maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: Erdogan Leads Turkey to the Precipice
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:00 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18831
Bit more of that kind of thing. ;)

Maybe the Taliban dressing up little boys in girls clothes...

"The Quran forbids sex before marriage...except with little boys"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11789
jack t ripper wrote:
Bit more of that kind of thing. ;)

Maybe the Taliban dressing up little boys in girls clothes...

"The Quran forbids sex before marriage...except with little boys"

Yup. We all have a part to play.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:55 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2452
Quote:
Sudan: Stumbling Along

Sudan recently announced that it will give Turkey a lease on land on Suakin Island in the Red Sea. Suakin is about 60 kilometers south of Port Sudan. The deal will pay Sudan about $650 million. Turkey says it wants to build a dock on the island capable of handling civilian and military ships. It also wants to rebuild part of the old Ottoman city on the island as part of an economic development project. Suakin does have some Ottoman-era archeological sites, which Turkish officials say they want to restore. The implication is the restored "old town" would be a tourist attraction. It would also be a transfer point for Muslim pilgrims going to Mecca. Egypt opposes the lease and so does Saudi Arabia. Egypt and Saudi Arabia contend Turkey is acquiring a naval base.

more at:
https://strategypage.com/qnd/sudan/arti ... 80123.aspx

Look the place up on google maps, it just slightly to the south off and across the Red Sea from Jeddah, the port close to Mecca.

Quote:

Israel Orders Deportation of Turkish Nationals Arrested During Jerusalem Protests

Three were arrested on Friday during anti-Trump protests near the Temple Mount, and were released the next day despite a police request to extend their detention

A photograph circulated on social media showed them among a group of fez-wearing men and boys outside Al-Aqsa. One is seen wearing a Turkish flag T-shirt and waving a Palestinian flag, while two hold up pictures of Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/isr ... -1.5629622

Erdogan´s boys playing defenders of the Umma

I looked up the story after reading this article on the Frankfurter Allgemeine:
http://www.faz.net/aktuell/feuilleton/d ... 23299.html

which says Erdogans AKP party and it´s various associations having been campaigning for Jerusalem and the Al-Aqsa mosque onTemple Mount as a worthy pilgrimage destination, with some of those pilgrims stirring up trouble there, many bringing Turkish flags and displaying them ... well a lot. ;)

Also mentioned are AKP rallies where there is much jihadist-sounding rhetoric about the need to defend the Al-Aqsa, and the terror and oppression inflicted by the evil occupiers on the "Palestinians".
It´s three pages in the original German and has decent detail. Wonder how long the Israelis will take this.

Anyway, someone seems to think the Ottoman Empire was a great idea.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17794
I guess the Turks didn't get enough when 10 Turks (1 US Citizen/ethnic Turk and 9 full turkeys) were killed trying to break the Israeli blockade of Gaza
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza_flotilla_raid#Deaths

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:43 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 16124
Quote:
Israel Orders Deportation of Turkish Nationals Arrested During Jerusalem Protests

Removing kebab. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:04 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 8157
It is easy to see who is the good side and who is the bad side in that invasion of Syria by Turkey.

Turkey accused of recruiting ex-Isis fighters in their thousands to attack Kurds in Syria

Quote:
Turkey is recruiting and retraining Isis fighters to lead its invasion of the Kurdish enclave of Afrin in northern Syria, according to an ex-Isis source.

“Most of those who are fighting in Afrin against the YPG [People’s Protection Units] are Isis, though Turkey has trained them to change their assault tactics,” said Faraj, a former Isis fighter from north-east Syria who remains in close touch with the jihadi movement.

.../...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:06 pm 
Sergeant Major

LaPalice wrote:
It is easy to see who is the good side and who is the bad side in that invasion of Syria by Turkey.

Turkey accused of recruiting ex-Isis fighters in their thousands to attack Kurds in Syria

Quote:
Turkey is recruiting and retraining Isis fighters to lead its invasion of the Kurdish enclave of Afrin in northern Syria, according to an ex-Isis source.

“Most of those who are fighting in Afrin against the YPG [People’s Protection Units] are Isis, though Turkey has trained them to change their assault tactics,” said Faraj, a former Isis fighter from north-east Syria who remains in close touch with the jihadi movement.

.../...

What!? You have to be kidding me. Nice "ally". Next time idiot on our side describes Turkey as an ally he should lose his pension eligibility.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:26 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 8157
jack t ripper wrote:
LaPalice wrote:

.../...

What!? You have to be kidding me. Nice "ally". Next time idiot on our side describes Turkey as an ally he should lose his pension eligibility.

Well, it is the Independent. It seems to me to be a reliable source. It is the internet version of the Guardian, a liberal media. It is considered as serious as any other MSM.

Otherwise, that makes remember me the sentence about France in 2003: with allies like that, who needs enemies? ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17794
Erdogan and and his party are a bunch of Islamists. ISIS is Islamist.

Birds of a feather........

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next