maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Clintons
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:53 pm 
Honorary Texan

Reputation points: 8023

It sounds like Hillary ought to be eating pussy in a federal pen instead of hotels.

Post subject: Re: The Clintons
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:35 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18687
Probably true. So lets say we get rid of Hilary, and every other one that is rotten. Who will we have left? How will we keep the ones the rise to fill the gap from going rotten too?

I don't mean to sound cynical; it is just that the real psychosocial bases of these problems goes far beyond individuals, to pervasive patterns in society that can be characterized as: consumerism, apathy, information overload, media-addiction, lack of critical thinking, etc.

If those pervasive, indeed I would say epidemic social ills are not alleviated, no real solution will be achieved even if corrupt individuals as Clinton is alleged to be are prosecuted.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:09 am 
Varmint

Reputation points: 1878
Why do you care?

Hillary has no power. The Prez reserves REAL foreign policy to himself.

She is simply a place holder, given a job to keep her quiet

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:57 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 3006
heh, the president is a place holder

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:27 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 1640
Quote:
I don't mean to sound cynical; it is just that the real psychosocial bases of these problems goes far beyond individuals, to pervasive patterns in society that can be characterized as: consumerism, apathy, information overload, media-addiction, lack of critical thinking, etc.

The Human Condition...

:o

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:41 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18687
It arguably brought down the Roman Empire, and British Empires. Why we expect it won't bring ours down too I cannot fathom.

Maybe, given we are based on a novel formula for society, just MAYBE we can transcend. But I have my doubts.

Not to say that going after the filthy rotten Clinton's wouldn't be a good step in the right direction. But chalking it up to a "left-wing" infection, or sitting back and smugly being satisfied when the Clintons are toast would not be sufficient. We need to recognize that there are much more systemic and structural upstream sources which impact all political parties, and indeed the entire political process by degrees.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:55 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
I'm not a Hillary fan, but as information, Mr. Paul's current whereabouts are here:

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFinderSe ... &x=71&y=16

Here is some additional background info:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshgerst ... to_10.html
Quote:
July 22, 2009
Categories: Campaign Finance
After 4 years, Clintons' accuser sentenced to 10

A former internet entrepreneur who accused Bill and Hillary Clinton of fundraising-related fraud in connection with Mrs. Clinton's 2000 Senate bid, Peter Paul, was sentenced recently to ten years in prison on a stock fraud charge.

Judge Leonard Wexler's sentence was the statutory maximum for the charge Paul pled guilty to, but the judge did not explain his reasons for imposing that term, sources present at the June 25 sentencing said.

Brace yourselves for the back story:

Paul, 60, was a key organizer and sponsor of a star-studded and, in many ways, star-crossed fund-raising gala held in Los Angeles during the Democratic National Convention in 2000. The event featured Cher, Patti LaBelle, Michael Bolton, John Travolta, Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt and Muhammad Ali, among others.

After it emerged in the Washington Post that Paul was a thrice-convicted felon, he alleged that a Clinton-related campaign committee grossly underreported the cost of the event and the amount of money he had given to finance it. He also filed a lawsuit accusing Mr. Clinton of reneging on a deal to work for him after leaving office and accusing the Clintons and several confederates of interfering in business deals Paul had in the works.

Aides to the Clintons rejected virtually all of Paul's allegations, but the Justice Department seemed to endorse the central claim about the over-cost and under-reported fundraiser when a grand jury indicted the national finance director of Mrs. Clinton's Senate bid, David Rosen in 2003 for causing the filing of FEC reports which allegedly put the value of in-kind donations to the event at about $400,000 when they actually exceeded $1.2 million.

In another twist, following a trial in 2005,Rosen was acquitted of the charges. However, his defense was that he didn't know about the underreporting--not that it didn't occur. In late 2005, a Clinton-connected political committee agreed to pay a $35,000 fine for underreporting gifts to the event by more than $700,000.

Before hosting the 2000 gala, Paul had three felony fraud and drug convictions from the 1970s and 1980s. He was an executive at Stan Lee Media, a firm set up to market internet and film depictions of cartoon characters from the creator of Spiderman. The firm collapsed in 2001 and Paul headed for Brazil, where he had another business. He was indicted on charges of manipulating Stan Lee Media's stock price and spent at least two years in a Brazlian prisoner as his then-attorney, Larry Klayman, either negotiated with Justice Department lawyers or fought Paul's extradition, depending on whose narrative you believe.

In March 2005, Paul pled guilty to one felony count of stock fraud. One of the puzzling aspects of his case is how he managed to remain free on bond for more than four years while awaiting sentencing. Lawyers involved in the case said there were delays in preparing a probation agency pre-sentencing report. The case was also reassigned from one prosecutor to another. The Justice Department had no official comment in response to a question about the delay.

Wexler gave Paul credit for the time he spent in the Brazilian prison as well as in a Long Island jail. As a result, he'll probably serve about another 6 years behind bars. Wexler ordered Paul to report to prison by August 7.

Paul also filed a lawsuit against the Clintons and several associates over their alleged fleecing of him and interference in his business dealings. Both Clintons have been dismissed from the case as defendants and, in April, Mrs. Clinton won an award of $130,000 in legal fees against Paul. The suit is still pending against a producer of the 2000 gala, Gary Smith, so it is possible the Clintons could be called as witnesses in the case.

Paul unsuccessfully sued the group Klayman once headed, Judicial Watch, for mishandling the civil suit. Paul is now suing the attorney he retained to replace Klayman on the case, Gary Kreep.

A startling number of current or future felons were involved in the 2000 gala: four in all. In addition to Paul, three other men who organized or attended the event later pled guilty to criminal conduct which pre-dated the event.

