maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Smell Obama's fingers; he's Muslim.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15384
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/20/us/ahmed-mohamed-qatar/

Quote:
'Clock boy' Ahmed Mohamed is moving to Qatar

Dana Ford-Profile-Image
By Dana Ford, CNN
Updated 11:26 PM ET, Tue October 20, 2015

(CNN)A Texas teenager who gained national attention after he was arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school is moving to Qatar with his family to continue his education.

Ahmed Mohamed has accepted a scholarship from Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development, or QF, his family said.

They thanked all the people and places that reached out in support after the "unfortunate incident of Ahmed's arrest." The family visited QF this month.

"Qatar was a cool place to visit. I loved the city of Doha because it's so modern. I saw so many amazing schools there, many of them campuses of famous American universities. The teachers were great. I think I will learn a lot and have fun, too," Ahmed said in the statement.

In the hours after his arrest last month, #IStandWithAhmed was trending worldwide on Twitter, with critics alleging that Ahmed, 14, was the victim of religious profiling. He is Muslim.

In an interview with MSNBC's Chris Hayes, Ahmed said he was pulled out of class at MacArthur High School by his principal and five police officers and taken to a room where he was questioned for about an hour and a half.

He said he asked the adults if he could call his parents.

"They told me 'No, you can't call your parents,'" Ahmed said. "'You're in the middle of an interrogation at the moment.' They asked me a couple of times, 'Is it a bomb?' and I answered a couple of times, 'It's a clock.'"

"I felt like I was a criminal," the teenager said. "I felt like I was a terrorist. I felt like all the names I was called."

CNN's Aaron Cooper, Ashley Fantz and Laura Koran contributed to this report.

OK. I wonder if he will be taking his "clock" in his carry on bag on the plane trip to Qatar?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:52 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6383
At least, Qatar accept a family of refugees, even if they are not from Syria ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15682
LaPalice wrote:
At least, Qatar accept a family of refugees, even if they are not from Syria ;)

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:36 am 
Sergeant Major

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html

Quote:
Family of 'clock kid' Ahmed Mohamed seeks $15 million

By Tribune wire reportsContact Reporter

Attorneys for a 14-year-old Muslim boy arrested after the homemade clock he took to his Dallas-area school was mistaken for a possible bomb said Monday he was publicly mistreated and deserves $15 million.

A law firm representing Ahmed Mohamed sent letters Monday demanding $10 million from the city of Irving and $5 million from the Irving Independent School District. The letters also threaten lawsuits and seek written apologies.

Ahmed took his clock to school in September, and an educator thought it could be a bomb. Ahmed was arrested but never charged. He was suspended from school.

"What has happened to this family is inexcusable," Kelly Hollingsworth, an attorney for Ahmed and his family, said in an email. "As indicated in the letters, the long term effects on Ahmed are incalculable."

Meribeth Sloan, a spokeswoman for Irving said the city is reviewing its letter and has no comment. The district didn't immediately return a message Monday.

The family accepted a foundation's offer to pay for Ahmed's education in Qatar and moved to the Persian Gulf country. He had visited Qatar during a whirlwind several weeks following the incident that even included a stop at the White House.

Hollingsworth said Ahmed and his younger siblings have found schools in Qatar, but his older sisters, who are 17 and 18, have not.

"Ahmed is very gratified by all of the support that he has received, but just like his siblings and his parents, he misses Texas. It is his home," Hollingsworth said.

Associated Press

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:22 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 7360
The lawyers for that fake bomb building little shit are from my hometown. Apparently they couldn't find anyone inside of 300 miles who would take the case. Needless to say that the response last night on Facebook when the news came up was, shall we say, less then encouraging.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

I'd say 5:1 the whole thing was a set-up. I'm not sure if the kid cooked it up or his dad.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

chijohnaok wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-clock-kid-ahmed-mohamed-20151123-story.html

Quote:
Family of 'clock kid' Ahmed Mohamed seeks $15 million

By Tribune wire reportsContact Reporter

Attorneys for a 14-year-old Muslim boy arrested after the homemade clock he took to his Dallas-area school was mistaken for a possible bomb said Monday he was publicly mistreated and deserves $15 million.

A law firm representing Ahmed Mohamed sent letters Monday demanding $10 million from the city of Irving and $5 million from the Irving Independent School District. The letters also threaten lawsuits and seek written apologies.

Ahmed took his clock to school in September, and an educator thought it could be a bomb. Ahmed was arrested but never charged. He was suspended from school.

"What has happened to this family is inexcusable," Kelly Hollingsworth, an attorney for Ahmed and his family, said in an email. "As indicated in the letters, the long term effects on Ahmed are incalculable."

Meribeth Sloan, a spokeswoman for Irving said the city is reviewing its letter and has no comment. The district didn't immediately return a message Monday.

