maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: North Korea Is Best Korea
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:00 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 9540
The USAF has not BOMBED their enemies since WWII ... they "tickle" them instead ... in Korea they tickled a bit meaner than since ... but VN, GF1, etc. pure tickling strategy with the air to ground ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:37 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2862
Snow Leopard wrote:

Seems to me if it was that easy it would have been done by now. Didn't we spend the whole of GF1 trying to wack scuds in a desert and never got one? You think we can wipe out NK's offensive punch before they obliterate Seoul or Tokyo? Dug in, hidden, in tough terrain? Seems unreasonable to me.

I'm on the west coast so I figure given NKs talent I''ve got as much chance to be hit if they target LA as LA does. I don't lose any sleep over it nor would I if lived in Seoul either.

It is a real catch 22 admittedly. Don't want him to have a large sophisticated arsenal, but I don't buy into how easy you think this would be. I'm with those that want to arm SK and Japan with nukes and let them deal with it.

Hey, I'm happy with letting SK and Japan have nukes and walk away. Besides, that gives them leverage against China and relieves the US of having to protect them.

As for destroying targets...

In Vietnam the vast majority of weapons used were dumb bombs. Optical and laser guided weapons were also used but not a wide scale.

In Desert Storm, a large amount of precision weapons were used, especially laser guided weapons.

Since the Gulf Wars we now have the JDAM, which uses GPS and according to Wiki has a 13 meter Circular Error Probable. One bomb... one hit. So, for example, most of the artillery threatening Seoul could be obliterated in a very short time.

You start with a target set, you prioritize that list, and then make sure you have the right assets on hand to do the job.

Given that you have sufficient precision weapons and up-to-date target locations with real time updates the only real problem is coordinating the show.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:41 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 11008
Locked and loaded...

Quote:
President Donald Trump says the US military is "locked and loaded" to deal with North Korea, ramping up the rhetorical brinkmanship.

"Military solutions are now fully in place, locked and loaded, should North Korea act unwisely. Hopefully Kim Jong-un will find another path!" he tweeted.

He spoke as Pyongyang accused him of "driving" the Korean peninsula to the "brink of a nuclear war".

North Korea has announced plans to fire missiles near the US territory of Guam.

The Pacific island's homeland security agency issued a fact sheet on Friday with tips for residents to prepare for any missile threat.

The sheet states: "Do not look at the flash or fireball - it can blind you."

"Lie flat on the ground and cover your head. If the explosion is some distance away, it could take 30 seconds or more for the blast wave to hit."

Moscow said the exchange of threats between Washington and Pyongyang "worry us very much".

Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov rated the risk of military conflict as "very high" as he put forward a joint Russian-Chinese plan to defuse the crisis.

Mr Trump's tweet follows his threat earlier this week to rain "fire and fury" on Pyongyang.

His latest post came hours after his Defence Secretary Jim Mattis attempted to cool tensions by emphasising a peaceful resolution to the crisis.

Speaking in California late on Thursday, the Pentagon chief said it was his job to be ready for conflict.

But he said the effort by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and UN Ambassador Nikki Haley "has diplomatic traction, it is gaining diplomatic results".

Mr Mattis added: "The tragedy of war is well enough known. It doesn't need another characterisation beyond the fact that it would be catastrophic."

When asked about US military plans for a potential conflict, he said the country was ready, but he would not "tell the enemy in advance what I'm going to do".

Also on Friday, North Korea's official KCNA news agency accused Washington of a "criminal attempt to impose nuclear disaster upon the Korean nation".

Pyongyang's media outlet said America was making "desperate efforts" to test weapons in the Korean peninsula.

The US is "the mastermind of nuclear threat, the heinous nuclear war fanatic", the report said.

Tensions have escalated since North Korea tested two intercontinental ballistic missiles in July.

The regime was further angered by last week's UN decision to increase economic sanctions against it.

North Korea has said it will within days finalise a plan to fire medium-to-long-range rockets towards Guam, where US strategic bombers are based, along with more than 160,000 US citizens.

There has been no indication that any actual attack on the Pacific island is imminent.

On Thursday Mr Trump suggested that his own statements on North Korea had not been tough enough, warning the regime to be "very, very nervous".

However, he added that the US would always consider negotiations.

He also chided the North's closest ally, China, saying it could do "a lot more".

China's state-run Global Times newspaper wrote that Beijing should stay neutral if North Korea launches an attack that threatens the US.

But it also said that if the US and South Korea attacked North Korea to force regime change, then China must intervene to prevent it.

Meanwhile, Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said his nation would be prepared to join a conflict against North Korea if the US came under attack.

Australia would honour its commitment under a 1951 treaty, he said, "as America would come to our aid if we were attacked".

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:51 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2862
Quote:

China's state-run Global Times newspaper wrote that Beijing should stay neutral if North Korea launches an attack that threatens the US.

But it also said that if the US and South Korea attacked North Korea to force regime change, then China must intervene to prevent it.

You see, that is a very important statement.... "if the US and South Korea attacked North Korea to force regime change..."

If the objective is to simply destroy his military capability that is not regime change, but to keep everybody on the same script and avoid possible interventions, it is necessary to do that job very quickly and then say "that's all folks!"

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:36 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 9548
Would flattening downtown Pyongyang with a 5 megaton warhead (and burning most of the rest of it) on a day when Jing Jong _MIGHT_ be in town be plausibly presented as "not a regime change."

Ah fuck it, who cares. Nuke the motherfuckers. Nuke the entire goddamn country, every single village, every single installation, every single person in North Korea: dead . . . well, maybe not _every single person_ . . . you need someone to sign the instrument of surrender.

No need for boots on the ground, no need for American or South Korean casualties whatsoever. No need for the Chinese to get involved or be worried, nor any other nation in the region. Just let the Chinks and Russkies know we are doing it, and you have no say in it whatseover, and unleash the score or so of warheads necessary to carry it out. That is like . . . two missiles from one sub. It could all be over with in like 30 minutes: the end. No more North Korea threat to humanity, period.

That would reestablish humanism and civility in International Relations . . . as long as it was done with utmost swiftness, professionalism and precision. Once the necessary period of brutality was over, then be generous, compassionate, and helpful in rebuilding and reestablishing a civilized country in the north. The fires would be out in less than a week, and as long as all the airbusts were properly dialed, the amount of "fallout" would probably not even reach Fukushima levels. Yes, there would be a LOT of dead babies, and badly burned babies, and tens or even hundreds of thousands of refugees. A failure to move in with the humanitarian occupation effort swiftly could lead to a lot of unnecessary suffering, but we got time to plan and prepare for it, and I think it should be possible to pull it off without a single unnecessary loss of life.

Fuck any idiot who cannot see the reality of how it works.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:46 am 
First Sergeant

IMHO
01 - Regime Change is BS ... why would a new "regime" be any better? Unless we are going to conquer them and try to merge N and S Korea ...
02 - "Destroy his military capability" ... I actually think this is misguided as well ... because I'm not sure this is possible ...

If I was going to fight NK I would fight them as hard and fast as possible to convince them to stop fighting. I would unleash the dogs of war ... maximize civilian casualties ... maximize destruction ... no holds barred ... blow the shit out of them until they say they want to quit ...

I guess this sounds "harsh" in modern terms ... but I don't think in modern terms ... at least not in this sphere.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:57 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 3769
IMO slaughtering millions of hopeless peons is probably not the right choice... We need to simply make a deal with the Chinese to land a conventional missile in his bowl of Kimchi and destroy most of their military bases. Then let China move in and clean up the mess.

China will be happy to Annex NK and remove their nuclear playing cards..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:00 pm 
First Sergeant

What if the Chinese won't deal? Why should they deal? What's in it for them?

Why do we think one conventional missile will destroy most of their military bases?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:04 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 11008
Anthropoid wrote:
Would flattening downtown Pyongyang with a 5 megaton warhead (and burning most of the rest of it) on a day when Jing Jong _MIGHT_ be in town be plausibly presented as "not a regime change."

Ah fuck it, who cares. Nuke the motherfuckers. Nuke the entire goddamn country, every single village, every single installation, every single person in North Korea: dead . . . well, maybe not _every single person_ . . . you need someone to sign the instrument of surrender.

No need for boots on the ground, no need for American or South Korean casualties whatsoever. No need for the Chinese to get involved or be worried, nor any other nation in the region. Just let the Chinks and Russkies know we are doing it, and you have no say in it whatseover, and unleash the score or so of warheads necessary to carry it out. That is like . . . two missiles from one sub. It could all be over with in like 30 minutes: the end. No more North Korea threat to humanity, period.

That would reestablish humanism and civility in International Relations . . . as long as it was done with utmost swiftness, professionalism and precision. Once the necessary period of brutality was over, then be generous, compassionate, and helpful in rebuilding and reestablishing a civilized country in the north. The fires would be out in less than a week, and as long as all the airbusts were properly dialed, the amount of "fallout" would probably not even reach Fukushima levels. Yes, there would be a LOT of dead babies, and badly burned babies, and tens or even hundreds of thousands of refugees. A failure to move in with the humanitarian occupation effort swiftly could lead to a lot of unnecessary suffering, but we got time to plan and prepare for it, and I think it should be possible to pull it off without a single unnecessary loss of life.

Fuck any idiot who cannot see the reality of how it works.

Wew lad.

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:06 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 3769
Hmm... because they won't want to have a nuclear war on their border ?... They won't have a choice if we start systematically destroying their military.

They already told you it's ok... if we kill the regime they will "move in to assist"...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next