maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: murderer is illegal alien that had been deported five ti
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
It is completely cynnical for Hillary Clinton and and Senator Boxer to be criticizing San Francisco for doing what they publicly announced they would do years ago. It's not like it has been a secret. Nor is this the first case of a criminal being released by SF to avoid ICE deportation. This is just the most publicly disastrous example.

Hillary position seems to be it's OK not to deport ex-felons...just as long as the crime was not "serious" :lol:

The people who voted for the clowns who voted for this polciy in SF are the same people who donated to Clinton's and Boxer's campaigns.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

From a Quick Facts sheet by the US Sentencing Commission (a federal agency):
• Most incarcerated non-citizens were from Mexico (71.0%), followed by Colombia
(4.1%), and the Dominican Republic (3.6%).
http://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/files ... ts_BOP.pdf

That is NOT saying that most Mexicans are incarcerated, or most mexicans are criminals. But it is saying that 71% of incarcerated non-citizens are from Mexico.
That is a fact.

If illegal immigrants commit crimes at a rate that is disproportiionately higher than their numbers here, then doesn't it make sense to focus your scarce resources on this subset of people in the US?

It goes back to the other arguement that we have had on this board:

If most terrorist activities in the US are committed by males between the ages of 18-35, of middle eastern descent, then does it make sense to focus your efforts on black women between the ages of 60-85?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

If 5 drug convictions and 5 illegal (minimum) border crossings are not "serious" crimes then what is? And what does this tell you about border security?

Is the standard no deportation until you murder someone?

Californians of European origin are now a minority in California. That's why so many Clifornia cities are on the list. That's why we have no questions asked drivers licenses. That's why we have no auto impounds for no drivers license or auto insurance (when a moving violation prompts a stop).

Notice how the Feds go after Arpaio for making inmates wear pink jumpsuits and have peanut butter sandwiches but they don't go after the Sherrif of SF for openly flouting federal law.

The Feds send the entire DOJ to investigate Arizona because they pass a law patterned after the Federal law but the SF City Council colelctively drop trou and fart in the general direction of the DOJ for 15 years and nobody does anything.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13981
That looks like an interesting and worthwhile report. But I still don't think it addresses the empirical question that is being pointed at by the title of the Breitbart article "what percentage of sentencings do illegal aliens account for."

The GAO report indicted that as of 2008, about 26 million alien residents in U.S. about 10 million of whom were illegal. U.S. population in 2008 was at about 304.1 million. So illegal aliens comprised an estimated 5/152th (10/304) of the total population, i.e., about 3% of the total population. Those numbers seem totally believable.

Arguing that a segment of the population which comprises 3% of the total somehow accounts for 37% of all the sentencing though; that is difficult to wrap my head around. That would require that the rate of replacement of illegal aliens running lose on the streets outstrip the rate at which they are sequestered behind bars by more than 10x.

One possible clarification of the Breitbart article that occurs to me: a single individual might be the subject of 6, 10 or even 20 "sentencings" in association with a single arrest and incarceration. However, if this is the explanation for the Breitbart claim then it really doesn't say anything about the total quantum of crime committed by illegal aliens much less Latinos. If there are a couple hundred thousand hardcore criminals among the 10 million illegals in the country, most of whom wind up getting arrested and convicted on multiple counts and then receiving mutiple sentencings that might well account for it. It would suggest that, the worst of illegal alien criminals are much worse than the worst of other groups, but it wouldn't necessarily reflect on Illegals as a whole nor on Latinos as a whole.

Based on what I know about the drug cartels and the Latino gangs I can totally believe that the worst from those overlapping cultural segments are indeed worse than the worst of other segments.

One other quibble: much of the GAO report seems to be based on a random sample of 1000 illegal aliens in the criminal database(s). I tend to be very skeptical when social scientists toss around that term "random sample." In most cases, if you actually have the facility to conduct a truly random sampling, i.e., a situation where you draw from a total population and each and every member of that population has a totally equal and independent chance to be selected and entered into the sample, then you already have the capacity to at least describe the whole population if not analyze it in some depth. Given we are not talking about enormous numbers here, I cannot see why, if they were actually in a position to do a true random sample, why not just go ahead and characterize the whole population!?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

Not sure if this helps your confort level at all:

Quote:
We determined that the data in our study were sufficiently reliable for the
purposes of this report by analyzing available documentation, such as
related data dictionaries, conducting tests to identify missing data or
anomalies, and following up with agency officials knowledgeable about
the data to address any questions about the data. We conducted this
performance audit from October 2009 through March 2011 in accordance
with generally accepted government auditing standards.10
Those standards
require that we plan and perform the audit to obtain sufficient, appropriate
evidence to provide a reasonable basis for our findings and conclusions
based on our audit objectives. We believe that the evidence obtained
provides a reasonable basis for our findings and conclusions based on our
audit objectives.

