maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2096 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205 ... 210  Next
 Post subject: Re: Illegal Immigration--Euro style
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:30 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 19878
The Effiel Tower is getting a wall...

Quote:
Paris is to unveil its newly built perimeter defences around the Eiffel Tower to protect against terror threats.

Temporary barriers were placed around the tower in June 2016, and are now being replaced with more permanent measures.

Set to be completed in mid-July, the fences cost nearly 35 million euros ($40.1m; £30.1m).

More than 240 people have died in terror attacks in France since 2015.

Bernard Gaudillère, president of the Societe d'Exploitation de la Tour Eiffel (SETE) which runs the iconic monument, said the new walls were "rock-solid for absolute security".

Glass walls measuring 6.5cm (2.5in) thick will form two sides of the square, with the other two blocked off by 3.24m (10.6ft) high metal barriers, exactly one hundredth the height of the tower.

To prevent vehicle attacks, 420 blocks will be placed in front of the glass walls as an added protection.

The forecourt under the Eiffel tower has been closed to the public since June 2016, with anti-terror troops regularly patrolling the site.

Mr Gaudillère said the temporary walls would be replaced with something "infinitely nicer and more romantic", as part of a 300-million euro renovation of the tower ahead of the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris.

Up to seven million tourists are expected to visit the tower in 2018 alone.

Yet residents are not happy about the added security features.

A group called Les Amis du Champ de Mars posted a statement online in May last year complaining about the lack of consultation with residents, the "exorbitant cost" of the fences, and the difficulty of access for buses and people with disabilities.

They also allege the city used special measures afforded it by the state of emergency to push through the security changes without assessing their impact or the public interest.

The country introduced tough anti-terror laws in October 2017 after almost two years of the national state of emergency imposed by then-President Francois Hollande in the wake of the Paris attacks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44502949

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
LaPalice wrote:
I thought that the EU would disapear because of the euro currency. But I am wrong apparently. What will destroy the EU will be the problem of immigration, it seems.

So far EU there has been no EU immigration policy, so all migrants are refugees and asylum seekers.

There must be a change to reflect the reality. Considering the projected population growth in black Africa, something has to be done. This recent migration from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan is just minor prelude what is coming.

I am not a racist, not a xenophobe, but a realist. Some call me a nazi, some call me a green leftie. So I can conclude that I am right.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:11 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 10157
nero wrote:
LaPalice wrote:
I thought that the EU would disapear because of the euro currency. But I am wrong apparently. What will destroy the EU will be the problem of immigration, it seems.

So far EU there has been no EU immigration policy, so all migrants are refugees and asylum seekers.

There must be a change to reflect the reality. Considering the projected population growth in black Africa, something has to be done. This recent migration from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan is just minor prelude what is coming.

I am not a racist, not a xenophobe, but a realist. Some call me a nazi, some call me a green leftie. So I can conclude that I am right.

One of the solution would be to make them, the migrants, to know that they will have, for the big majority, a miserable life in Europe, which is the case for those who are already there. Helping to them to have better life conditions in their countries will not work, as we, as Europeans, are not able to help the European countries which are in difficulties, so the African countries...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:25 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
LaPalice wrote:
nero wrote:

One of the solution would be to make them, the migrants, to know that they will have, for the big majority, a miserable life in Europe, which is the case for those who are already there. Helping to them to have better life conditions in their countries will not work, as we, as Europeans, are not able to help the European countries which are in difficulties, so the African countries...

I think that it would be better help them stay there where are. And perhaps have some programs that allow their people to learn the miracles of moderns science to be applied in their home countries.

All that in a sustainable way. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
LaPalice wrote:
nero wrote:

LaPalice,

That is a novel concept—-Informing potential migrants and refugees how miserable living in Europe is.

I can see it now:
French government Border official A calling the French Tourism Board: Hello, I am with the Border Office. Has the French Tourism Board done any advertisement campaigns attempting to get people to come visit France?
Official B with French Tourism Board: Why yes, me make ad campaigns every year telling tourists how lovely France is and how it’s a nice place to visit.
Official A: Very good. We need your help then with a similar ad campaign.
Official B: Oh, you want a campaign promoting France; we can certainly assist with that.
Official A: Well, not exactly. We need a campaign telling people how miserable life in France is and that it would not be good to come to France.
Official B: :::stunned and not sure what to say:::
Official A: Hello? Are you there?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:54 am 
Staff Sergeant

nero wrote:
I think that it would be better help them stay there where are. And perhaps have some programs that allow their people to learn the miracles of moderns science to be applied in their home countries.

All that in a sustainable way. ;)

It is counterproductive to think you can tell them, the Africans, how to do to have a better life. It is better for them to find the way by themselves, without the help of anybody, particularly from the West, which always try to give lessons, how to behave...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:59 am 
Staff Sergeant

chijohnaok wrote:
LaPalice,

That is a novel concept—-Informing potential migrants and refugees how miserable living in Europe is.

I can see it now:
French government Border official A calling the French Tourism Board: Hello, I am with the Border Office. Has the French Tourism Board done any advertisement campaigns attempting to get people to come visit France?
Official B with French Tourism Board: Why yes, me make ad campaigns every year telling tourists how lovely France is and how it’s a nice place to visit.
Official B: Oh, you want a campaign promoting France; we can certainly assist with that.
Official A: Well, not exactly. We need a campaign telling people how miserable life in France is and that it would not be good to come to France.

It seems that works for the Australians. They say, more or less, to the migrants, that they don't want them, and apparently the flow of illegal immigrants decreased. Maybe, we should take example of Australia concerning the migrants.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:00 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
LaPalice wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:
LaPalice,

I can see it now:

It seems that works for the Australians. They say, more or less, to the migrants, that they don't want them, and apparently the flow of illegal immigrants decreased. Maybe, we should take example of Australia concerning the migrants.

I would agree with you that the Australians make their position on illegal immigration very clear.
Australia's would be a good model to follow IMHO.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:01 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
nero wrote:

Filthy colonizer! :P

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:52 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 16218
Africans will be miserable no matter where they are. Better they be miserable in Africa.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2096 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205 ... 210  Next