maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2791 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 280  Next
 Post subject: Election 2016
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:12 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13177
Chijohn and wilkerbutt had a discussion and thought it would be a decent idea to start a thread on "Election 2016" to collect the relevant data in one place. Currently we have a bunch of threads going on related topics - and trying to remember how to find them will become more difficult.

So here is my first post in this new thread.

I'm been reading about the candidates ... and if we must have a member of de muc rat club for the next resident of the (newly repainted) green, pink, yellow, purple house ...

what about this guy !?

James Webb ...

Quote:
Webb received the Navy Cross for actions on July 10, 1969. The citation read:

“ The Navy Cross is presented to James H. Webb, Jr., First Lieutenant, U.S. Marine Corps, for extraordinary heroism while serving as a Platoon Commander with Company D, First Battalion, Fifth Marines, First Marine Division (Reinforced), Fleet Marine Force, in connection with combat operations against the enemy in the Republic of Vietnam. On July 10, 1969, while participating in a company-sized search and destroy operation deep in hostile territory, First Lieutenant Webb's platoon discovered a well-camouflaged bunker complex that appeared to be unoccupied. Deploying his men into defensive positions, First Lieutenant Webb was advancing to the first bunker when three enemy soldiers armed with hand grenades jumped out. Reacting instantly, he grabbed the closest man and, brandishing his .45 caliber pistol at the others, apprehended all three of the soldiers. Accompanied by one of his men, he then approached the second bunker and called for the enemy to surrender. When the hostile soldiers failed to answer him and threw a grenade that detonated dangerously close to him, First Lieutenant Webb detonated a claymore mine in the bunker aperture, accounting for two enemy casualties and disclosing the entrance to a tunnel. Despite the smoke and debris from the explosion and the possibility of enemy soldiers hiding in the tunnel, he then conducted a thorough search that yielded several items of equipment and numerous documents containing valuable intelligence data. Continuing the assault, he approached a third bunker and was preparing to fire into it when the enemy threw another grenade. Observing the grenade land dangerously close to his companion, First Lieutenant Webb simultaneously fired his weapon at the enemy, pushed the Marine away from the grenade, and shielded him from the explosion with his own body. Although sustaining painful fragmentation wounds from the explosion, he managed to throw a grenade into the aperture and completely destroy the remaining bunker. By his courage, aggressive leadership, and selfless devotion to duty, First Lieutenant Webb upheld the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and of the United States Naval Service.[23]

At the time - to those who would listen - I hollered similar noises - that we should not go in without a DECLARATION OF WAR from the KONGRIS in those words ...

Quote:
In a 1990 New York Times opinion piece, Webb opposed further U.S. military escalation in Saudi Arabia during Operation Desert Shield citing lack of a coherent strategy and consent from the United States Congress. He also warned against a permanent military presence in the Middle East.

Believes in the Constitution ...

Quote:
On March 26, 2007, a senatorial aide of Webb, Phillip Thompson, was arrested for carrying Webb's loaded pistol as he entered the Russell Senate Office Building and for carrying unregistered ammunition. The weapon was discovered when Thompson went through an X-ray machine with a briefcase that contained a loaded pistol and two additional loaded magazines.[57] Charges against the aide were dismissed after prosecutors concluded it could not be proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Thompson was aware that the gun and ammunition were in the briefcase.[58] Webb responded to his aide's arrest by reiterating his support for gun-owners' rights:

"I'm a strong supporter of the Second Amendment; I have had a permit to carry a weapon in Virginia for a long time; I believe that it's important; it's important to me personally and to a lot of people in the situation that I'm in to be able to defend myself and my family."[59]

Any who ... sounds a lot better than billary ... if we must have a member of de muc rat club as resident ...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Election 2016
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Drafting candidates does not work because the campaign process is so painful that you have to really have the fire in your belly to go through with it. Of course, there is time for another Dem to step forward.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

The Dems thought they had themselves a sure thing with the "war hero" Kerry. Then he got swift-boated. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:03 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
Webb made a formal announcement on July 2, 2015, that he will seek the Democratic Party's nomination for the presidency through an open letter on his webb2016 website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

http://www.jameswebb.com/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:52 am 
Sergeant Major

jwilkerson wrote:

Officer, writer of novels, essayist, politician.....can't the guy keep a job? :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:29 am 
Sergeant Major

I'm with Cruz ... Romney must be thinking about a different "cause" ...

Quote:
... "I am opposed to the Iran deal, but @SenTedCruz is way over the line on the Obama terrorism charge. Hurts the cause," Romney, acting in his emerging role as party elder, tweeted Thursday.

Cruz, a 2016 GOP presidential candidate, said Monday that President Barack Obama's administration will become "the world's leading financier of radical Islamic terrorism" if the Iran deal his administration brokered earlier this month goes into effect. ...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/30/politics/mitt-romney-slams-ted-cruz/index.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:37 am 
Sergeant Major

Yo, Romney, you lost to a President with a 7% unemployment rate. Let Cruz have a go at it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

OK, this isn't related to the US 2016 elections, but it's.......interesting... :lol:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:19 am 
Sergeant Major

I found it interesting that CNN left R. Paul out of their 2016 candidate list ... But they did have an article on him ...

Quote:
"I'm a small government conservative, one who believes in the Constitution. I will do whatever it takes to defend the country, but I'm not interested or a believer that every intervention has been good for us," Paul said. "Many of the Republicans who are carping at my heels, those who want to be relevant in this debate, they supported Hillary Clinton's war in Libya. They supported sending money to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt."

On Trump, Paul said his standing in recent polls suggests a "temporary loss of sanity" among voters interested in "empty talk."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/02/politics/rand-paul-government-shutdown-planned-parenthood/index.html

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2791 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 280  Next