The charity-fundraising planner who invited stars like Cher and Patti LaBelle, Aaron Tonken, was sentenced to more than five years in prison for diverting money from charity events.

A Chicago businessman, former topless club owner and self-described "dear friend" of Mr. Clinton, Jim Levin, got a sentence of probation after he pled guilty to a minority contracting fraud scheme involving the Chicago Public Schools. Testimony at Rosen's trial indicated that Levin was asked by Mr. Clinton to monitor preparations for the gala.

Another man who had special entree at the gala, New Orleans political consultant Ray Reggie, later pled guilty to bank fraud. He wore a wire for the FBI and was sentenced to a year in prison. Reggie is a brother in law of Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.)

Clinton aides told prosecutors that Paul was permitted to sponsor the gala in 2000, despite his felony record, because he "missed the vet." The charges against the other men were not filed until after the fund-raiser.

(I'm also guilty--guilty of being tardy in posting this item. But, as far as I can tell, no one else has beat me to it.)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:26 am 
Sergeant Major

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ation.html

Quote:
Awkward! Chelsea Clinton emphatically states a person with a beard and a penis can 'absolutely' identify as a woman, while mom Hillary shuffles and looks conflicted as she blames 'generational' differences for not being as open to trans rights

In an interview with The Sunday Times, journalist Decca Aitkenhead asked the Clintons about transgender self-identification
    Chelsea Clinton replied 'yes' emphatically when asked if someone with a beard and penis can ever be a woman
    'It's going to take a lot more time and effort to understand what it means to be defining yourself differently,' Hillary said
    Aitkenhead said Hillary became 'uneasy' when the question was asked while Chelsea shot a 'furious stare' at the journalist as her mother answered
    Hillary added: 'It's a very big generational discussion, because this is not something I grew up with or ever saw'

By KAYLA BRANTLEY FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 16:58 EDT, 13 October 2019 | UPDATED: 19:42 EDT, 13 October 2019

It may appear Hillary and Chelsea Clinton always see eye-to-eye, but in a recent interview one topic cracked the facade of the like-minded mother-daughter power duo.

The one issue Hillary and Chelsea don't appear to agree on entirely is transgender self-identification.

In an interview with The Sunday Times, journalist Decca Aitkenhead asked the Clintons if someone with a beard and a penis can ever be a woman, to which Chelsea replied emphatically, 'Yes.'

However, as Aitkenhead describes it, Hillary looked 'uneasy', and blamed generational gaps for being less accepting.

'Errr. I'm just learning about this,' Hillary responded. 'It's a very big generational discussion, because this is not something I grew up with or ever saw. It's going to take a lot more time and effort to understand what it means to be defining yourself differently.'

The Clintons sat sown with Aitkenhead to promote the book they co-authored, The Book of Gutsy Women: Favorite Stories of Courage and Resilience.

The book features Danica Roem, the first trans woman elected to a U.S. state legislature.

According Aitkenhead's account, she tells Hillary during the interview that many British feminists of Hillary's generation have a problem with the idea that a 'lesbian who doesn't want to sleep with someone who has a penis is transphobic.'

Hillary nods in agreement, while Chelsea 'stiffens and stares at me', according to Aitkenhead.

The journalist then adds that many women of Hillary's generation are uncomfortable with biological males sharing women's bathrooms.

'I would say that, absolutely,' Hillary nods firmly. 'Absolutely. Yes.'

That's when Chelsea begins shooting a 'furious stare' at Aitkenhead, who points it out to her.

'I'm a terrible actor', Chelsea laughs.

Chelsea then says she is thrilled with the National Health Service's decision to assign patients to single-sex wards according to the gender they identify as, instead of their biological make up.

'How can you treat someone if you don't recognize who they feel and know in their core they are?' Chelsea says.

'And I strongly support children being able to play on the sports teams that match their own gender identity,' she adds. 'I think we need to be doing everything we can to support kids in being whoever they know themselves to be and discovering who they are.'

At this point Hillary looks conflicted.

'I think you've got to be sensitive to how difficult this is,' Hillary says. 'There are women who'd say [to a trans woman], ''You know what, you've never had the kind of life experiences that I've had. So I respect who you are, but don't tell me you're the same as me.'' I hear that conversation all the time.'

Despite the clear tension in the room, the pair say they don't argue about this topic.

But according to Aitkenhead, 'I get the impression they don't like to present anything less than a united front to the world.'

I guess that HIllary is not WOKE enough for her daughter.... :lol:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:29 am 
Sergeant Major

Well, it would depend on where the beard is anatomically.

This Absolon doun sette hym on his knees
And seyde, "I am a lord at alle degrees;
For after this I hope ther cometh moore.
Lemman, thy grace, and sweete bryd, thyn oore!"
The wyndow she undoth, and that in haste. "Have do," quod she, "com of, and speed the faste,
Lest that oure neighebores thee espie."
This Absolon gan wype his mouth ful drie.
Derk was the nyght as pich, or as a cole,
And at the wyndow out she putte hir hole,And Absolon, hym fil no bet ne wers,
But with his mouth he kiste hir naked ers
Ful savorly, er he were war of this.
Abak he stirte, and thoughte it was amys,
For wel he wiste a womman hath no berd.
He felte a thyng al rough and long yherd,
And seyde, "Fy! allas! what have I do?"
"Tehee!" quod she, and clapte the wyndow to,
And Absolon gooth forth a sory pas.
"A berd! a berd!" quod hende Nicholas, "By Goddes corpus, this goth faire and weel."

From the Miller's Tale, Chaucer

Profile E-mail