maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1876 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 188  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:17 am 
Offline
Staff Sergeant

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:41 pm
Posts: 3442
Reputation points: 5420
EUBanana wrote:
What propaganda is that? The yet another mass rape story that just broke over here perhaps?


Anti-Jewish propaganda from Nazi Germany, Der Ewige Jude, Der Stürmer etc.

Current anti-Muslim propaganda in Swedish "news sites" like Fria Tider, Samhällsnytt or Nyheter Idag carry the idea that foreigners from shithole countries are parasites.


EUBanana wrote:
The only propaganda I see on the subject is how this sort of thing is routinely covered up or downplayed.


I looked through the bigger Swedish anti-immigration "news" sites and they all fail to mention the latest poisoning of a former Russian intelligence officer. Would hardly have been the case if there had been the slightest chance Skripal's killers had been of Muslim origin...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:41 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 11606
Reputation points: 17050
wulfir wrote:
EUBanana wrote:
What propaganda is that? The yet another mass rape story that just broke over here perhaps?


Anti-Jewish propaganda from Nazi Germany, Der Ewige Jude, Der Stürmer etc.

Current anti-Muslim propaganda in Swedish "news sites" like Fria Tider, Samhällsnytt or Nyheter Idag carry the idea that foreigners from shithole countries are parasites.


EUBanana wrote:
The only propaganda I see on the subject is how this sort of thing is routinely covered up or downplayed.


I looked through the bigger Swedish anti-immigration "news" sites and they all fail to mention the latest poisoning of a former Russian intelligence officer. Would hardly have been the case if there had been the slightest chance Skripal's killers had been of Muslim origin...


Well, I don't know about the Swedish media, or indeed the Swedish situation in general really, was referring more to the British media there tbh.

I suspect as European countries it's all much of a muchness, though.

I kinda get the impresison that Skripal being nerve gassed is a godsend to the BBC, it means headlines about Putin being a bad man can be all over the headlines for weeks, and 1500 girls being raped in Telford by Pakistanis while the authorities did nothing out of political correctness can be quietly ignored.

Even now I had a quick look at the BBC site, the mass rape is nowhere to be seen on the main page, the Russia stuff has several articles though. As I said, if there's any propaganda going on it's not anti-Muslim, far from it.

The annoying thing is, from my point of view as a vaguely stoic sort, there's nothing we can really do about the Skripal poisoning in the nuclear age. Basically it's spy games. We can throw out the ambassador, we can boycott the world cup in Russia. Aside from that it's just business as usual tbh. We contain Russia as best we can as an active member of NATO and generally being their opponent in a geopolitical sense, such as it's possible for the UK to do. So really... meh? Hopefully MI6 will go poison a defector or something.

On the other hand, importing cultures which serious problems adopting civilised values is actually something we can do something about, so for me it's a far more valid political talking point. The media disagrees vehemently about that. ;)

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:33 am 
Offline
Staff Sergeant

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:41 pm
Posts: 3442
Reputation points: 5420
EUBanana wrote:
The annoying thing is, from my point of view as a vaguely stoic sort, there's nothing we can really do about the Skripal poisoning in the nuclear age. Basically it's spy games. We can throw out the ambassador, we can boycott the world cup in Russia. Aside from that it's just business as usual tbh.


I'm not ready to give up, full scale invasion of Russia might be undoable but we can do what Kasparov says "put preassure on the King" - I think sanctions directed against Putin himself and his top buddies is doable and more effective than punishing the whole of Russia.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:49 am 
Offline
Staff Sergeant

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:07 pm
Posts: 3586
Reputation points: 6135
That Putin fellow is not too smart is he? Using that nerve agent with the made in Russia label...

_________________
"You can always spot the fool. He's the one that's sure he's right."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:05 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 11606
Reputation points: 17050
wulfir wrote:
EUBanana wrote:
The annoying thing is, from my point of view as a vaguely stoic sort, there's nothing we can really do about the Skripal poisoning in the nuclear age. Basically it's spy games. We can throw out the ambassador, we can boycott the world cup in Russia. Aside from that it's just business as usual tbh.


I'm not ready to give up, full scale invasion of Russia might be undoable but we can do what Kasparov says "put preassure on the King" - I think sanctions directed against Putin himself and his top buddies is doable and more effective than punishing the whole of Russia.


It's not a question of giving up. There's pressure being put on NATO right now, things are happening.

I just don't think it's a big deal in the great scheme of things. 22 people poisoned (Skripal himself I couldn't give a damn about, that's just spy games, the only injuries I care about are to innocent Brits in Salisbury) which we can do some small things about, vs thousands upon thousands of girls raped we can do a lot about.

A complete no brainer as to where the priorities lie for me.

Of course the shrugging and giving up is happening alright - to the raped girls.

