maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 103  Next
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to Sweden
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:42 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4295
Here's a sort of pre-internet newsletter for BSS members, April 1984:

http://www.sdarkivet.se/bss/publikationer/medlemsbulletin/Medlemsbulletin_1984-04.pdf

It starts off with what looks like three adds that with a little variation all encourage a return of immigrants to their native countries. Then follows an intro about how the BSS is growing and how the staff has trouble seeing to all the new members, then highlights from 1983 - clashes with communists at the Carolus Rex statue, meetings, debates, media attention...

Then there's a recap of the organisation yearly meeting - talks about a new member fee, guest Norwegian nationalists informing about the situation in Norway, a few pictures and a lot of text space given to printed version of the speaches that bring up the problems of a nationalist demanding a stronger defence - "why track submarines in the archipelago when the invasion takes place at Arlanda, Trelleborg and Öresund? Is it the multicultrual and multilanguage Sweden we are to defend?"

Then it touches on the subject of shiping people back, in a pretty radical way:

"Yet massive repatriation is the first condition for the re-creation of a Swedish Sweden. We must be clear. What is it we really want. I suggest in all seriousness that we must demand repatriation, executed with force. Repatriation of all immigrants and refugees of non-European origin that entered the country after 1960.

I can already hear the objections from various places, not just from the parliament parties but also from a national corner. What are we to do with all those that have been given citizenship? Answer: It is of no importance. A citizenship that our government has tossed after people who do not speak a word of Swedish is not our responsability.

What are we to do with the mixed marriges then? All these Swedish women that went on vacation to Tunisia, Marocco, Gambia and brought their boyfriends back to marry? What are we to do with them? Answer: They either move back with their boyfriends or SEPARATE. There is no other way."

There is also an all caps section with the story of an it seems Black African boxer named Patrick
Lumumba who beat up his fiance with the Swedish sounding name Gunilla Willhelmson and her friend and that after a week in jail Lumumba and Willhelmson are now "touchingly in agreement that he can beat her now and then". A boxing coach is to vouch for Lumumba saying "he is a decent guy but when he drinks he becomes an animal".

The story ends with a sarcastic "Cultrual enrichement in spades".

There are adds listing the adresses to the British Nationalism Today, Bulldog, Nationalist Books and Sussex Front.

At the very end there's a few 'latest news' about recent fist fights at a communist/refugee rally, a heavily edited radio show and a sort of the fight goes on message.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:10 pm 
Sergeant

Opinion piece by a Swedish rapper who is no longer proud of Sweden:

Quote:
Sweden has in recent years allowed racists to move and stretch the boundaries of what is considered acceptable. One party with noticeable power and influence in our Riksdag pushes and whips up the sentiment that we're standing before some kind of downfall if all of these refugees arrive. If all of these people continue to come everything will go to hell, according to the Sweden Democrats.

https://www.thelocal.se/20170425/opinion-this-is-not-the-sweden-im-proud-of

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:23 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10688
Well, I would say that: rather than repatriate any and all of "non-European" origin after 1960, why not follow a more systematic approach?

Define the key features of being a "good Swedish citizen." If that definition includes any reference to ethnicity, phenotype, racial features or ancestry, sorry, but that is just bullshit, try again.

But if it includes things like:
1. Speaks, reads, writes and understands Swedish at X.XX level of mastery.
2. Has sufficient funds on entry, else a non-state sponsor (employer, or whatever) who can attest to their capacity to find accommodation during their initial arrival, else
3. Has an offer of a job in Sweden and/or
4. Has certified skills that are in demand in the job market in Sweden
5. Can pass a basic social studies exam on Swedish history, culture, government and society.
6. Is willing to take an oath of allegiance to the Swedish Monarchy (or whatever you Swedish citizens owe your fealty to) and including explicit rejection of any higher authority or sovereignty (Islam I'm looking at you . . .)

If a person does not fulfill all of these conditions, and/or does not show a willingness and intent as well as reasonable progress toward fulfilling these conditions then yeah: why does anyone feel they should BE IN Sweden as permanent residents, much less be granted citizenship. To this extent, I can fully agree with something that some might argue resembles a BSS.

