maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter Movement
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:51 pm 
Offline
First Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:16 am
Posts: 7590
Location: The Cockney Paradise
Reputation points: 20000
BLM students shut down a speech on the First Amendment claiming that Liberalism is white supremacy....

Quote:
Students affiliated with the Black Lives Matter movement crashed an event at the College of William & Mary, rushed the stage, and prevented the invited guest—the American Civil Liberties Union's Claire Gastañaga, a W & M alum—from speaking.

Ironically, Gastañaga had intended to speak on the subject, "Students and the First Amendment."

The disruption was livestreamed on BLM at W&M's Facebook page. Students took to the stage just a few moments after Gastañaga began her remarks. At first, she attempted to spin the demonstration as a welcome example of the kind of thing she had come to campus to discuss, commenting "Good, I like this," as they lined up and raised their signs. "I'm going to talk to you about knowing your rights, and protests and demonstrations, which this illustrates very well. Then I'm going to respond to questions from the moderators, and then questions from the audience."

It was the last remark she was able to make before protesters drowned her out with cries of, "ACLU, you protect Hitler, too." They also chanted, "the oppressed are not impressed," "shame, shame, shame, shame," (an ode to the Faith Militant's treatment of Cersei Lannister in Game of Thrones, though why anyone would want to be associated with the religious fanatics in that particular conflict is beyond me), "blood on your hands," "the revolution will not uphold the Constitution," and, uh, "liberalism is white supremacy."

This went on for nearly 20 minutes. Eventually, according to the campus's Flat Hat News, one of the college's co-organizers of the event handed a microphone to the protest's leader, who delivered a prepared statement. The disruption was apparently payback for the ACLU's principled First Amendment defense of the Charlottesville alt-right's civil liberties.

Organizers then canceled the event; some members of the audience approached the podium in an attempt to speak with Gastañaga, but the protesters would not permit it. They surrounded Gastañaga, raised their voices even louder, and drove everybody else away.

The college released what can only be described as an incredibly tepid statement:

William & Mary has a powerful commitment to the free play of ideas. We have a campus where respectful dialogue, especially in disagreement, is encouraged so that we can listen and learn from views that differ from our own, so that we can freely express our own views, and so that debate can occur. Unfortunately, that type of exchange was unable to take place Wednesday night when an event to discuss a very important matter – the meaning of the First Amendment — could not be held as planned. …

Silencing certain voices in order to advance the cause of others is not acceptable in our community. This stifles debate and prevents those who've come to hear a speaker, our students in particular, from asking questions, often hard questions, and from engaging in debate where the strength of ideas, not the power of shouting, is the currency. William & Mary must be a campus that welcomes difficult conversations, honest debate and civil dialogue.

Absent a promise to identify the perpetrators and make sure this never happens again, the college's statement is meaningless. If officials are just going to stand by while students make it impossible to even have a conversation about free speech on campus, the matter is already settled: there is no free speech at William & Mary.

These students have clearly made up their minds about free speech: they don't want to share it with anyone else—especially Nazis, but also civil liberties lawyers who happen to be experts on the thing they are willfully misunderstanding: the First Amendment. Their ideological position is obviously incoherent—Liberalism is white supremacy? What?—and would not stand up to scrutiny, which is probably why they have decided to make open debate an impossibility on campus. They really shouldn't get away with this.

http://reason.com/blog/2017/10/04/black ... ut-down-th

_________________
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter Movement
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:01 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 31300
Reputation points: 19875
BLM attacking the ACLU. :lol: :lol:


"incoherent" is being generous.

_________________
I haven't figured out how to the block thingy works but if anyone alters my posts I will become really, really angry and throw monkey poop out of my cage.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter Movement
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:14 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 35360
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
jack t ripper wrote:
BLM attacking the ACLU. :lol: :lol:


"incoherent" is being generous.



We’ve see BLM protest against the ACLU.

We’ve seen BLM protest against a gay pride parade (in Chicago IIRC).

We’ve seen BLM members deride white women (who were supporting BLM).

The pinnacle will come when one BLM group protests another BLM group. :D

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter Movement
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:17 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 31300
Reputation points: 19875
chijohnaok wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:
BLM attacking the ACLU. :lol: :lol:


"incoherent" is being generous.



We’ve see BLM protest against the ACLU.

We’ve seen BLM protest against a gay pride parade (in Chicago IIRC).

We’ve seen BLM members deride white women (who were supporting BLM).

The pinnacle will come when one BLM group protests another BLM group. :D



it happened already with Rachel Dolezai

_________________
I haven't figured out how to the block thingy works but if anyone alters my posts I will become really, really angry and throw monkey poop out of my cage.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter Movement
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:58 pm 
Offline
First Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:16 am
Posts: 7590
Location: The Cockney Paradise
Reputation points: 20000
jack t ripper wrote:
it happened already with Rachel Dolezai

Cutting your dick off and declaring yourself as a biological female is fine, the World just wasn't ready for its first trans black person. Future generations of liberals will see her as a true hero.

