maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter Movement
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:40 am 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 13767
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... -the-state

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — The Missouri NAACP issued an advisory that tells travelers to be careful while in the state because of a danger that civil rights won't be respected, state chapter President Rod Chapel said Monday.

The advisory cites a bill passed by lawmakers this year that would make it more difficult to sue for housing or employment discrimination. The legislation is on the desk of Republican Gov. Eric Greitens, who has not said whether he'll sign the bill but has supported other efforts to rein in lawsuits in an attempt to improve the legal climate for businesses in the state.

RELATED CONTENT

ST. PAUL, MN - JULY 09: Police line up in formation as protestors shut down highway I-94 on July 9, 2016 in St. Paul, Minnesota. Protests and marches have occurred every day since the police killing of Philando Castile on June 6, 2016 in Falcon Heights, Minnesota. (Photo by Stephen Maturen/Getty Images)
Why Aren't Police Prosecuted?
A spokesman for the governor didn't immediately comment Monday.

The state NAACP has strongly criticized the legislation, which Chapel said could make it tougher to hold people accountable for harassment and discrimination against women, people with disabilities and others.

"At this point, I think everybody's' civil rights are now in jeopardy," he said.

Some Republican lawmakers and supporters including the Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry argued the change will help to reduce the number of "frivolous lawsuits" they say have made it challenging to do business in the state.

Chapel said the advisory follows a "culmination of issues that are critical to civil rights in Missouri." Other issues cited in the advisory include a recent attorney general's report that shows black Missouri drivers last year were 75 percent more likely to be stopped than whites.

Chapel also said the organization's state chapter is considering a full boycott, a tactic that's been used against other states that have adopted conservative policies.

The NAACP in February launched an economic boycott in North Carolina over the state's so-called bathroom bill as well as ongoing legal fights over voting rights. In May, the American Civil Liberties Union issued a warning about traveling to Texas because of the state's new law banning so-called sanctuary cities.

The Missouri NAACP and other opponents of the bill on discrimination are rallying Tuesday at the Capitol to urge Greitens to veto the legislation.

Oh noes! People of color may boycott poor Missouri! Anything but that! What's next? Muslims boycotting airlines?

People of color should travel to someplace safer, like Chicago.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:47 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11537
Quote:
like Chicago.

:lol:

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:43 pm 

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/l ... 104244406/

Half of Detroit’s 8 mayoral candidates are felons
Christine Ferretti,Mike Martindale and Robert Snell, The Detroit News

(Photo: Charles E. Ramirez,The Detroit News)
CONNECT
TWEET
LINKEDIN
EMAIL
MORE
Detroit — Half of the eight mayoral hopefuls on Detroit’s primary ballot next week have been convicted of felony crimes involving drugs, assault or weapons, a Detroit News analysis shows.

Three were charged with gun crimes and two for assault with intent to commit murder. Some of the offenses date back decades, the earliest to 1977. The most recent was in 2008.

Political consultant Greg Bowens said there are candidates with past hardships in every election cycle. It’s not something unique to Detroit or the political arena in general, he said.

“Black marks on your record show you have lived a little and have overcome some challenges,” said Bowens, a former press secretary to Detroit Mayor Dennis Archer and NAACP activist. “They (candidates) deserve the opportunity to be heard, but they also deserve to have the kind of scrutiny that comes along with trying to get an important elected position.”

Tuesday’s Detroit mayoral primary election is the first since the city exited bankruptcy in 2014. The field of eight will be narrowed to two who will face off in the fall.

Under state election law, convicted felons can vote and run for office as long as they are not incarcerated or guilty of certain fraud-related offenses, or crimes involving a breach of the public trust. The Detroit News reviewed the backgrounds of all the mayoral contenders.

While some refute circumstances that led to their criminal convictions, three said their past is a motivating factor in their decisions to run.

The two who have polled ahead of the field, incumbent Mayor Mike Duggan and state Sen. Coleman A. Young II, the son of the city’s first black mayor, have no criminal records. Nor do candidates Edward Dean and Angelo Brown.

First-time contender Donna Marie Pitts, 58, has multiple felony convictions dating back to 1977, according to court records in Wayne and Oakland counties.

Although she denies wrongdoing in the past cases against her, Pitts is open about her convictions.

Pitts, who says she has a business management degree and experience in carpentry, told The News she wants a “better way of life” for Detroiters.

“I don’t hide it. God has brought me out,” said Pitts, who wants to improve health care services, and tackle crime and work on rebuilding the community. “I hope (voters) don’t look at it as negative but as my experience, and I can help. I want to fight for them.”

.....more

No need to post photos or party affiliation.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:31 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 13425
doggie wrote:

Oh noes! People of color may boycott poor Missouri! Anything but that! What's next? Muslims boycotting airlines?

People of color should travel to someplace safer, like Chicago.

Should send the MONAACP and ACLU there. They could just cross the river, into East St Louis, and be in Illinois in no time.

;)

There are black folks employed everywhere, here in the 'burbs of KCMO. Over recent decades, their families stopped paying attention to the dead-end race hustling narrative so popular in the "inner city", and got the fuck out of that miserable loop. Into normal lives & jobs on the outside. Bet they're far happier for it, too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:38 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 13573

If you're black, you are 8 trillions times more likely to be killed by another black.

A white person w/ a brain stem would never set foot anywhere near that store.

So it goes.

Look at those nipples

dayum! :lol:

What a fucking shithole.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:47 pm 
First Sergeant

When push comes to shove, Jay W. ain't going to put up w/ that shit. He's going to start putting them down from over a mile range as quick as he can cock in another round. That's not 'practice', he don't need no practice. That's just called 'warming up'.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:33 pm 
First Sergeant

I'm not a tough guy, I'm a big pussy. If someone came into my store knocking the racks over like that it's going to be the last thing any of us ppl there ever do.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:45 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14884
C_S wrote:

If you're black, you are 8 trillions times more likely to be killed by another black.

A white person w/ a brain stem would never set foot anywhere near that store.

So it goes.

Look at those nipples

dayum! :lol:

What a fucking shithole.

And then people wonder why some storeowners or chains either pull their stores out of some neighborhoods or refuse to invest money for new stores in some neighborhoods.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:34 pm 

Of course Hogzilla was not arrested or required to pay for damages. That would be racist.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:36 pm 
First Sergeant

Quote:
Of course Hogzilla was not arrested or required to pay for damages. That would be racist.

d00g, look at all the men there who wouldn't touch her. The skinny black kid had to fro her out. gesh

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next