Still looking throught the USSC report to see if I can find any answers to your question.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:44 pm 
Sergeant Major

Also regarding your statement:

Quote:
One other quibble: much of the GAO report seems to be based on a random sample of 1000 illegal aliens in the criminal database(s). I tend to be very skeptical when social scientists toss around that term "random sample." In most cases, if you actually have the facility to conduct a truly random sampling, i.e., a situation where you draw from a total population and each and every member of that population has a totally equal and independent chance to be selected and entered into the sample, then you already have the capacity to at least describe the whole population if not analyze it in some depth. Given we are not talking about enormous numbers here, I cannot see why, if they were actually in a position to do a true random sample, why not just go ahead and characterize the whole population!?

I would suspect (and I have nothing to back this up, just a feeling) that the General Accountability Office is made up more by employees who are auditors and bean counters than it is by "social scientists".

I spent a couple years with a past employer doing "testing" for compliance of company rules and policies.
"testing" is similar to, but not exactly the same thing as "auditing".
They do however have some things in common such as how "sampling" is done.
There are generally accepted rules that are followed for pulling sample pools to ensure that you have a valid sampling of your overall populuation that is being tested.

This sampling methodology is the generally the same regardless of what it is that you are testing or auditing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:08 pm 
Sergeant Major

http://www.breitbart.com/california/201 ... emembered/

Quote:
KATHRYN ‘KATE’ STEINLE REMEMBERED

by MICHELLE MOONS
11 Jul 2015
Las Vegas, NV0

Kathryn “Kate” Steinle was a 32-year-old woman in the prime of her young life, beloved by family and friends, when she was shot and killed at Pier 14 in San Francisco while walking with her father.

The incident that took her life at Pier 14 in San Francisco on July 1 has been widely circulated in the media as a multiple deportee felon has been charged with causing her death. But Thursday’s service held in memory of Kate Steinle was simply about remembering a young woman taken from her family and friends too soon.

Those closest to Kate, her family and friends have shared some of their memories. Messages from her brother and a coworker are included here intact that they may best capture who she was.

Kate’s big brother Brad shared his memories on a memorial fundraising webpage created in her name. His message reads:

I am Kate’s big brother, Brad. And days ago the most loving, beautiful, and amazing person was taken from us…my best friend, my love, my sister. Kate had a special soul, a kind and giving heart, the most contagious laugh I have ever heard and smile I have ever seen. Kate loved to laugh, travel, spend time with friends, and most of all loved her family.

Please remember every day that love is all that matters. Loving friends, loving life, and most of all loving your family.

The day before Kate died she changed her Facebook cover photo with a saying that said “Whatever’s good for your soul……….do that.” Please always remember Kate and live your life by these words.

We are truly grateful for all of the love and support that we have received and the idea that so many people want to keep Kate’s legacy alive. We set up this page as a way to remember her and as a tribute to the amazing soul that she was. Any funds collected will be used to help the family continue to move forward and to support the causes close to Kate’s heart. A portion of the funds will be used to support the charities listed below, but you can also make donations directly to them in Kate’s honor.

As of Friday afternoon the site had reached over $37,000 in donations from 332 donors.

Another fundraising effort spearheaded by Kate’s coworkers on GiveForward has raised over $26,000 from over 340 donors as of Friday afternoon. Hung Ly shared a message of remembrance on the page that referenced Thursday’s memorial service.

I have seen this phenomenon several times, but I did not know it had a name until Kate’s dad Jim mentioned it in his address at Kate’s memorial service yesterday. During Kate’s father’s speech, he mentioned a term the Steinles had coined- the Kate Effect. It describes the way that she had with people, the way “every guy had a secret (or not-so-secret) crush on her, and every girl wanted to be her best friend.” Her openness, easy demeanor, and adventurous spirit made her irresistible.

