maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 642 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: North Korea Is Best Korea
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:06 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10165
Now here's some fightin words !!!

Quote:
... invite 'destruction of its people'
Published August 09, 2017 Fox News

NOW PLAYING
Mattis: NKorea's actions will be grossly overmatched by ours
If Kim Jong Un won’t listen to President Trump, the Mad Dog could make him heel.

Secretary of Defense James “Mad Dog” Mattis echoed his boss’s fiery warning Wednesday to the dictator of North Korea with harsh rhetoric of his own. And this time, the words came from a battle-tested, four-star U.S. Marine Corps general.

“The DPRK should cease any consideration of actions that would lead to the end of its regime and the destruction of its people.”

- Gen. James "Mad Dog Mattis

“The DPRK must choose to stop isolating itself and stand down its pursuit of nuclear weapons,” Mattis said in a statement. “The DPRK should cease any consideration of actions that would lead to the end of its regime and the destruction of its people.”

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:09 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10165
No double tawk in those words !!!!

Go Mad Dog Go !!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:31 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 3006
Lava wrote:

Sounds to me like a real Mo-Fo has become Commander-in-Chief.
:roll: Or a dimwit who doesn't even know what the nuclear triad is.

Anyway, you and him should set up shop in Seoul to you can monitor closely the utter destruction of all of NKs offensive firepower in 48hrs. What could possibly go wrong right?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:59 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4144
I guess for the intellectual left it goes without saying, we should wait till they have hundreds of em .... :roll:

I got it... let's rely on sanctions instead...until their people are starving and ready to overthrow the regime...... that always works.... :roll:

Fortunately the dimwits have left the building for a while... Maybe some scary unpredictability is exactly what the world needs right now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:24 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 9637
Crowded noisy bar in South Korea...

Quote:
Sufficiency was one of my "4 S's of Strike Success."

Room grows quiet as heads pivot to listen...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:58 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 3603
Snow Leopard wrote:
Anyway, you and him should set up shop in Seoul to you can monitor closely the utter destruction of all of NKs offensive firepower in 48hrs. What could possibly go wrong right?

If I planned it, I'm pretty sure I could find a nice bar there, drink beer and watch the show. ;)

And unlike Saddam Hussein whose big talk was meant to be a deterrent, the problem is, he wasn't launching ICBMs and conducting nuclear tests.

I guess it might seem a bit brutal, but technically we are still at war, so I have no problems with a bolt from the blue. But I bet if you were living in South Korea or Japan right now, you'd be pissing your pants at the prospect of this guy launching nuclear weapons.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:09 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 3603
How can we fear these folks and not have the capability to smash them like a bug?

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:35 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 3006
Lava wrote:

If I planned it, I'm pretty sure I could find a nice bar there, drink beer and watch the show. ;)

And unlike Saddam Hussein whose big talk was meant to be a deterrent, the problem is, he wasn't launching ICBMs and conducting nuclear tests.

I guess it might seem a bit brutal, but technically we are still at war, so I have no problems with a bolt from the blue. But I bet if you were living in South Korea or Japan right now, you'd be pissing your pants at the prospect of this guy launching nuclear weapons.

Seems to me if it was that easy it would have been done by now. Didn't we spend the whole of GF1 trying to wack scuds in a desert and never got one? You think we can wipe out NK's offensive punch before they obliterate Seoul or Tokyo? Dug in, hidden, in tough terrain? Seems unreasonable to me.

I'm on the west coast so I figure given NKs talent I''ve got as much chance to be hit if they target LA as LA does. I don't lose any sleep over it nor would I if lived in Seoul either.

It is a real catch 22 admittedly. Don't want him to have a large sophisticated arsenal, but I don't buy into how easy you think this would be. I'm with those that want to arm SK and Japan with nukes and let them deal with it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:12 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14884
http://hotair.com/archives/2017/08/10/j ... -warheads/

Quote:
Just When Did DIA First Warn About North Korea Nuclear Warheads?

ED MORRISSEYPosted at 10:01 am on August 10, 2017

Earlier this week, the Washington Post shook up the world by reporting that the Defense Intelligence Agency had concluded that North Korea had “successfully produced a miniaturized nuclear warhead that can fit inside its missiles.” The report changed the public calculus on the standoff with the Kim regime, and touched off a war of words between Washington and Pyongyang. However, as Fred Fleitz wrote last night at Fox News, the Post’s story also left out a salient bit of history. The DIA concluded at least four years ago that North Korea had crossed the supposed technological obstacle of miniaturization, and the real emerging threat was the ICBM rather than the warhead (via PJM’s Debra Heine):

Tuesday’s bombshell Washington Post story that the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) has determined North Korea is capable of constructing miniaturized nuclear weapons that could be used as warheads for missiles – possibly ICBMs – left out a crucial fact: DIA actually concluded this in 2013. The Post also failed to mention that the Obama administration tried to downplay and discredit this report at the time.

