Open all night
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: This just in, Biden is a moron
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:55 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 4768
Quote:
"I would tell members of my family, and I have, I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places right now," Biden said. "It's not that its going to Mexico, it's that you are in a confined aircraft when one person sneezes, it goes everywhere through the aircraft. That's me."

Really?

Much better than shutting down the border I suppose. We'll all stay off of airplanes and drive another industry into bankruptcy.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04 ... tomobiles/

I would not be the least bit surprised if Biden is 'retired' before the next presidential election.

Can someone say albatross?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: This just in, Biden is a moron
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:18 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8368
I can't wait to see all those funny "Biden-ism" day-to-day calendars in the bookstores after the Bamster's first term! Those "Bushism" calendars were SO FUNNY! :mrgreen:

The bedfellows politics made are never strange. It only seems that way to those who have not watched the courtship.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:52 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 4768
Poindexter wrote:
I can't wait to see all those funny "Biden-ism" day-to-day calendars in the bookstores after the Bamster's first term! Those "Bushism" calendars were SO FUNNY! :mrgreen:

Here's a start. I bolded my favorite (What's he) Smokin Joe Biden line. Not only wasn't FDR President when the market crashed, but if he had gotten on TV, no one could have watched it because it didn't exist yet (except possibly in German labs).

Imagine if Bush had said any of these:

Quote:
-- On March 13, 2009, Biden addressed a former Senate colleague by saying, "An hour late, oh give me a f**king break," after he arrived on Amtrak at Union Station in Washington, D.C. The vice president's expletive was caught on a live microphone.

-- During a Feb. 25, 2009, interview on CBS' "Early Show," Biden encouraged viewers to visit a government-run Web site that tracks stimulus spending. When asked for the site's web address, Biden could not remember the site's "number."

"You know, I'm embarrassed. Do you know the Web site number?" he asked an aide standing out of view. "I should have it in front of me and I don't. I'm actually embarrassed."

-- At a Jan. 30, 2009, swearing-in ceremony of senior White House staff, Biden mocked Chief Justice John Roberts for his presidential oath blunder on Inauguration Day.

"Am I doing this again?" Biden said, after Obama asked him to administer the oath. When Biden was told the swearing-in was for senior staff -- and not cabinet members -- the vice president quipped, "My memory is not as good as Justice Roberts," prompting a stern nudge from Obama.

-- On Inauguration Day, Jan. 20 2009, Biden misspoke when he told a cheering crowd of supporters, "Jill and I had the great honor of standing on that stage, looking across at one of the great justices, Justice Stewart." Justice John Paul Stevens -- not Stewart -- swore Biden in as vice president.

-- When criticizing former GOP nominee John McCain in Athens, Ohio, on Oct. 15, 2008, Biden said, "Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs."

-- In a Sept. 22, 2008, CBS interview, Biden misspoke when he said Franklin D. Roosevelt was president when the stock market crashed in 1929.

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened," he said. Herbert Hoover -- not Roosevelt -- was president in 1929, and television had not yet been invented in 1929.

-- During a Sept. 12, 2008, speech in Columbia, Mo., Biden called for Missouri State Sen. Chuck Graham, who is wheelchair-bound, to "stand up."

"Oh, God love ya," Biden said, after realizing his mistake. "What am I talking about?"

-- At a Sept. 10, 2008, town hall meeting in Nashua, N.H., Biden said, "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me."

-- Biden mistakenly referred to Alaska governor Sarah Palin as the "lieutenant governor" of her state during a town hall meeting on Sept. 4, 2008 at George Mason University in Manassas, Va.

"I heard a very, by the way I mean this sincerely, a very strong and a very good political speech from a lieutenant governor of Alaska who I think is going to be very formidable, very formidable not only in the campaign but in the debate," Biden said.

-- Biden said he was running for president -- not vice president -- during a Sept. 1, 2008, roundtable discussion in Scranton, Pa.

"Today is the moment for me as a United States senator running for president to put aside the national politics and focus on what's happening down there," Biden said.

-- Biden referred to John McCain as "George" during his vice presidential acceptance speech on Aug. 27, 2008, at the Democratic National Convention in Denver, Co. "Freudian slip, folks, Freudian slip," he explained.

-- Biden confused army brigades with battalions when speaking about Obama's plan for sending troops to Afghanistan.

"Or should we trust Barack Obama, who more than a year ago called for sending two additional combat brigades to Afghanistan?"

-- During his first campaign rally with Obama as his vice presidential running mate on Aug. 23, 2008, Biden introduced Obama by saying, "A man I'm proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States -- Barack America!"

-- On Jan. 31, 2007 -- the day Biden announced his presidential bid -- the Delaware Senator was roundly criticized for calling Obama "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04 ... -blunders/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:52 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19875
Whew! Am I glad Sarah Palin didn't get elected. We would really be in deep shit then.

They should have a guy with a Tazer following Biden around. When he approaches a mcirophone they should just zap him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:58 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 5025
jack t ripper wrote:
They should have a guy with a Tazer following Biden around. When he approaches a mcirophone they should just zap him.

Wouldn't that be torture? :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:51 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 19776
Dude! Don't taze me!!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am 
Varmint

Reputation points: 1878
Yes....

He gave good accurate advice, and gets nailed for it.

Guess it pays to lie.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:09 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Chiteng wrote:
Yes....

He gave good accurate advice, and gets nailed for it.

Guess it pays to lie.

Well, in this case Biden's words may have been more truthful, but he has a history of either embellishing the truth, or "borrowing" the words of others.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:30 am 
Lance Corporal

Reputation points: 50
jack t ripper wrote:

Yeah, one of those pet-collar jobs. Biden is a disaster.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:53 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16928
Quote:
"I would tell members of my family, and I have, I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places right now," Biden said. "It's not that its going to Mexico, it's that you are in a confined aircraft when one person sneezes, it goes everywhere through the aircraft. That's me."

That was the honest Joe Biden.

Hours later the political douchebag Joe Biden had his staff retract the statement saying "Of course, travelling on an airline full of people infected by the zombie virus, bubonic plague, and in the terminal 'crash and bleed out' stage of an ebola infection, with cartons of escaped lab rats and rhesus monkies running loose and biting everyone's ankles wouldn't increase anyone's risk of exposure to illness. You may all continue to carry on the way good, ignorant, economically compliant sheeple should."

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits