maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 929 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Sweden
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:28 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 13300
Well.. hopefully things get straightened out. Santa or no.

The social conditioning towards fear against publicly exposed wrongthink is probably more worrisome than anything. :|

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:32 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 11133
Blaire White made the blacklist for being a threat to LGTBQ people.

Attachment:
1495017675591.png
1495017675591.png [ 226.46 KiB | Viewed 205 times ]

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2651
Mac wrote:
Blaire White made the blacklist for being a threat to LGTBQ people.

Funny if Ms. White is a lesbian. :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:42 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 11133
nero wrote:

She's into guys. But then she is a bloke and still has a dick so I guess that makes her gay. I don't know, it's confusing times.

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2651
Mac wrote:
nero wrote:

She's into guys. But then she is a bloke and still has a dick so I guess that makes her gay. I don't know, it's confusing times.

Swedish tradition has been to castrate such perverts. ;)

This fact will get a lot of support for Sweden on this forum. :lol:

Sveriges sak är vår.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:53 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4545
NefariousKoel wrote:
The social conditioning towards fear against publicly exposed wrongthink is probably more worrisome than anything. :|

Debatable, especially if the presented negative image of Sweden is mostly false..., the people guilty of "wrongthink" are basically concentrated in the nationalistic and now roughly third largest party...

Regardless the list was a bad idea. And probably against the law....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:32 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11323
wulfir wrote:
Debatable, especially if the presented negative image of Sweden is mostly false..., the people guilty of "wrongthink" are basically concentrated in the nationalistic and now roughly third largest party...

There comes a point where people don't really give a shit about social ostracism and the like.

Also assuming secret ballots, you actually have a little bubble of free speech when it comes to voting time.

This all said, my northern Swedish mates are rather forthright in their views so none of this seems to apply to them...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:43 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 13300
wulfir wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:

Are you saying it's okay for the gov't to discriminate against citizens solely based on their political views or party (i.e being a "nationalist")?

I may have misunderstood the intent of your post. Sorry, beforehand, if the meaning came across wrong.

Judging by the examples of people on The List, they aren't so neatly confined to members of a single party anyway. Was Pewdiepie part of a "nationalist" party? Well... maybe he decided to join after the MSM attacked the rich goofball as a Nazi racist, I dunno, but it was probably a wake-up call for someone who didn't care about politics much beforehand, like him. :lol:

Quote:
Regardless the list was a bad idea. And probably against the law....

Weren't they planning on removing it, once it came to light?

Have they yet?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:51 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4545
NefariousKoel wrote:
Are you saying it's okay for the gov't to discriminate against citizens solely based on their political views or party (i.e being a "nationalist")?

Discrimination is wrong of course but IIRC political views are not included in the Swedish anti-discrimination act.

Supposedly it is not allowed as of 1975 to maintain lists of people's views/political opinions.

Is it a good idea to have someone with extremist leaning views being in charge of the @sweden twitter acount for the sake of fairness -doubtful..., then again the excluding list approach has also damaged the country's image.

NefariousKoel wrote:
Weren't they planning on removing it, once it came to light?

Have they yet?

Initially they defended the idea of the lists basically saying that there were so many internet trolls around that it was not enough to act once the trolling started - they had to be banned as a preventive meassure. @sweden is run by a new volunteer every week and it was said they have to take loads of abuse and for the sake of these volunteers the ban-hammer had to be used.

Later the Swedish Institute (responsible for the @sweden) tried to doctor in a loophole into their guidelines.

Also, an apology was offered to those who were wrongly blocked and it seems like some documents have been classed as "of minimal importance" and destroyed despite being requested (in Sweden people can requeste to see non-classified documents from the government which is obliged to rapidly hand them out, the so called "principle of openness").

All things put together this indicates, IMO, that SI screwed up. Big time.

Out in the world people watch Tim Pool etc and belive the Swedish government is in fact the USSR.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:58 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14634
1) maybe it's not such a good idea to let random people run the country's Twitter feed for a week (see Donald Trump as an example of that). :P

2) perhaps the reason that people get such an impression of Sweden from people like Tim Pool reporting stuff is because the Swedish government does shit like this. Pool worked for Vice before he branched off on his own. He can hardly be called a right wing extremist.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 929 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 93  Next