If you do not want to BE Roman, then why go live in Rome and sponge off the state, and act like a fucking thug? Its just plain rude.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:40 pm 
First Sergeant

wulfir wrote:
Opinion piece by a Swedish rapper who is no longer proud of Sweden:

Quote:
Sweden has in recent years allowed racists to move and stretch the boundaries of what is considered acceptable. One party with noticeable power and influence in our Riksdag pushes and whips up the sentiment that we're standing before some kind of downfall if all of these refugees arrive. If all of these people continue to come everything will go to hell, according to the Sweden Democrats.

https://www.thelocal.se/20170425/opinion-this-is-not-the-sweden-im-proud-of

I am increasingly led to the idea that "Europe" is still undergoing a sort of "post-colonial" identity crisis. That makes sense I guess, given that your medieval and imperial histories stretch much further into the past. It also makes sense that a blanket rejection of anything that remotely resembles "nationalism" would go along with that.

Nationalism has cost a lot of life in Europe over the centuries and given that Sweden sat out the last couple major blood lettings and remained neutral it also sort of makes sense that your society would have a special kind of guilt.
Quote:
Sweden is a country that stands for empathy, humanity, and solidarity. Right now the opposite signal is being sent at Sweden's expense

So is that it? Is that the "core vision" of Sweden? Is this what it fundamentally means to "Be Swedish" to be empathic and feel solidarity with all humans?

If that is honestly what Swedes, or a lot of them really believe then I hate to tell you, but that is just naive.

Oh sure, empathy, humanity and solidarity are good and ideally all nations (and all groups) are true to those ethics, but a "nation of empaths" is not going to remain a nation for very long.

A nation of "pragmatic empaths" may perhaps be able to avert extinction, but that is a key distinction. That is pretty much what I'd say the United States is, or at least in ideal form. It was our empathy for humanity more broadly that led us to refuse to allow the south to secede and wage brutal, horrific war on them to force them back into the Union . . . it was our empathy for humanity that led us to begrudgingly join in on Great War Act I and stomp the Huns and then impose "something" like a seemingly "equitable" division of all the territories in such a way that Act II could be averted . . . well that was the IDEA anyway and obviously it didn't work worth a damn, and because Versailles was so vindictive it was doomed to fail from the beginning.

Had we been more true to our empathy, we might have recognized that the French and Germans and Russians, etc. all hated each other far too much to ever agree on equitable peace terms and basically forced unconditional surrender on the Germans and accomplished more or less what was achieved in 1946 (or maybe even a better outcome in which Eastern Europe was spared Communist occupation for decades.

In the case of Japan, we had the great empathy to recognize that, the prudent thing to do was to use the most terrifying weapon humanity had ever deviced to vaporize, emolate, crush, blast to pieces and otherwise terrorize citizens in not just one but two Japanese cities, AND to impose unconditional surrender.

I suppose my point is coming through? Cruel to be kind is more or less what I'm getting at, and if "Sweden thinks" that all it takes to "be Swedish" is to think happy thoughts, be empathic, humanitarian and solidary with the rest of humanity, I don't think things are going to end well.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:38 pm 
Sergeant

Anthropoid wrote:
Well, I would say that: rather than repatriate any and all of "non-European" origin after 1960, why not follow a more systematic approach?

More systematic? You mean less racist... :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:05 pm 
Sergeant

Anthropoid wrote:
Nationalism has cost a lot of life in Europe over the centuries and given that Sweden sat out the last couple major blood lettings and remained neutral it also sort of makes sense that your society would have a special kind of guilt.

Quilt was never really in the picture. Neutrality was elevated to a sort of sacred path following the world wars. A magic forumla that kept the country safe from war. So entreched was the idea that even BSS belived in it and I think most people in Sweden today still belive the country is "alliance free in peace, aiming for neutrality in war" - despite the EU membership, despite the declaration of solidarity, despite participation in NATO operations.

Anthropoid wrote:
So is that it? Is that the "core vision" of Sweden? Is this what it fundamentally means to "Be Swedish" to be empathic and feel solidarity with all humans?

Depends on who you ask. Certianly not the members of BSS.

Those that belive in the idea of the "Humanitarian Superpower" sure.

In the last election the leader of the leading conservative party and the then prime minister asked in a speach the Swedish people to show understanding for the cost of caring for and the plight of the stream of refugees that was expected to hit Sweden (Aug 2014). The speach is known as "Open Your Hearts" and is to have contributed heavily to the poor election result of that party (they lost power) and the rise of the ex-BSS/Sweden Democrats from more or less a small fringe party to the thrid largest in Sweden.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:02 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 14267
WTF is wrong with keeping Sweden Swedish? Once it's overrun with misanthropes it won't be Sweden anymore, will it? Poles and Hungarians can come to Sweden and their children will be good little commies in one generation. So they might go to Gramma's house for kielbasa or goulash on weekends but they'll still run around naked and buy black market vodka just like all the native Swedes.