_________________
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter Movement
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:48 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 31300
Reputation points: 19875
Mac wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:
it happened already with Rachel Dolezai

Cutting your dick off and declaring yourself as a biological female is fine, the World just wasn't ready for its first trans black person. Future generations of liberals will see her as a true hero.


For revealing the Left to be shallow hypocrites and fools she is already a hero to me. :)

_________________
I haven't figured out how to the block thingy works but if anyone alters my posts I will become really, really angry and throw monkey poop out of my cage.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter Movement
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:53 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 31300
Reputation points: 19875
"Noose" lunacy. It's a f****** shoelace. What are they going to lynch....a mouse?

Quote:
Shoelace mistaken for noose causes racial uproar at Michigan State University





By Caleb Parke, Fox News








A lost shoelace at Michigan State University caused a racial uproar Wednesday after someone mistook it for a noose.





MSU President Lou Anna K. Simon released a statement Wednesday morning saying she was “distressed” after finding out “a student reported a noose was hung outside of her room.” Simon commended the student’s “courage” for reporting the “racial incident” and put out a clear message.

“This type of behavior is not tolerated on our campus,” Simon said. “No Spartan should ever feel targeted based on their race, or other ways in which they identify.”


But by Wednesday afternoon, the investigation by MSU Police revealed there was no noose.

Instead, they found “the object was a packaged leather shoelace and not a noose,” MSU spokesman Jason Cody said in a news release, adding that the shoelaces “are packaged in a way that someone could perceive them to look similar to a noose.”

Officers tracked down and interviewed the student who lost both of the shoelaces. That student happens to live on the same floor as the one who made the report.



“Also, the original shoelace found inside the residence hall was not directed at any individual,” Cody said, adding that police believe someone found the shoelace and put it on a stairwell door handle after picking it up off the floor.

This story was first reported by The College Fix and the Lansing State Journal.

_________________
I haven't figured out how to the block thingy works but if anyone alters my posts I will become really, really angry and throw monkey poop out of my cage.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter Movement
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:08 pm 
Offline
Hair in the soap
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:46 am
Posts: 19715
Reputation points: 19776
jack t ripper wrote:
"Noose" lunacy. It's a f****** shoelace. What are they going to lynch....a mouse?

Quote:
Shoelace mistaken for noose causes racial uproar at Michigan State University





By Caleb Parke, Fox News








A lost shoelace at Michigan State University caused a racial uproar Wednesday after someone mistook it for a noose.





MSU President Lou Anna K. Simon released a statement Wednesday morning saying she was “distressed” after finding out “a student reported a noose was hung outside of her room.” Simon commended the student’s “courage” for reporting the “racial incident” and put out a clear message.

“This type of behavior is not tolerated on our campus,” Simon said. “No Spartan should ever feel targeted based on their race, or other ways in which they identify.”


But by Wednesday afternoon, the investigation by MSU Police revealed there was no noose.

Instead, they found “the object was a packaged leather shoelace and not a noose,” MSU spokesman Jason Cody said in a news release, adding that the shoelaces “are packaged in a way that someone could perceive them to look similar to a noose.”

Officers tracked down and interviewed the student who lost both of the shoelaces. That student happens to live on the same floor as the one who made the report.



“Also, the original shoelace found inside the residence hall was not directed at any individual,” Cody said, adding that police believe someone found the shoelace and put it on a stairwell door handle after picking it up off the floor.

This story was first reported by The College Fix and the Lansing State Journal.





Not the first time for such imagined slights.

Actually become quite common.
:roll:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter Movement
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:10 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 35360
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
Image

Here is a screenshot of the largest page on Facebook purporting to support the BLM movement, a page with over 700,000 followers.
The page was tied to online fundraisers that brought in at least $100,000 that supposedly went to Black Lives Matter causes in the U.S.

This Facebook page actually belongs to a middle-aged white man in Australia, and much of that money was transferred to Australian bank accounts.

That white Australian behind this is Ian Mackay, a National Union of Workers official in Australia. The union represents thousands of workers across various industries.

:shock:

You can read all about that here:

The biggest Black Lives Matter page on Facebook is fake

I wonder if any member of Congress (maybe someone from the Congressional Black Caucus) will ask Zuckerberg about this when he comes before Congress?

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter Movement
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:26 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 31300
Reputation points: 19875
1) Pull head out of ass

2) Find your wallet (if you have one) and donate to a guy name "Ian" in Australia*


* EBT cards welcomed here

_________________
I haven't figured out how to the block thingy works but if anyone alters my posts I will become really, really angry and throw monkey poop out of my cage.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group