maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2048 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199 ... 205  Next
 Post subject: Re: Illegal Immigration--Euro style
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:58 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17050
Anthropoid wrote:
Zero of whom were Muslims.

Indeed, industrial revolution started from Europe, due to European culture and spread to US and Canada, due to colonial offshoot of European culture but didn't really reach much outside Europe.

Japan took heed as soon as they saw the merits of industrialization and due to their culture they caught up 300 years of progress in 50 years even if with great difficulty.

Ottoman Empire was on the verge of collapse and had to be saved and saved and saved time after time because British and French didn't want to learn the names of 20 new -stans at the time, thinking it was more convenient having the Ottomans in place.

How's the rate of progress, democracy and industrialization going for the Islamic World? Oh, if they happen to sit on top of half the world's oil then they are able to let the Westerners build and run a big extractor and perhaps a refinery and tax it to the extent that no one who doesn't find a job in the administration ever needs to bother with work.

Meanwhile the rest of them are just plain screwed but it surely has nothing to do with their religion and culture. It must be because they are oppressed or something.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:16 am 

Great video, we need more people like him!

And check 9:00.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13981
Kameolontti wrote:

Great video, we need more people like him!

And check 9:00.

Fantastic video. Checking out channel and likely subbing . . . Thanks for posting.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:13 pm 

Anthropoid wrote:
Fantastic video. Checking out channel and likely subbing . . . Thanks for posting.

Really liked his videos. He also did one opposing the construction of a sunni grand mosque in Helsinki, noting that it was funded by Saudi's and their salafist money and would be used for hateful preaching and recruitment of terrorists as well as it would not be open for shia folks.

I really like his attitude of "let's keep West a western place to be in since a lot of folks actually like West". I wish most people we let in would be like him! I'd like to invite folks like that here, they're oppressed across Middle East.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Fantastic video with excellent insights and historical perspectives.

THAT"S the guy the US State Dept should have hired...NOT Anwar al Alaki

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

He would probably agree with our forum consensus that Islam is (a) incompatible with 'the West' and (b) desperately in need of major reform in order to be compatible. That is a lot for a person of Islamic origin.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:50 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15175
Here's a nice bit of propaganda from the BBC, for use in schools...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Anthropoid wrote:
He would probably agree with our forum consensus that Islam is (a) incompatible with 'the West' and (b) desperately in need of major reform in order to be compatible. That is a lot for a person of Islamic origin.

Did you notice he films his videos in front of an old piece of plywood? No background sounds. No good hint of where the sun is. At first I thought...man..get a better set and then I realized what he is doing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:21 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 11728

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:03 pm 
Sergeant Major

Some very interesting points from those Hungarian guys. I tend to agree that the decision-makers who have set in motion the influx of people have done it for ulterior motives of various sorts (economic, "prestige," rhetorical, etc.). But one theme I picked up on that strikes me as a bit daft is the idea that somehow the U.S. "created" the Syrian civil war. That just doesn't work based on my understanding of events, nor does "blaming" the U.S. for failing to "fix the situation" come across as sound, reasonable reasoning. IS arose in the immediate wake of the U.S. having squandered 15 years worth of interventionism in Iraq and Afghanistan; to use a phrase: we were "war weary" in 2002, so the idea that U.S. failure to engage in the sort of massive scale intervention into Syria that would have been requisite to gain ANY real traction at the beginning is pretty fucking boneheaded. Not to mention the fact that Syria has been a major Russian ally for decades and has since the 1960s represented Russia's "client state" in the Med, plus the fact that, at the outset the exact nature and arrangement of combatants and which one if any was a promising "client" for the U.S. to support was pretty much impossible. Indeed, this remains nearly impossible to this day.

The idea that the U.S. should have, or could have "fixed" Syria so that Europe would be spared from the traitorous schemes of its own leadership is just the sort of parochial view one expects from a minor national official of a small, landlocked, ethnically-insular and homogeneous nation like Hungary.

To be sure, the situation for Europe is a fucking shitswirl of Titanic proportions and I agree with that part of the assessment. The idea that armed conflict could be the eventual result of this is also an idea I can accept as a possibility. The fact it is burdensome, self-destructive and harmful to the nations who have taken on the invader burden and the idea that the EU leaders who have promoted it are traitors are all points I can agree with.

But trying to blame the U.S. or Donald Trump for ANY OF IT!? Jesus fucking Christ, it is precisely this kind of whininess that gives Midol's viewpoint some traction!

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2048 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199 ... 205  Next