The family accepted a foundation's offer to pay for Ahmed's education in Qatar and moved to the Persian Gulf country. He had visited Qatar during a whirlwind several weeks following the incident that even included a stop at the White House.

Hollingsworth said Ahmed and his younger siblings have found schools in Qatar, but his older sisters, who are 17 and 18, have not.

"Ahmed is very gratified by all of the support that he has received, but just like his siblings and his parents, he misses Texas. It is his home," Hollingsworth said.

Associated Press

An update to Clock Boy's lawsuit:

Quote:
https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/01/10 ... dismissed/

'Clock Boy' Loses in Court, Father's Defamation Lawsuit Dismissed

BY DEBRA HEINE JANUARY 10, 2017

A district court judge in Texas has dismissed a defamation lawsuit filed by Ahmed Mohamed on his own behalf and on behalf of his 15-year-old son, Ahmed Mohamed. They had sued Fox News, Glenn Beck, and the mayor of Irving -- among others -- for defamation in September of 2016.

A year earlier, Ahmed, then a 14-year-old freshman at an Irving, Texas, high school, was arrested, briefly detained by police, and suspended for three days after bringing to school a "cool clock" that looked like a briefcase bomb. Ahmed claimed to have "invented" the easily assembled clock, and that he had brought it to school to show it to his shop teacher.

The incident led many to question the Mohamed family's motives. Newly appointed District Court Judge Maricela Moore dismissed the lawsuit following a nearly three-hour hearing on Monday, according to the American Freedom Law Center:

The motion to dismiss was filed by lawyers from the American Freedom Law Center (“AFLC”) and local counsel Pete Rowe on behalf of the Center for Security Policy (“CSP”) and Jim Hanson, two of the defendants in the defamation case, which also named as defendants the local Fox affiliate, Glenn Beck, and Beck’s production company.

Mohamed had sued Hanson and CSP for statements Hanson had made on Beck’s program about the connection between the Clock Boy hoax bomb affair, the attendant media frenzy created in large part by his father Mohamed, civilization jihad, and the Counsel on American-Islamic Relations (“CAIR”), the Muslim Brotherhood-Hamas front group in the United States that promotes civilization jihad.

During the hearing, AFLC co-founder and senior counsel David Yerushalmi explained to Judge Moore that the purpose of the lawfare-driven lawsuit was to intimidate into silence those who might comment publicly on the connection between jihad, terrorism, sharia, and Islam. As such, Yerushalmi argued, "this case is a classic Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation or ‘SLAPP’ case and should be dismissed.”

During the lengthy hearing, Judge Moore pressed Mohamed’s lawyer, Fort Worth attorney Susan Hutchison, to provide any facts that would suggest that Hanson and the other defendants had said anything false or defamatory about Mohamed or his son during the television broadcasts. After spending a painfully embarrassing 15 minutes flipping through reams of paper, Mohamed’s lawyer was unable to provide any such evidence.

At the conclusion of the hearing, Judge Moore said that she would rule by the end of the day. On Tuesday, the court published Judge Moore’s ruling dismissing the lawsuit against Hanson and CSP with prejudice.

Upon leaving the courtroom, Yerushalmi made the following statement:

“This lawsuit filed by Clock Boy’s father is yet another example of Islamist lawfare, which is a component of the Muslim Brotherhood’s civilization jihad.”
Yerushalmi further explained that the purpose of such lawsuits, formally labelled Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation (“SLAPP”), is to intimidate into silence those who might comment publicly on the connection between jihad, terrorism, sharia, and Islam.

Yerushalmi added:

The Islamists employ the progressive mainstream media to label any public criticism of a sharia-centric, jihad-driven Islam as "Islamophobic," and they add fear and financial ruin to the equation by utilizing the legal system to file SLAPP actions.

Now that the lawsuit has been dismissed, the AFLC is petitioning the court for lawyer fees and sanctions against Clock Boy's dad.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
“This lawsuit filed by Clock Boy’s father is yet another example of Islamist lawfare, which is a component of the Muslim Brotherhood’s civilization jihad.”
Yerushalmi further explained that the purpose of such lawsuits, formally labelled Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation (“SLAPP”), is to intimidate into silence those who might comment publicly on the connection between jihad, terrorism, sharia, and Islam.

jeez, don't ell me that is in the Quran too?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:46 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 1905
Smell Trump's fingers; he's Russian

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:49 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10165
Quote:
Officials say the Obama administration in its waning hours defied Republican opposition and quietly released $221 million to the Palestinian Authority that GOP members of Congress had been blocking.

A State Department official and several congressional aides said the outgoing administration formally notified Congress it would spend the money Friday morning. The official said former Secretary of State John Kerry had informed some lawmakers of the move shortly before he left the State Department for the last time Thursday. The aides said written notification dated Jan. 20 was sent to Congress just hours before Donald Trump took the oath of office.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2017/01/23/us/politics/ap-us-united-states-palestinians.html

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next