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:49 am 
Offline
Staff Sergeant

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:41 pm
Posts: 3442
Reputation points: 5420
EUBanana wrote:
I just don't think it's a big deal in the great scheme of things.


I don't think Putin will stop, being a dictator and all. Chemical Weapons are WMDs, right - should be a big ass no-no...

Anti-immigration news sites in Sweden are mostly concerned about some Canadian and American Islam critical journalists/induviduals being denied entry to the UK. ;)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:04 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 11606
Reputation points: 17050
wulfir wrote:
EUBanana wrote:
I just don't think it's a big deal in the great scheme of things.


I don't think Putin will stop, being a dictator and all. Chemical Weapons are WMDs, right - should be a big ass no-no...


I don't think it's a big deal because there's not a lot to do about it. Boycotting the World Cup? Harsh letters? Well hoo-fuckin' ray. I don't care. That's kinda what I mean by stoic.

I expect UKgov to go through the motions of course, to write the letters, make the sanctions, slap the hand. They have to do that. I'm not going to be wasting my brain cycles thinking about it though unless the morons really do start a shooting war over it.

Which they won't.

WMD, well, it injured (not killed...yet. touch wood.) 22 innocent people. So it's not as bad as a peaceful truck.

Quote:
Anti-immigration news sites in Sweden are mostly concerned about some Canadian and American Islam critical journalists/induviduals being denied entry to the UK. ;)


That's because it is a bigger deal. The British government is not derelict in it's duty regarding Putin. It's doing everything I expect it to do.

But it really is grossly derelict in it's duty regarding our rapey guests. Heads should be rolling, policy should be changed. Instead we see blatant attempts to shut down dissent. This will impact Brits far more than Putin ever will, short of that shooting war, and more importantly, due entirely to avoidable British political failure.

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:19 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:33 pm
Posts: 20949
Location: LV-426
Reputation points: 15927
The question is what happens when Putin grows old and dies, or, alternatively, is offed by someone who is tired of his bullshit?

_________________
"Fuck the king." - Sandor Clegane

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:22 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 11606
Reputation points: 17050
mdiehl wrote:
The question is what happens when Putin grows old and dies, or, alternatively, is offed by someone who is tired of his bullshit?


A nutty dictatorship with nukes has never been toppled by an external force, and more, it's hard to imagine a scenario where they would be toppled.

I guess you're right though, we just have to wait him out, and hope that what comes after is an improvement. There's probably a bit here and there that we can do about it.

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:55 pm 
Offline
Hair in the soap
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:46 am
Posts: 19268
Reputation points: 18052
EUBanana wrote:
wulfir wrote:

I'm not ready to give up, full scale invasion of Russia might be undoable but we can do what Kasparov says "put preassure on the King" - I think sanctions directed against Putin himself and his top buddies is doable and more effective than punishing the whole of Russia.


It's not a question of giving up. There's pressure being put on NATO right now, things are happening.

I just don't think it's a big deal in the great scheme of things. 22 people poisoned (Skripal himself I couldn't give a damn about, that's just spy games, the only injuries I care about are to innocent Brits in Salisbury) which we can do some small things about, vs thousands upon thousands of girls raped we can do a lot about.

A complete no brainer as to where the priorities lie for me.

Of course the shrugging and giving up is happening alright - to the raped girls.


The big surrender appears to cover even more than the authorities turning a blind eye to all the "Asian" pimps owning underage sex slaves.

It's violence, and threats of violence, from whole neighborhoods of hostile foreign muslims. The authorities, being too scared of being called "racist" for enforcing the law on them, have essentially become their enforcers. Reminds me of crooked prohibition police departments here in the US, except the muslims don't even have to pay them to enforce their Sharia blasphemy laws, or allow them to run sex slave rings.

What next? Will they begin enforcing full Sharia for them?

It's obvious that the more aggressive culture will become the dominant one over time. Now that the government is practicing double standards under the law, cracking down on those critical of the situation and their policies, it's just a question of how long until something gives. One way or another. The government leadership has already surrendered, as you can see.

Islam is an aggressive expansionist religion. It was created to conquer and instill itself as both the law and the religion; as the single rule of the land. The Koran and Hadiths direct it. There was never an Islamic Reformation to officially reinterpret them. Judging by the UK's own estimates of Islamic terrorists there, and likely far more who believe Sharia is the only laws they need live by, the colonization of Britain has begun. :geek:

Russia's a quadruplegic world-power wannabe. That's been the situation for decades, and remains even more so with the expansion of NATO. Easily worried and punished. The real invasion is being let in through the gates at the borders, and those in charge have been throwing up their hands in surrender and switching to the other side.

_________________
Image


Last edited by NefariousKoel on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1876 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 188  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group