maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237 ... 243  Next
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:12 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19062
I wonder if we have even had "100 Explosions" of the criminal variety in the U.S. in such a timespan?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:25 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19062

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:00 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6294
Stricter gun and explosions control will end violence. Everyone knows it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:17 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 20000
So progressive...

Quote:
Church of Sweden unveils altarpiece of paradise featuring gay couples and transgender serpent

A church in Malmo has a new altarpiece meant to celebrate inclusivity by replacing Adam and Eve in paradise with gay couples in suggestive poses, while depicting the serpent tempting them as a transgender woman.

The controversial work of art is not new. Photographer and artist Elisabeth Ohlson Wallin painted it in 2012 and tried to donate it to the Skara Cathedral just before the church was preparing to conduct the first same-sex wedding in its 1,000-year history.

The openly lesbian artist, who has a history of blending religious imagery with pro-minority activism, said at the time that she wanted to test if the Church of Sweden was as gay-friendly as it claimed to be when it embraced same-sex marriage in 2009. The Skara Cathedral politely declined the gift, saying it was about political activism and not faith.

But over seven years have passed, and now Wallin has got her way, even if it isn’t in her home city. St. Paul’s Church in Malmo accepted the painting called “Paradise” as its new altarpiece and unveiled it on Sunday, the first day of Advent. Helena Myrstener, the pastor, said that “history was written” in the hanging of the “LGBT altarpiece” as she tweeted a photo of the painting.

Wallin’s reimagining of paradise was inspired by one of the works by Renaissance master Lucas Cranach the Elder. The artist/activist said she wanted to show that, since the beginning of time, the place for gay people was in paradise rather than hell. The modern interpretation interestingly seems more prudish in terms of nudity than the 16th century originals as both “lesbian Eves” have their breasts covered by leaves rather than concealing only their genitals, as is traditional.

But it’s probably not because the artist has problems with nudity. After all, her most famous photo exhibition – the 2012 Bible-inspired “Ecce Homo” – featured an image portraying the baptism of Jesus with the model standing for Christ having his penis fully exposed.

The Church of Sweden, the state Church of the Scandinavian country until 2000 and still by far its largest denomination, prides itself on embracing a laundry list of woke agendas. Despite this, Swedes have been leaving the Church in record numbers lately, according to surveys.

Judging by some comments on social media, the new altarpiece won’t help much with stopping the exodus. “The politization has gone too far,” one member commented on the news as she announced leaving the Church. Another one said that while there were plenty of enlightened priests in the Church of Sweden, radicals from a “PC-pack” have turned it into their own arena.

https://www.rt.com/news/474813-church-s ... ltarpiece/

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:58 pm 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
So progressive...

Quote:
Church of Sweden unveils altarpiece of paradise featuring gay couples and transgender serpent

A church in Malmo has a new altarpiece meant to celebrate inclusivity by replacing Adam and Eve in paradise with gay couples in suggestive poses, while depicting the serpent tempting them as a transgender woman.

The controversial work of art is not new. Photographer and artist Elisabeth Ohlson Wallin painted it in 2012 and tried to donate it to the Skara Cathedral just before the church was preparing to conduct the first same-sex wedding in its 1,000-year history.

The openly lesbian artist, who has a history of blending religious imagery with pro-minority activism, said at the time that she wanted to test if the Church of Sweden was as gay-friendly as it claimed to be when it embraced same-sex marriage in 2009. The Skara Cathedral politely declined the gift, saying it was about political activism and not faith.

But over seven years have passed, and now Wallin has got her way, even if it isn’t in her home city. St. Paul’s Church in Malmo accepted the painting called “Paradise” as its new altarpiece and unveiled it on Sunday, the first day of Advent. Helena Myrstener, the pastor, said that “history was written” in the hanging of the “LGBT altarpiece” as she tweeted a photo of the painting.

Wallin’s reimagining of paradise was inspired by one of the works by Renaissance master Lucas Cranach the Elder. The artist/activist said she wanted to show that, since the beginning of time, the place for gay people was in paradise rather than hell. The modern interpretation interestingly seems more prudish in terms of nudity than the 16th century originals as both “lesbian Eves” have their breasts covered by leaves rather than concealing only their genitals, as is traditional.

But it’s probably not because the artist has problems with nudity. After all, her most famous photo exhibition – the 2012 Bible-inspired “Ecce Homo” – featured an image portraying the baptism of Jesus with the model standing for Christ having his penis fully exposed.

The Church of Sweden, the state Church of the Scandinavian country until 2000 and still by far its largest denomination, prides itself on embracing a laundry list of woke agendas. Despite this, Swedes have been leaving the Church in record numbers lately, according to surveys.

Judging by some comments on social media, the new altarpiece won’t help much with stopping the exodus. “The politization has gone too far,” one member commented on the news as she announced leaving the Church. Another one said that while there were plenty of enlightened priests in the Church of Sweden, radicals from a “PC-pack” have turned it into their own arena.

https://www.rt.com/news/474813-church-s ... ltarpiece/

:?

If it was "Adam and Steve" rather than "Adam and Eve" then where did Cain and Abel come from?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:18 pm 
Staff Sergeant

chijohnaok wrote:
If it was "Adam and Steve" rather than "Adam and Eve" then where did Cain and Abel come from?

Probably them African apes... :P

Looks like rt.com is trying to push the 'lost values' narrative - i.e. Sweden has lost all decency etc, something that pops up from time to time in Russian media. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:32 pm 
Sergeant Major

wulfir wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

Probably them African apes... :P

Looks like rt.com is trying to push the 'lost values' narrative - i.e. Sweden has lost all decency etc, something that pops up from time to time in Russian media. :)

Well, Sweden isn't exactly making it difficult for rt.com to do that when Swedes do things like: "Church of Sweden unveils altarpiece of paradise featuring gay couples and transgender serpent"

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:44 pm 
First Sergeant

wulfir wrote:

The story was featured on several different sites, but they all seemed to leave out the tranny serpent part. Also rt was the only site that had the full picture of the painting other than some gay site called pink news, and since I spent years trying to convince Old Eagle that I am not a poof I didn't want to link to that. ;)

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:58 pm 
Staff Sergeant

chijohnaok wrote:
...when Swedes do things like:...

We're talking about the initiative of two priests (S:t Pauli kyrka) and one lesbian artist's painting from 2012 though. :D

The other day the pro-Kremlin culture section of the Newspaper Aftonbladet got zapped for publishing some dubious articles painting Martin Kragh (a researcher on Russia) as a British spy. Probably won't make it to rt.com...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:04 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Mac wrote:
...I spent years trying to convince Old Eagle that I am not a poof I didn't want to link to that. ;)

Good thinking! Watch out for Gump though - he knows a lot about classic feminist theory and stuff like that...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237 ... 243  Next