maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 95  Next
 Post subject: Re: North Korea Is Best Korea
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:50 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Yes, quite possibly the Chicoms whispered something to him but that is likely because they either WANT something from Trump (a less confrontational stance on trade perhaps) or they realize the current sanctions are dangerously close to causing a catastrophic economic collapse in the PRK...so I think it is fair to say the sanctions are biting much harder than ANYTHING the international community has done before.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Chicoms were secretly warned that sanction busting ships would develop unexplained mechanical difficulties at sea.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:11 pm 
Sergeant Major

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

:lol:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:32 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 18648
Kim Dong has said he will suspend all missle tests and shut down a nuclear test site...

Quote:
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has said the country will suspend all missile tests and shut down a nuclear test site, state media say.

"From April 21, North Korea will stop nuclear tests and launches of intercontinental ballistic missiles," the Korean Central News Agency said, as quoted by South Korea's Yonhap agency.

The decision came after a meeting of the ruling Worker's Party of Korea.

North Korea has defied international sanctions over its weapons programme.

In November, it said it had successfully tested a new type of intercontinental ballistic missile that could reach the whole of the continental United States.

The test drew swift international condemnation. UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres said Pyongyang had shown "complete disregard for the united view of the international community".

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-43846488

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:18 pm 
Sergeant Major

I don't necessarily believe that Kim Jong-un will follow through on this, but its more than many had predicted.

There were many that said when Trump called poor Kim Jong-un "rocket man" that it would only provoke him into doing something desperate.......

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14177
Quote:
... From April 21, North Korea will stop nuclear tests and launches of intercontinental ballistic missiles ...

Of course they will !!! Right up until they start 'em up again!! :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:58 pm 
Sergeant Major

jwilkerson wrote:
Quote:
... From April 21, North Korea will stop nuclear tests and launches of intercontinental ballistic missiles ...

Exactly. They may feel they have both a workable miniaturized nuke and a working ICBM...though it seems they may have work to do on a reentry vehicle.

Of course, to scare the BeJesus out of us they don't really need a precise reentry vehicle....they just need a credible threat.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:12 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14970
jwilkerson wrote:
Quote:

Exactly.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:47 am 
Sergeant Major

Kim Jong-un becomes the first North Korean leader since the Korean War to set foot in South Korea:

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-4 ... for-summit

He and the South Korean leader conducted talks, discussed a denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, and discussed a resolution of the Armistace agreed to after the Korean War.

60+ years of rocky relations between the two countries and now this flurry of activity.
I wonder what brought all this on so suddenly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:50 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8027
You know, the whole rationale of North Korea having nuclear weapons to prevent an invasion by the US falls flat when you take the position of, "a nuclear attack by North Korea will be considered an attack by China and result in a full retaliatory response."

We just needed a president who has balls and willing to make sure all the players understood what the stakes were.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 95  Next