maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 188  Next
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:34 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15927
Facepalm.

Europe is so screwed.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:02 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5420
chijohnaok wrote:

From the comments section:

"They need to exterminate ALL of them."

:mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:03 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16211
wulfir wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

From the comments section:

"They need to exterminate ALL of them."

:mrgreen:

Also in the comments section
Quote:
It's a wonder there are any Swedes left in the police. You join up because you want to maintain law and order in what was once a civilised country, and instead find yourself in a war zone being attacked by baying third-world hyenas, and getting no support from politicians. Who would want to go on putting up with that?

Quote:
When European governments actively support the mass immigration of a bloc of NA/ME people who have no regard for rule of law , personal property, nor the courts...what is the inevitable result ? THIS. When said immigrants are encouraged/allowed to establish and maintain enclaves (no multi-culti for them , is there ?) within our cities ? Also THIS. When the shepherd brings in wolves, who is really to blame when they ACT like wolves ? It's the nature of a wolf to kill sheep. It's NOT supposed to be the nature of shepherds to allow it.

Quote:
Sweden has a brandnew party called AfS Alternative for Sweden. (in swedish, Alternativ för Sverige). They want to deport 500.000 "migrants" and want to get rid of the asylum system completely. Hope they will get sooooo many votes that they get into power.

etc., etc., etc.

Mostly reasonable intelligent comments with a sprinkling of hyperbolic overgeneralized comments like the one you cite (which I didn't even see after scrolling down 100 posts or so).

So what is your point?

Ah, here we go
Quote:
Share ›

WalterBannon Etchmiadzin • 4 hours ago
They need to exterminate ALL of them.

•Reply•Share ›

Scrolled down and clicked Load More Comments a couple times and a search on "exerminate" reveals it.

So WalterBanon is channeling Brievik. So what?

"Exterminating them" sounds unjust and criminal to me, but in an actual war that is pretty much what you do to your enemy. So while I wouldn't condone such statements in this context, I also wouldn't say it is completely over the top. Islam has been engaging in war against the West for several decades now, if one is comfortable with assigning the terminology that way.

If I were Emperor of Sweden, here is what I'd do.
1. Draft a pledge of citizenship. This would essentially espouse a superlative commitment to the core values of Swedish democratic society: secularism, tolerance, rule of law, individual human rights, etc. It could include a few clauses which were clearly phrased so as to put devout anti-Western Muslims in a hard spot: i.e., clauses with which they cannot agree if they adhere to a supremacist, expansionist, violence-normative, intolerant version of Islam.
2. Require all non-native born residents/citizens to visit a local court to take this pledge on video tape in front of a certified witness board. Also offer the opportunity to any native born resident/citizen.
3. Any who refuse or delay past some portion of time are deported to their original point of origin.

End of story.

You either live like the Romans when in Rome or you GTFO.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
My take on Wolfie's point is that since 1 out of a hundred people have an extreme opinion they should be banned.

If that's not what he meant then I would love to hear his what he thinks.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:48 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Anthropoid wrote:
"Exterminating them" sounds unjust and criminal to me, but in an actual war that is pretty much what you do to your enemy. So while I wouldn't condone such statements in this context, I also wouldn't say it is completely over the top. Islam has been engaging in war against the West for several decades now, if one is comfortable with assigning the terminology that way.

Fighting a war against cockroaches, Anth... :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:55 pm 
Staff Sergeant

chijohnaok wrote:
My take on Wolfie's point is that since 1 out of a hundred people have an extreme opinion they should be banned.

Not sure what you mean with 'they'...?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:18 pm 
Sergeant Major

wulfir wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

Not sure what you mean with 'they'...?

OK, I will clarify.

If one out of a hundred people have an extreme opinion, THAT PERSON should be banned.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:24 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16211
Well, the point of difference very likely lies at the point of concluding that either (a) Islam (a whole worldview with billions of adherents) is culpable; (b) Islam is not in anyway culpable.

Once upon a time, I probably lay right at the midpoint between those two suppositions, and leaning a bit toward (b).

As the years have progressed and I have learned more, I have swayed sufficiently into the (a) range that I feel comfortable at this point stating unequivocally: Islam is culpable for the crimes which Islamists commit. Islam needs to reform or be "exterminated" as a worldview.

The preferable manner of that would be to "ban it" much the way other recent pernicious worldviews (e.g., Nazism) have been "banned;" meaning no persons are automatically harmed or imposed upon because of their current or former association with the worldview (the Nuremberg trials did not just go along the line of "You're a Nazi, to the noose!"). But rather, persons who have proclaimed incitement to crime in the name of the worldview are dealt with according to proper secular, liberal humanist due process; Persons with former association with the worldview are identified and held in sufficient oversight that any potential harm they might cause is mitigated; Persons who wish to disavow their former association with it, and thus allay concerns over themselves as a source of risk, are given such an opportunity; the worldview itself is either illegalized, or highly restricted, and is almost universally held in disregard and suspicion.

Most places on Earth at this point in time, going out in public and proclaiming onself to be a proud Nazi are, at best regarded as inappropriate, ignorant and wrong (as well as gauche), and at worst criminal. Such is not the case with Islam yet. Once it is the same with Islam--or at least the unreformed current global forms of it which facilitate Islamist supremacist violence and hatred-- then all will be right with the world.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:51 pm 
Staff Sergeant

chijohnaok wrote:
OK, I will clarify.

If one out of a hundred people have an extreme opinion, THAT PERSON should be banned.

Thanks.

I'm not a big fan of bans, so nah - it's not my position. What would that accomplish? Also - the viewpoint of THAT PERSON is not all that controversial in the anti-migration crowd. At least over here. Extermination in the form of genocide sounds bad of course, but to obliterate them could also mean to assimilate them I guess - which is acceptable to some of that very anti-migration crowd. My experience is however that the anti-migration crowd over here is not at all as relaxed about skin colour and orign like for example Anthro is. ;)

I have a bunch of gaming buddies who don't like Islam one bit. One of them from Trondheim, Norway, said the other day - on the topic of migration from southern countries up north:
"You know a polar bear doesn't fuck a brown bear. That shit doesn't work..."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:55 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
Most places on Earth at this point in time, going out in public and proclaiming onself to be a proud Nazi are, at best regarded as inappropriate, ignorant and wrong (as well as gauche), and at worst criminal. Such is not the case with Islam yet. Once it is the same with Islam--or at least the unreformed current global forms of it which facilitate Islamist supremacist violence and hatred-- then all will be right with the world.

I don't think that we are anywhere close to that happening.....not because its isn't clearly becoming evident to be true (that Islam is an influence on violence and extremism).

Rather it will not happen because to do so, calling out an entire religion like that, would upset the disciples of multi-culteralism and you would be branded an Islamophobe and a racist (since many Muslims are brown and black).

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 188  Next