maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 138  Next
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:58 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4545
nero wrote:
Funny this international nationalism, lead by Putin's Russia; the last and best hope for white Christians. :roll:

I can understand the left given the legacy of the Soviet Union and really who else do they have...`, but the right? Given Barbarossa, the Commie era, Putin's KGB past, Russias multiethnic make up including Muslims - I hear there are parts of the Russian Federation where they pretty much have sharia law already... :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:10 pm 
Sergeant

EUBanana wrote:
Maybe they are pro Putin.

Seems to me that Putin is fighting the West and some people in the West are sympathetic to Putin. I don't think he much cares if he gets support from the left or the right - he doesn't have any idelogical struggle to wage like the old USSR. If the environment apocalypse had been as effective at stirring up shit in Sweden as the migration apocalypse I bet Putin's trolls would have made that their priority.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14300
Russia isn't even in the G7 any more.

He's not doing a very good job.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:28 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19399
EUBanana wrote:
Russia isn't even in the G7 any more.

Putin is not as good at running his country into the ground as the Kim's in North Korea or the Chavez-Maduro dynamic duo in Venezuela............but he is working on it.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:39 pm 
Sergeant

EUBanana wrote:

Some think Putin himself controls more money directly and indirectly than any individual in human history. But it all depends on his ability to stay in power - and while energy export was Russia's thing Putin sure does not make it easier for Russia to export energy...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14300
wulfir wrote:
EUBanana wrote:

Some think Putin himself controls more money directly and indirectly than any individual in human history. But it all depends on his ability to stay in power - and while energy export was Russia's thing Putin sure does not make it easier for Russia to export energy...

I'm sure he personally is doing alright.

But Russia is not.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:47 pm 
Sergeant Major

wulfir wrote:
EUBanana wrote:

If I recall, didn't Russia at one time have almost a lock on natural gas exports to much of Europe.

Putin's anti-Midas touch managed to turn that all to shit.

Actually, seems that I was wrong (about it turning to shit):

Quote:

https://www.ft.com/content/7b86f4be-f08 ... 7e26d1aca4

JANUARY 3, 2018 7
Russia's gas exports to Europe rose 8.1 per cent last year to a record level of 193.9bn cubic metres (bcm), despite rising competition and concerns about the country’s dominance of supply.

State-run Gazprom, the world’s largest gas producer, has a monopoly over Russia’s network of pipelines to Europe and supplies close to 40 per cent of Europe’s gas. But it has been forced to lower its prices in recent years to protect its market share in the face of moves by EU member states to buy more gas from the US, Qatar and other producers.

So Russia has had to lower their prices but they still supply a shitload of gas to the EU.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:41 am 
Sergeant

chijohnaok wrote:
So Russia has had to lower their prices but they still supply a shitload of gas to the EU.

Germany wanted to build a sort of dependence on energy export from Russia - so the poor Russkie outcast would be more included and "join the club", what could go wrong?
But Putin likes to use energy to bully countries. If he is unhappy he'll turn off the tap which is problematic if you depend on it - like many nations in the east.

This is one area where Finland and Sweden are not in agreement - if you look at the different responses to Nordstream 2.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:45 am 
Sergeant

EUBanana wrote:
I'm sure he personally is doing alright.

But Russia is not.

He is riding a tiger though. If he gets off it - it's over.

I imagine Putin's reign in Russia must end with death, one way or another. Maybe exile - but I would not bet on him taking that route...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:58 am 
Sergeant Major

wulfir wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

Germany wanted to build a sort of dependence on energy export from Russia - so the poor Russkie outcast would be more included and "join the club", what could go wrong?
But Putin likes to use energy to bully countries. If he is unhappy he'll turn off the tap which is problematic if you depend on it - like many nations in the east.

This is one area where Finland and Sweden are not in agreement - if you look at the different responses to Nordstream 2.

My bold emphasis above.

I remember reading him about turning the pipeline to the Ukraine on and off.....although I think I also recall that Ukraine was way behind on payments for that gas.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 138  Next