maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 612 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter Movement
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Notice how the CNN story is about how Facebook screwed up. :lol:

It's a wonderful feel good story. Leftys lost some of their scant money they might have spent on hemp or "Save the Whales" stickers....and the money didn't go to a Leftist cause. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:27 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1IP31F

Quote:
MAY 24, 2018 / 1:05 PM / UPDATED AN HOUR AGO

Trump pardons late black boxing champion Jack Johnson

Reuters Staff

2 MIN READ

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday issued a posthumous pardon to boxer Jack Johnson, the first African-American heavyweight champion, who was jailed a century ago due to his relationship with a white woman.

“I believe Jack Johnson is a worthy person to receive a pardon, to correct a wrong in our history,” Trump said.

In a case that came to symbolize racial injustice, Johnson was arrested in 1912 with Lucille Cameron, who later became his wife, for violating the Mann Act. The law was passed two years earlier and made it a crime to take a woman across state lines for immoral purposes.

Johnson died in 1946.

In signing the pardon, the president cited “tremendous racial tension” during the time Johnson was champion. “He really represented something that was both very beautiful and very terrible at the same time,” Trump said.

Actor Sylvester Stallone, famous as the star of the “Rocky” boxing-movie franchise, and former world heavyweight boxing champion Lennox Lewis flanked Trump for the pardon in the Oval Office. In April, Trump tweeted that he was considering the pardon after talking to Stallone.

Earlier on Thursday, Stallone posted a photo of himself at the White House on Instagram with the caption “Waiting for the moment to go into the oval office for the pardon...”

In the Oval Office, Trump said of Stallone: “I love his movies.”

“This has been a long time coming,” Stallone said, adding that Johnson served as the inspiration for the character of Apollo Creed in the Rocky movies.

Reporting by Susan Heavey and James Oliphant; writing by Lisa Lambert; editing by Cynthia Osterman and Tom Brown

Several photos at above linked article.

Jack Johnson could have been pardoned by the first "black" president (Bill Clinton).
He could have been pardoned by President Obama.

But neither of them did it.

Trump did.

So now the question is: "How can the left/SJWs/BLM spin this to make out that Trump is a racist?"

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16336
chijohnaok wrote:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-pardon/trump-pardons-late-boxer-jack-johnson-idUSKCN1IP31F

Quote:

Reuters Staff

2 MIN READ

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday issued a posthumous pardon to boxer Jack Johnson, the first African-American heavyweight champion, who was jailed a century ago due to his relationship with a white woman.

“I believe Jack Johnson is a worthy person to receive a pardon, to correct a wrong in our history,” Trump said.

In a case that came to symbolize racial injustice, Johnson was arrested in 1912 with Lucille Cameron, who later became his wife, for violating the Mann Act. The law was passed two years earlier and made it a crime to take a woman across state lines for immoral purposes.

Johnson died in 1946.

In signing the pardon, the president cited “tremendous racial tension” during the time Johnson was champion. “He really represented something that was both very beautiful and very terrible at the same time,” Trump said.

Actor Sylvester Stallone, famous as the star of the “Rocky” boxing-movie franchise, and former world heavyweight boxing champion Lennox Lewis flanked Trump for the pardon in the Oval Office. In April, Trump tweeted that he was considering the pardon after talking to Stallone.

Earlier on Thursday, Stallone posted a photo of himself at the White House on Instagram with the caption “Waiting for the moment to go into the oval office for the pardon...”

In the Oval Office, Trump said of Stallone: “I love his movies.”

“This has been a long time coming,” Stallone said, adding that Johnson served as the inspiration for the character of Apollo Creed in the Rocky movies.

Reporting by Susan Heavey and James Oliphant; writing by Lisa Lambert; editing by Cynthia Osterman and Tom Brown

Several photos at above linked article.

Jack Johnson could have been pardoned by the first "black" president (Bill Clinton).
He could have been pardoned by President Obama.

But neither of them did it.

Trump did.

So now the question is: "How can the left/SJWs/BLM spin this to make out that Trump is a racist?"

The dude is long dead, so they can spin it as: "If Trump REALLY cared about racial injustice he'd pardon all the gangbangers, rapists, arsonist, murderers, and child molester Negroes who are in jail RIGHT NOW! All 745,000 of them!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:19 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
chijohnaok wrote:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-pardon/trump-pardons-late-boxer-jack-johnson-idUSKCN1IP31F

Quote:

If they can't spin bad stuff about POTUS, I've noticed they quickly rush it into a dark corner you can't find unless you actively search for it, or don't mention it at all.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:55 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Jack Johnson was one of the best defensive boxers of all time, he delighted in toying with his opponents and didn't give a fuck about the social conventions of the time. A true deplorable. ;)

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18507
Quote:
Actor Sylvester Stallone, famous as the star of the “Rocky” boxing-movie franchise, and former world heavyweight boxing champion Lennox Lewis flanked Trump for the pardon in the Oval Office.

That is cool. Not reported here at all. First time I heard of it.

Observe:

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Last edited by C_S on Thu May 24, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:04 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8996
Took long enough. Good for Trump. One more thing he set right.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:54 pm 
Sergeant Major

I saw this posted at Ace of Spades HQ:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16336
Plantation Lives Matter

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:30 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Attachment:
1527779107217.png
1527779107217.png [ 819.15 KiB | Viewed 329 times ]

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status ... 1982683136

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 612 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next