One of my own Kate Effect stories involves my family. Those who worked with Kate know that no one just “works with Kate.” That’s just not how she operated- she becomes a part of your life, and you become a part of hers. Kate had joined Medtronic just a few months before we had our second child, when our older daughter was just over 3 years old. Kate stopped by shortly after our son was born with a gift for him- a personalized onesie that read “Little Brother” above his name. My daughter watched us open the gift with a peculiar look on her face- the look of a formerly only child who was now no longer the center of attention. Of course Kate noticed, so she bent down to get eye to eye with our daughter, gave her a little wink, reached into her bag, and pulled out a beautifully wrapped package. Our daughter’s eyes lit up as she unwrapped the gift to reveal a personalized shirt that read “Sweetest Big Sister” above her name. Our daughter beamed Kate a huge smile and fell in love with her in that instant.

The charities listed are Challenged Athlete’s Foundation and PAWS.

Follow Michelle Moons on Twitter @MichelleDiana

Kathryn Steinle sounds like she was a remarkable woman whose life was cut much too short.

RIP.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:53 pm 
Sergeant Major

So here is a gimpse into Francisco Sanchez, a non-violent drug offender, criminal history:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/08/franc ... -of-crime/

Quote:
Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez, the 45-year-old illegal alien who confessed to fatally shooting 32-year-old Kathryn Steinle in San Francisco last week, used more than 30 aliases throughout his life of crime, government sources tell The Daily Caller.

Lopez-Sanchez’s record, which stretches back nearly 25 years, shows three lengthy federal prison sentences for felony illegal re-entry. It also shows that on many occasions, Lopez-Sanchez was deported back to Mexico only to illegally re-enter the U.S. within days.

Quote:
Criminal History

According to information provided by the anonymous government sources, Lopez-Sanchez entered the U.S. illegally for the first time before May 1991. His first documented interaction with U.S. courts came on May 13 of that year when he was convicted of inhaling toxic vapors. He was sentenced to one year in jail and sentenced to five years’ probation.

Feb. 2, 1993: Lopez-Sanchez is convicted of felony heroin possession in Washington state criminal court and sentenced to 21 days in jail.

May 12, 1993: Convicted of felony narcotics manufacturing in Washington and sentenced to nine months in jail.

Nov. 2, 1993: Convicted of felony heroin possession in Pierce County, Wash. and sentenced to four months in jail.

June 9, 1994: Convicted of misdemeanor imitation controlled substance in Multnomah, Ore. and ordered to pay a fine.

June 10, 1994: Lopez-Sanchez is arrested by Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), the forerunner to ICE, and convicted of a controlled substance violation and an aggravated felony. A federal immigration judge orders him deported on June 20, and he is removed to Mexico.

July 14, 1994: Lopez-Sanchez illegally re-enters the U.S. after his first deportation and falls into the hands of Arizona state authorities. His probation is revoked and he is sentenced to 93 days in jail.

July 11, 1996: Lopez-Sanchez is arrested in Washington and convicted of felony heroin possession. He is sentenced to 12 months, plus one day in prison.

March 12, 1997: INS arrests Lopez-Sanchez on an Order to Show Cause and charges him as a deportable alien because of his illegal re-entry and his aggravated felony conviction. He is deported back to Mexico for the second time on April 4, 1997.

July 22, 1997: Lopez-Sanchez is arrested in Arizona for his first known act of violence on an assault and threatening/intimidation charge. Government sources are unsure of the outcome of this case.

Jan. 13, 1998: Lopez-Sanchez is arrested by U.S. Border Patrol agents. Two days later, an immigration judge orders him removed, and he is deported for the third time on Feb. 2 of that year.

Feb. 8, 1998: Lopez-Sanchez illegally re-enters the U.S. six days after his previous deportation but is apprehended by U.S. Border Patrol.

Sept. 3, 1998: He is convicted of felony re-entry in U.S. District Court and sentenced to 63 months in prison.

Feb. 20, 2003: Seemingly at the end of his prison sentence, the U.S. Bureau of Prisons hands Lopez-Sanchez over to INS. He is deported again to Mexico on March 6.

July 4, 2003: Lopez-Sanchez again illegally re-enters the U.S. and is apprehended by U.S. Border Patrol, this time in Texas.

Nov. 7, 2003: Lopez-Sanchez is convicted of two federal charges — re-entry after removal and violation of a supervised federal release. He is sentenced to 51 months and 21 months for the charges, respectively.

June 29, 2009: After a lengthy prison sentence, the U.S. Bureau of Prisons hands Lopez-Sanchez over to ICE. He is immediately deported to Mexico.

Sept. 20, 2009: Lopez-Sanchez again re-enters the U.S. illegally. This time he is arrested by U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents in Eagle Pass, Tex.