During an April 11, 2013, House Armed Services Committee hearing, Congressman Doug Lamborn, R-Colo., inadvertently revealed several unclassified sentences from a DIA report that said DIA had determined with “moderate confidence” that North Korea has the capability to make a nuclear weapon small enough to be launched with a ballistic missile.

The Director of National Intelligence and Obama officials subsequently tried to dismiss Lamborn’s disclosure by claiming the DIA assessment was an outlier that did not reflect the views of the rest of the U.S. Intelligence Community.

Interestingly, the Obama administration didn’t exactly deny this at the time. Then-Director of National Intelligence James Clapper downplayed it instead, claiming that the DIA’s conclusion didn’t fit within the consensus intel view:

After the conclusion became public at a Congressional hearing last week, the official, James R. Clapper Jr., the director of national intelligence, issued a statement saying that the position by the Defense Intelligence Agency did not reflect the consensus view of the 15 other intelligence agencies.

But Mr. Clapper, in testimony to the Senate Armed Services Committee, offered new details and a fuller explanation of why the D.I.A.’s conclusion last month — with “moderate confidence” — that North Korea has learned how to shrink a nuclear weapon to fit into a nuclear warhead was at odds with all the other intelligence agencies.

“The difference has to do with the confidence level in the actual ability of the North Koreans to make a weapon that will work in a missile,” Mr. Clapper, said, adding that since the North has yet to test such a weapon, “neither we nor the North Koreans know whether they have such capability.”

Clapper made another key point at the time, which was that Pyongyang had “not yet demonstrated the full range of capabilities necessary for a nuclear armed missile,” which was certainly true for missiles that could hit the continental US. Barack Obama, on the other hand, insisted that North Korea simply couldn’t produce the warheads yet:

President Obama said in an interview broadcast on Tuesday that he did not believe that North Korea yet had the ability to make a nuclear weapon small enough to fit atop a missile.

Supposedly, the issue was miniaturization of the warhead, which was a key point often raised by the Obama administration in arguing that North Korea’s nuclear program was not an imminent threat. Former CIA Director James Woolsey and Congressional advisor Dr. Peter Pry insisted over a year ago that the miniaturization threshold was a myth, and that the ICBM threshold had already been overcome:

The microelectronics revolution solved most technological challenges of warhead miniaturization long ago for North Korea and for all nuclear missile aspirants.

A nuclear missile warhead also needs shock absorbers to soften forces of acceleration during launching and deceleration when re-entering the atmosphere. A heat shield to penetrate the atmosphere, in order to blast a city, is also necessary — these are technologically simple and within North Korea’s capability.

Indeed, in 2013, a publicity photo by state media of North Korea’s KSM-3 satellite interior shows a shock absorber cage, allegedly for an earth observation camera but suitable for a small nuclear weapon. North Korea recently conducted another illegal missile test demonstrating a re-entry vehicle and heat shield.

Pry and Woolsey also noted (again in 2016) that the DIA reiterated its previous 2013 conclusion three years later:

However, defense and intelligence community officials warn North Korea probably already has nuclear armed missiles. The Defense Department’s 2016 report “Military and Security Developments Involving the Democratic People’s Republic of North Korea” warns that, in addition to medium-range missiles, they have six KN-08 mobile nuclear-armed intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) that can strike the U.S. mainland.

Recently, the Pentagon warned North Korea rolled out a new longer-range ICBM, the KN-14, that can probably deliver a nuclear warhead to Chicago.

So the notion that we don’t have to worry about North Korean nuclear missiles because they cannot “miniaturize” warheads is a myth. Adm. William Gortney, Commander of North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) is correct to presume that is the case and to prepare to defend against that threat, as he said last October.

If the DIA reached the same conclusion in 2013 and 2016 that they did this week, why didn’t the media take as much notice of it then? The Obama administration, and Obama himself, seemed content to keep kicking the can down the road, perhaps hoping that quiet diplomacy with China and sanctions pressure would deter the Kim regime. The media appears to have followed their lead, rather than challenge those assumptions. Obama’s gamble has clearly backfired. That would explain why Trump has changed rhetorical tactics, at least, and now wants full pressure on China and North Korea rather than a strategy of passive-aggressive denial.

I interviewed Dr. Peter Pry Tuesday on Relevant Radio to discuss all this and more. The audio archive can be accessed here, although it’s not embeddable. Needless to say, Dr. Pry isn’t terribly optimistic about the options we have left in dealing with this crisis.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:27 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 13767
The U.S. did not even try to cripple Iraq in GF1. U.S. airpower could have destroyed electricity, communications, transportation and commerce in Iraq within 48 hours. But that would have been racist.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 642 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 65  Next