Stinking savages will always be stinking savages. Ten generations hence, Somalis and North Africans will still be groping blondes, burning cars, and collecting welfare checks. They are never going to get jobs or make any positive contribution to Swedish society. Sweden is going to go broke providing them with free shit for the next hundred years and what was once a nordic vacation land will become a stinking multicultural cesspool of inbred deadbeats. How does the Swedish burka team sound? Was the Dark Ages really such a nostalgic era you can't wait to live it again?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:24 pm 
First Sergeant

doggie wrote:
WTF is wrong with keeping Sweden Swedish? Once it's overrun with misanthropes it won't be Sweden anymore, will it? Poles and Hungarians can come to Sweden and their children will be good little commies in one generation. So they might go to Gramma's house for kielbasa or goulash on weekends but they'll still run around naked and buy black market vodka just like all the native Swedes.

Stinking savages will always be stinking savages. Ten generations hence, Somalis and North Africans will still be groping blondes, burning cars, and collecting welfare checks. They are never going to get jobs or make any positive contribution to Swedish society. Sweden is going to go broke providing them with free shit for the next hundred years and what was once a nordic vacation land will become a stinking multicultural cesspool of inbred deadbeats. How does the Swedish burka team sound? Was the Dark Ages really such a nostalgic era you can't wait to live it again?

Right on!

I suspect Doggie and I agree, it is perfectly fine for a person of virtually ANY skin color, so-called "race," ethnicity, ancestry and to some extent even any religion to "BE Swedish." I realize that BSS probably did not see it that way; as we've all noted they are "racists" and their notion of "being Swedish" probably hinged on "being of apparently Scandinavian (or at least northwestern European/Caucasian) phenotype" . . .

But take out that racist/ethnicist bias, and I dont' see any problem with any nation/society expecting its citizens and residents to "be" people who aspire to certain core values. This philosophy is central to criminal justice in fact; why is it "okay" for the sovereign to use its paramilitary to "terrorize" people who have committed crimes? Because it is both implicit and explicit that certain behaviors are illegal and if one is found to be guilty of committing such behaviors one forfeits some of ones rights and privileges.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:25 am 
Sergeant

Anthropoid wrote:
But take out that racist/ethnicist bias...

And therein lies the problem.

"And every jew shall be driven off."

Tina Hallberg 1995 - active in the Sweden Democrats in its early days dressed up in some SA-like uniform.

Eventually the SD realized that Nazi-like attire, boots and bomber jackets would not get them anywhere and this was no longer allowed. Now they claim not to be one bit racist - but it's hard for the voters to just forget their past..., or belive their "nationalist innocence"...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:37 am 
First Sergeant

wulfir wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:
But take out that racist/ethnicist bias...

And therein lies the problem.

"And every jew shall be driven off."

Tina Hallberg 1995 - active in the Sweden Democrats in its early days dressed up in some SA-like uniform.

Eventually the SD realized that Nazi-like attire, boots and bomber jackets would not get them anywhere and this was no longer allowed. Now they claim not to be one bit racist - but it's hard for the voters to just forget their past..., or belive their "nationalist innocence"...

Fair enough, and I'm certainly not here to try to convince you to support them.

My only point in engaging in the dialogue is to make the argument that: just because someone expresses a view that is similar to one view that has been expressed by an authoritarian regime (e.g., "Make America Great Again" is unmistakably similar to a prevailing theme in the rise of Naziism, though I cannot think of any specific signature phrase).

Keep Sweden Swedish, or "America for Americans" or a range of "nationalist" phrases are not automatically "Nazi" just because Nazis already used similar phrases.

One can be a "patriot" without being a Nazi, and one can be a "nationalist" without being an imperialist, jingoist, or _insert derogatory label of choice_.

Perhaps a better more "nuanced" way it could be expressed which might even make it palatable to the multiculturalists if not also the Marxists in charge in Sweden would be:

"Many people, many identities, ALL Swedish."
or
"No matter our color, ancestry, or origin, we are all Swedes!"

As long as these are not merely lip-service and serious efforts are made to actually incentivize if not enforce assimilation on the part of immigrants then it is the same thing in my opinion as "Sweden for Swedes" or "Keep Sweden Swedish."

Its all about the "core values." As long as anyone who is willing and able to embody the core values of a nation and who offers something of worth to that nation is given a chance to do so, then I really do not see any problem with a "nationalist" movement.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 103  Next