Oct. 14, 2009: A U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Texas files for a re-indictment of Lopez-Sanchez for illegal re-entry after removal. He is charged in Sept. 2010, for violating federal probation.

May 12, 2011: Lopez-Sanchez is sentenced to 46 months in prison and 36 months of supervised release for illegal re-entry and probation violations. Two months later, ICE places a detainer request with the Bureau of Prisons upon his release from prison. In Oct. 2013, ICE’s Southern California Security Communities Support Center places a similar detainer request with the Bureau of Prisons.

March 26, 2015: After serving his sentence in federal prison in Victorville, Cal., Lopez-Sanchez is released and handed over directly to the San Francisco sheriff’s department, which had a warrant out for felony sale of marijuana. The next day, ICE received an automatic electronic notification that Lopez-Sanchez had been placed into the custody of the San Francisco sheriff’s department. ICE then placed a detainer request with the sheriff to be notified prior to Lopez-Sanchez’s release.

April 15, 2015: The San Francisco sheriff’s department releases Lopez-Sanchez from its custody without notifying ICE.

July 1, 2015: Lopez-Sanchez allegedly shoots Steinle on San Francisco’s Pier 14 as she is walking with her father and a friend. Steinle dies. Lopez-Sanchez is arrested soon after.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:53 am 
Sergeant Major

http://www.krgv.com/news/local-news/Mex ... r/34190460

Quote:
Mexican National now a Prime Suspect for a Double-Murder

Warrant issued 8 months after bodies were found

POSTED: 08:36 PM CDT Jul 15, 2015

{news video at above link]

WESLACO -
Martin Casimiro Margarito is now the prime suspect in a pair of murders. A warrant for his arrest was issued eight months after the bodies were found.

In October, CHANNEL 5NEWS first reported the kidnapping of Elia Margarita Flores. She was yanked from her truck at gunpoint. Hidalgo County deputies said several people kidnapped the 39-year-old woman. Victor Manuel Garcia was also kidnapped from that scene in Pharr. Garcia’s body was found stuffed in trash bags, dumped north of McAllen. Flores’s body was found days after her kidnapping. Her body was found in a field, north of Donna.

Investigators determined both of the victims were gunned down. The two victims were involved in human smuggling. Hidalgo County Sherriff’s deputies said they have evidence to prove it.

CHANNEL 5 NEWS found court documents that showed that Martin Casimiro Margarito repeatedly entered the country illegally.

Federal documents showed that Margarito waded or rafted across the Rio Grande River four times in 2007 and was caught by Border Patrol agents.

Margarito served a total of 130 days in federal prison for his four illegal re-entries into the country. He paid $40 for the crime and was ordered to deport every time.

Margarito made it back into the U.S. again, and Flores and Garcia were found murdered in November 2014, two months later. His latest run-in with federal authorities led him to McAllen for an alleged kidnapping for ransom.

In January, a man called police and said he escaped from a home on North 5th Street. The caller said he was kidnapped, because he lost a drug load. Police raided the house.
Police found another person tied up during the house raid. Margarito and a teen were arrested. The Mexican national reportedly also had a number of guns in the home.

Margarito struck a plea deal with federal authorities on that case. He will be sentenced in August.

The office of U.S. Congressman Henry Cuellar released a statement to CHANNEL 5 NEWS about the deportation of criminal undocumented immigrants:
Congressman Cuellar "supports the deportation of criminal undocumented immigrants who pose a threat to national security, border security and public safety, including convicted felons and those engaged in terrorism, espionage, murder and the attempted re-entry into the United States."

The congressman participated in a Homeland Security hearing on Tuesday. Cuellar voted in favor of an amendment that would immediately deport undocumented immigrants who pose an immediate threat to security and safety.

Martin Casimiro Margarito will be sentenced in August for the incident in January. Hidalgo County is working to get him charged for last year’s murders of Elia Margarita Flores and Victor Manuel Garcia.

Hidalgo County deputies are still searching for suspects in last year’s kidnapping. Anyone with information linked to the crime should contact the Hidalgo County Sheriff’s Office.

Drug smuggling, kidnapping, human smuggling, murder.

This guy is a valuable contributor to society, no?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:08 pm 
Sergeant Major

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinio ... e_shooting

Quote:
Deportation's revolving door: Suspects in Lawrence shooting shouldn't have been in U.S.

