too. That worthless fucking "ally" seems to be more closely allied with Russia than us.

Potential problem:

Where are the US planes that provide ground support stationed at?
If at Incerlik then we have a problem.

From looking at a map Incirlik is relatively close by to Northern Syria.
Baghdad is at least 3 times further away (and to be honest with you I don't know if the US even has any air assets still stationed inside Iraq. The air base in Qatar that the US works out of looks to be at least 2 to 2 1/2 times as far from the Syrian area as Baghdad is.

I crafted and marked up this map:

Attachment:
map turkey syria.jpg
map turkey syria.jpg [ 120.23 KiB | Viewed 333 times ]

The X is approximately the target area.

I had to approximate where Incirlik is at it was not displayed on this map.

And you can see where Baghdad and Qatar are.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Last edited by chijohnaok on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

Any attack on an American position will be met with every artillery tube within range and B-1 and FB attacks. Just once again I would like to see the B-52's lined up wingtip to wingtip dropping unguided gravity bombs in unison. You could have chase planes taking video in IMAX, super-slow motion of the bombs tumbling out of the bomb bay and off the wing pylons and even video cameras on some of the bombs. :lol: Tom Petty's "I won't back down" as the soundtrack.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

The flight distance between Incirlik to Afrin (where actions just concluded at about 80 miles).

Afrin to Baghdad is about 473 miles.

Afrin to Qatar is about 1340 miles.

Per Wikipedia the normal combat range for an F-16 is about 340 miles (of course without aerial refueling).

Combat range for an A-10 is about 250 miles.

Combat radius for a B-52 is about 4480 miles.

So if you have to fly from somewhere other than Incirlik you are talking about very long distances, reduced missions per day per plane, and I would imagine alot of exhaustion/stress on the pilots.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:16 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 6238
Last time I checked we have these things called Carriers. Slap 3-4 in the Eastern Med off Lebanon or even Syria itself.

Since every, I can think of, US military combat plane does aerial refueling, range is not much of an issue. We could always blow up Incirlik, with a nuke from our "stockpile" there, as we leave if hostilities began and shift to Israel. LOL

Basically what we are doing is standing around, holding our dicks while another Islamo fuck country fucks over one of the only stand fast allies we have had in that region since Desert Storm, the Kurds. We should have told Turkey flat out "any hostile action against ANY Kurdish force would be met with everything in the US arsenal" from the first threat they spewed.

Fuck Turkey. I fully support helping the Kurds "liberate" southern Turkey as their new nation.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:33 am 
Sergeant Major

2ndAcr wrote:
Last time I checked we have these things called Carriers. Slap 3-4 in the Eastern Med off Lebanon or even Syria itself.

Since every, I can think of, US military combat plane does aerial refueling, range is not much of an issue. We could always blow up Incirlik, with a nuke from our "stockpile" there, as we leave if hostilities began and shift to Israel. LOL

Yes, we do have aerial refueling...I did allude to that.

The longer mission distances though are going to fatigue pilots and also reduce the # of sorties that a plane can do per day (since it will take longer to fly from base to target and back).

Agreed about carriers. We can always move a couple carriers off shore in the Med.
I am no expert but I suspect that the A-10 pilots & planes provide better ground support than that of F-18 Hornets would.

Even if the A-10 and F-18 CAS support capability were comparable (I don't know how they stack up against each other), A-10 pilots are dedicated CAS pilots, while F-18 pilots probably do not have the same amount of time and training with CAS.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 36  Next