maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 94  Next
 Post subject: Re: North Korea Is Best Korea
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:10 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 6777
Mac wrote:
Trump cancels the summit with Kim Dong...

Color me surprised.

The Dorks aren't going to go quietly and history would be on their side. So Trump will have to keep screwing the screws tighter and tighter.

I don't think we have reached intermission yet... but it certainly is interesting theater.

BTW: I noticed that when Trump backed out of the Iran deal, the administration later stated that they were giving the deal a grace period of 60 to 180 days. My bet is that is the timeline Trump thinks it will take North Korea to bend to his will. Then he can turn to Iran.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:54 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
PBS Interview Today

PBS Chick: So, we are all going to die, right?

Dem Congressman: Well, I think Trump demanded too much so it was never going to work in the first place. The DPRK has done this with other Presidents.

PBS Chick: So it's a good thing? (confused)

Dem Congressman: No, it's still a bad thing because Trump and Bolton are retards.

PBS Chick: Ah, OK, let's stop there because that is what our viewers wanted to hear.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:38 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 9282
He made a mistake. I was already disapointed about the Iranian deal, but it was understandable, as Iran is the main enemy of America's allies in the region, Israel and Saudi Arabia.

But why doing that with North Korea? I don't see the point. It is like he behaved in a childish way. Must I trust those who say that Trump is mad?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:45 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 11492
LaPalice wrote:
He made a mistake. I was already disapointed about the Iranian deal, but it was understandable, as Iran is the main enemy of America's allies in the region, Israel and Saudi Arabia.

But why doing that with North Korea? I don't see the point. It is like he behaved in a childish way. Must I trust those who say that Trump is mad?
Mad like a fox.

Trump has negotiated on the concept of 'we'll reward you for your actions, not your words.'

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:52 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13856
LaPalice wrote:

The "mad" thing is to negotiate with maniacal despots.

The wise thing would be to give an ultimatum, and then blast them to smithereens, i.e., FINALLY after ~70 years do what MacArthur suggested when this whole mess became a stalemate.

My views on this are not typical nor orthodox, but I regard most any other view as lacking in wisdom or foresight. Can anyone convince me otherwise?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:08 pm 
Staff Sergeant

abradley wrote:
LaPalice wrote:

Mad like a fox.

Trump has negotiated on the concept of 'we'll reward you for your actions, not your words.'

Kim Jong Un made actions. He dismantled his nuclear facilities and visited South Korea. apparently, the reason that Trump gives is that the North Koreans were not very kind when the Americans and the South Koreans recently made military maneuvers. There, it is about words, not actions.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:11 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Anthropoid wrote:
LaPalice wrote:

The "mad" thing is to negotiate with maniacal despots.

The wise thing would be to give an ultimatum, and then blast them to smithereens, i.e., FINALLY after ~70 years do what MacArthur suggested when this whole mess became a stalemate.

My views on this are not typical nor orthodox, but I regard most any other view as lacking in wisdom or foresight. Can anyone convince me otherwise?

The problem is that the maniacal despot is not alone. There is China behind him. And if you nuke North Korea, you will have problem with China. The only reason I see about Trump's behavior is that the US needs a hostile North Korea, like that the Americans can remain in the region.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13856
Kim Jong Un is a phony manipulator. He has done it before innumerable times, as did his father and his grandfather. It has become the standard practice of the regime because it has worked so well with so many preceding U.S. leaders.

Trump is not putting up with that shit: either Kim behaves himself, and puts actions behind his words or 'no deal.'

That isn't madness, it is cunning negotiation. The fact we have evolved so far away from basic common sense and realpolitik to whatever nonsensical politically correct bs shapes prevailing norms and expectations in the Western world is the frightening thing.

One does not negotiate with criminals.

Fuck China. What are they gonna do? Start a nuclear apocalypse with the U.S. because we use nukes to take out Kim's capacity to resist an allied invasion?

I think not. China, Russia, Iran, DPRK and any other would-be despotic regime are the ones who should be afraid because Trump is not your standard off the shelf trained at Harvard or Yale, bought and sold by the establishment career politician. He plays as a savvy business man with decades of experience dealing with complex, high-risk, hostile negotations.

IMO, there is almost NOTHING which Trump could do at this point which would be too excessive as to be considered "madness." Launch the nukes NOW, as I type. High time for this bullshit to be brought to an end: no more holding Western freedom hostage by despots.

ADDIT: though it WOULD be better to wait till after this falls election cycle!

Nuke the Norks in December 2018!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

Kim pretty obviously changed the tone by adding a silly last minute demand that the US and South Korea cancel joint exercises and objecting to the presence of Bolton.

They are used to getting their way on this kind of crap and it signaled that the meeting would not go well. There is nothing childish about cancelling. the letter was perfectly polite

They let the little shit stew in his own juices for a while as the sanctions continue to bite. the ass holes have been doing this for 20 years and now have 60+ nukes...the last one being a possible thermonuclear device with a 120 Kt warhead....and they have a freaking working ICBM.

Complete denuclearization SHOULD be the goal of the US and the international community. tours by the PRK cheerleaders are not going to cut it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

The only observable action is the moratorium on testing but let's not forget that his last test worked and had a yield of 120 freaking Kt...that is a big ass nuke.

His last ICBM test worked as well...at least the missile part.

bulldozing some rocks into the tunnel entrances of a testing complex that already half-collapsed is just for show. You have to walk away if the little shit is trying to game you.

It's the same thing with the trade in value of your old car at the dealership. You tell the what you want....they counter with 1/3rd the value and you get up and leave. :lol:

They ALWAYS call you back. Now, admittedly, the stakes are a bit higher here. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 94  Next