Monday, July 20, 2015
By:
Hillary Chabot

Deportation orders failed to oust two illegal immigrants who are now up on drug charges and under investigation in the July 4 shooting death of a Lawrence grandmother — in an alarming case that critics say illustrates a revolving immigration door with dangerous consequences.

Dominican Republic nationals Wilton Lara-Calmona and Jose M. Lara-Mejia were arrested on drug charges by police investigating the shooting death of Mirta Rivera, 41. The Lawrence nurse was killed in her sleep by a gunshot fired through the ceiling from an upstairs apartment, where both men lived.

But Immigration and Customs Enforcement records reviewed by the Herald show the men shouldn’t have been in the country in the first place.

Lara-Calmona, 38, was deported in April 2012 and arrested for re-entering the country last November, the records show.

Lara-Mejia, 35, was nabbed crossing the border in August 2013 and ordered deported in April 2014, but had remained in the country illegally.

ICE spokesman Shawn Neudauer confirmed that Lara-Mejia “was ordered removed by a federal immigration judge on April 9, 2014, after failing to appear before the immigration court. He was considered an ICE fugitive until his July 4, 2015, arrest by local authorities in Lawrence, Massachusetts.

Rivera’s shocking shooting death — killed as she lay in her bed — comes as the country’s immigration policies are under renewed scrutiny. Only days before the Lawrence shooting, an illegal immigrant previously deported five times allegedly shot and killed a young woman walking on a busy San Francisco pier with her father.

“Basically we’re hanging a huge ‘welcome back,’ sign for them,” said Jessica Vaughan, director of policy studies with the Center for Immigration Studies. “Illegal immigrants who have already been deported see a reason to come back because they are not afraid of immigration enforcement once they get here.”

Vaughan said crime involving illegals could be preventable, but the Obama administration has encouraged officials to look the other way when it comes to enforcing immigration laws — like the law that carries a two-year prison sentence for illegal re-entry, 10 years when it involves a felony crime.

“There is a law on the books intended to make people think twice after they get deported, but the problem is the U.S. attorneys often will not prosecute until someone has been deported multiple times,” Vaughan said.

Lara-Mejia, Lara-Calmona and Christopher Paganmoux, 22, who all live on the second floor above Rivera on Exchange Street, were charged with trafficking heroin and cocaine after police said they found drugs as well as a “clear and obvious” rifle bullet hole in Lara-Mejia’s second-floor bedroom, according to police records.

Police arrived at 4:26 a.m. at the home of Rivera to find her “lying supine on the bed, pulseless, not breathing, eyes fixed front, staring straight at the ceiling,” wrote Lawrence police officer Frank Bradley.

Bradley quickly found a hole in the ceiling above her with “plaster hanging down.” Bradley then burst into the apartment upstairs, where, “the smell of fresh burnt gunpowder was strong and evident,” and rounded up the three suspects from their bedrooms.

Officers also searched the apartment and outside the building, found a Sears and Roebuck .270 bolt action rifle that matched the bullet found in Rivera’s mattress, according to the police report.

All three men have been held on high bail since their arraignment, but their lawyers deny that they have any connection to their neighbor’s death. A spokeswoman with the Essex District Attorney’s Office said Friday that the incident is still under investigation.

But according to Vaughan, lax immigration enforcement is the reason two of those three were in the apartment full of drugs and gunsmoke that day.

“The Obama administration is being way too generous and allowing people who are public safety threats to remain here,” she said.

Quote:
The Lawrence nurse was killed in her sleep by a gunshot fired through the ceiling from an upstairs apartment, where both men lived

Quote:
Lara-Mejia, Lara-Calmona and Christopher Paganmoux, 22, who all live on the second floor above Rivera on Exchange Street, were charged with trafficking heroin and cocaine after police said they found drugs as well as a “clear and obvious” rifle bullet hole in Lara-Mejia’s second-floor bedroom, according to police records.

Quote:
Bradley quickly found a hole in the ceiling above her with “plaster hanging down.” Bradley then burst into the apartment upstairs, where, “the smell of fresh burnt gunpowder was strong and evident,” and rounded up the three suspects from their bedrooms.

Quote:
Officers also searched the apartment and outside the building, found a Sears and Roebuck .270 bolt action rifle that matched the bullet found in Rivera’s mattress, according to the police report.

I'm not Sherlock Holmes but there seems to be some pretty compelling evidence.

Meanwhile..... "All three men have been held on high bail since their arraignment, but their lawyers deny that they have any connection to their neighbor’s death.
:lol:
Of course they deny any connection.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next