maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212 ... 220  Next
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Sweden
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:54 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6169
Anthropoid wrote:
You posted a nonsensical non-sequitur--

It seems to me at least to be Donald Trump genunie opinion on media. One can agree or disagree I guess but it is of outmost importance of the actual topic, but more and more I'm thinking you can not connnect the dots...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:58 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17937
wulfir wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:
You posted a nonsensical non-sequitur--

It seems to me at least to be Donald Trump genunie opinion on media. One can agree or disagree I guess but it is of outmost importance of the actual topic, but more and more I'm thinking you can not connnect the dots...

I would agree it DOES seem to be his genuine opinion on SOME media, not all. I also agree with him. Far too many media firms who are owned by big moneyed interests of one sort or another have far less interest in promoting knowledge, wisdom and critical thinking than they do in advancing a narrative that is partisan and suited only to promote a narrow band of political and social interests.

There is nothing wrong inherently with being a partisan or biased media firm. But to be a partisan or biased media firm and perpetually DENY, deflect, evade and conceal the fact that you are a partisan/biased firm by claiming to be "News" or "Journalism" or otherwise neutral is excoriable. THAT is propaganda.

It is fucking 2019, not 1819! This shit should be getting LESS common, NOT MORE! :x

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:49 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Anthropoid wrote:
...have far less interest in promoting knowledge, wisdom and critical thinking than they do in advancing a narrative that is partisan and suited only to promote a narrow band of political and social interests.

Welcome to the Welcome to Sweden thread. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:55 pm 
Sergeant Major

wulfir wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:
...have far less interest in promoting knowledge, wisdom and critical thinking than they do in advancing a narrative that is partisan and suited only to promote a narrow band of political and social interests.

Welcome to the Welcome to Sweden thread. :lol:

The point is: from my standpoint, YOUR NATION is dominated by a partisan ideological movement which is not okay with transparency, open dialogue, criticism, or alternative models. You and apparently much of your media (and non-trivial segments of your population apparently) are perfectly okay with this oppressive, group-think state of affairs.

So yes, Welcome to Sweden thread indeed . . .

You've had hundreds of posts and scores of pages to show us the error of our ways in regarding your nation as suffering these deficiencies but you have generally eschewed any sense of taking an interest in doing so, and have instead, consistently denied, deflected, dismissed, evaded, and avoided, which is why the thread lives on to this day and has got progressively snarky and cynical and sardonic over the years.

Wanting to grow your population? Hell yeah, I can understand that! Wanting to promote diversity in your society? Nothing wrong with that either, as long as it is tempered with the pragmatic realization that there IS such a thing as either "too much" diversity, i.e., lack of solidarity, or "the wrong type" of diversity (Nazis are the wrong type of diversity aren't they? Putin agents too, eh? So why do you assume Islam is a "good fit" for an historicall Christian, secular humanist democratic Monarchy like your country?).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:43 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Anthropoid wrote:
The point is: from my standpoint, YOUR NATION is dominated by a partisan ideological movement which is not okay with transparency, open dialogue, criticism, or alternative models. You and apparently much of your media (and non-trivial segments of your population apparently) are perfectly okay with this oppressive, group-think state of affairs.

Sigh, maybe your standpoint is not particulary well founded in reality? Ever gave that a thought? You are obviously annoyed by negative Trump reporting presented in Washington Post etc but also seem unable to be source critical about the negative Sweden reporting judging from the 4chan style pictures you posted earlier (assuming you didn't manufacture them yourself, I guess). You do not seem to know so much about Sweden? Your participation here is mostly limited to a little Schadenfreude here and there....

I figure you don't have a particulary strong opinion on the subject of Sweden really and mostly function as a useful idiot, probably without realizing it.

Also, I mostly skip the parts where you analyse my person and motives. You know, all those garbage ideas you present as facts but have such rudimentary understanding of.

This thread lives on, but not for the reasons you present. This is the most interesting thing about this thread IMHO.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:11 pm 
Sergeant Major

wulfir wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:

Sigh, maybe your standpoint is not particulary well founded in reality? Ever gave that a thought? You are obviously annoyed by negative Trump reporting presented in Washington Post etc but also seem unable to be source critical about the negative Sweden reporting judging from the 4chan style pictures you posted earlier (assuming you didn't manufacture them yourself, I guess). You do not seem to know so much about Sweden? Your participation here is mostly limited to a little Schadenfreude here and there....

I figure you don't have a particulary strong opinion on the subject of Sweden really and mostly function as a useful idiot, probably without realizing it.

Also, I mostly skip the parts where you analyse my person and motives. You know, all those garbage ideas you present as facts but have such rudimentary understanding of.

This thread lives on, but not for the reasons you present. This is the most interesting thing about this thread IMHO.

What did I say: you are arrogant, dismissive, evasive, etc. :lol:

The apparent overcompensating for lack of ethnic or national self-esteem is breathtaking.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:11 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 11628
Anthropoid wrote:

I would agree it DOES seem to be his genuine opinion on SOME media, not all. I also agree with him. Far too many media firms who are owned by big moneyed interests of one sort or another have far less interest in promoting knowledge, wisdom and critical thinking than they do in advancing a narrative that is partisan and suited only to promote a narrow band of political and social interests.

There is nothing wrong inherently with being a partisan or biased media firm. But to be a partisan or biased media firm and perpetually DENY, deflect, evade and conceal the fact that you are a partisan/biased firm by claiming to be "News" or "Journalism" or otherwise neutral is excoriable. THAT is propaganda.

It is fucking 2019, not 1819! This shit should be getting LESS common, NOT MORE! :x

I can't + rep you now, but you describle very well how the MSM's are now in our countries, not just in the US. They are so moral high ground that when they look in the mirror, they can't see how they are inflated.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:32 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Anthropoid wrote:
What did I say: you are arrogant, dismissive, evasive, etc.

I am correct.

Anthropoid wrote:
The apparent overcompensating for lack of ethnic or national self-esteem is breathtaking.

I have no idea what you mean, but you don't need to explain. Interesting to see that you have dropped the monarcy envy idea you had a while back...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:03 am 
Staff Sergeant

LaPalice wrote:
They are so moral high ground that when they look in the mirror, they can't see how they are inflated.

I went to Breitbart for shit and giggles and searched Sweden. Read some of the comments in one article and it's a long list of hate, doom and gloom etc.

Here's one interesting example:

Quote:
Cannt trust anything coming out of Sweden's media they have covered up anything that contains terror or rape or anything else that concerns immigrants.Pretty soon it will be the same way here just keep allowing illegals to flow in.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/06/16/sweden-strong-explosion-vicinity-church/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:51 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 11628
wulfir wrote:
LaPalice wrote:
They are so moral high ground that when they look in the mirror, they can't see how they are inflated.

I went to Breitbart for shit and giggles and searched Sweden. Read some of the comments in one article and it's a long list of hate, doom and gloom etc.

Here's one interesting example:

Quote:
Cannt trust anything coming out of Sweden's media they have covered up anything that contains terror or rape or anything else that concerns immigrants.Pretty soon it will be the same way here just keep allowing illegals to flow in.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/06/16/sweden-strong-explosion-vicinity-church/

Breitbart does not claim to be mainstream, on the contrary, they certainly think that they are maverick. Thus, they don't hide to be subjective, contrary to the MSM which claim to be objective and assume the fact to be able to judge what is fake news and what is not.

I don't feel concerned by Breitbart, as I don't belong to the far or alt right. But I read of watch MSM, so I don't like when they try to play the moral high ground when it is clear that they are biased.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212 ... 220  Next