maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 811 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 82  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tolerance and free speech
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:48 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17937
Lava wrote:
Black Pigeon Speaks:

Quote:
You are either for freedom of speech or you aren't.

The Black Pigeon back on line. Wonder what happen?

It was a bug not a feature?

Or maybe an overweening hipster douche-nozzle with access to the back-end in San Bruno overstepped their authority?

The world may never know!

If Youtube and other firms which lean toward the dogma of the New Totalitarian Tribal ideology (they are NOT "Leftists," I am a fucking "Leftists," as was John Locke, Thomas Jefferson and all of the U.S. founders . . .) wish to commit corporate suicide by imposing their dogmatic ideological fashion statements on users and creators of their free platform that is, quite frankly, THEIR prerogative and there is not much legally, to be done about it. However, it may be there is something persuasively to be done about it, and there is absolutely something pragmatic to be done about it.

Bitchute and similar would-be competitors are there. Frankly, the ONLY thing YT has on these competitors at this point is "14 years of uploads," i.e., a very large library of material. With improvements in technology and software, that advantage can be reduced more rapidly than ever before and hopefully the owners/developers who run Bitchute (or other competitors) understand this: you need to expand your offerings as rapidly as possible, and to the extent feasible, replicate as much of what is already on YT as possible. Much of this can be done but it is laborious unless the work is distributed across many hundreds and thousands of users. I hope the folks at the various YT competitors understand these factors and are working smart to make their platforms viable alternatives to the things Youtube offers, while also providing an alternative in community regulation that errs on the side of permissiveness just shy of negligence or complicity in criminality.

Last edited by Anthropoid on Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:54 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 9152
This was fairly big news on other folks channels.

Must have made a difference. This guy does not promote hate speech. PERIOD.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:27 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17937
Lava wrote:
This was fairly big news on other folks channels.

Must have made a difference. This guy does not promote hate speech. PERIOD.

Unless it is actually calling for criminality, I don't see a problem with so-called "hate speech."

I hate Nazism. I hate Commienism. I hate bigotry. I hate tyranny of all variants. I can offer sound arguments why every human being SHOULD also hate such ideologies.

That is some hate speech I just engaged in, isn't it? I don't see a problem with that.

The concept of "hate-speech" is a poor excuse for people who lack the actual knowledge or wisdom to know what the fuck they are talking about to nonetheless pass judgment on others. It is a lazy, useless, and indeed dangerous catch-all phrase and I hates me some who believes in it :P

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:23 am 
Sergeant

Anthropoid wrote:
Unless it is actually calling for criminality, I don't see a problem with so-called "hate speech."

Agreed.

It's like collusion. Has no legal merit what-so-ever.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:13 pm 
Sergeant

The Black Pigeon speaks and gives us an update, but as he states, the movement by fanatics to silence people who deviate from far left group think will not stop:

"sad and miserable wretches..."

Sounds like Nero.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:32 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000

Quote:
“Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who’s to blame? You need only look into a mirror.”

Freedom was lost when they stood silent in the face of censorship. Though YouTube is a private company that is not regulated by the First Amendment, its censorship policies are already setting a trend in media platforms. V warns that consenting to these infringements inevitably escalates into loss of liberty. Once censorship begins, if unchecked, it can only lead to tyranny.

Not only do YouTube’s policies set an ambiguous precedent, but its censorship is also biased and unfair. It began by banning alt-right content, which morphed into targeting conservatives such as comedian and commentator Steven Crowder. Though YouTube retracted their ban on Crowder after recognizing their censored content could become inconsistent, their ambiguous hate speech policies can justify censoring all kinds of content.

Our free society facilitates and preserves public discourse through the freedom of speech. The freedom to speak necessarily goes two directions, however. It must defend all views so that none are silenced. Making offensive speech into a crime is “incompatible with a free society,” wrote Richard W. Rahn of the Cato Institute. The softer we respond to YouTube’s unpredictable and biased regulation of speech, the harder we will fall. We must stop the infringement of our rights no matter what our political positions are; you never know who will be silenced next.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/06/13/yo ... h-america/

Free speech is important and the cornerstone of a free society.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:23 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 812
Lava wrote:
The Black Pigeon speaks and gives us an update, but as he states, the movement by fanatics to silence people who deviate from far left group think will not stop:

Sounds like Nero.

It sad and miserable that you concentrate on such non-issues. No one is put to jail or something. Like in Russia.

Funny that nobody wrote here anything about Ivan Golunov. That is the question of free speech.

But you are more interested about bleeting "martyr" goats. If they are banned or deplatformed, so what. They can baa in other places.

So it goes.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:
Lava wrote:

Sounds like Nero.

It sad and miserable that you concentrate on such non-issues. No one is put to jail or something. Like in Russia.

Funny that nobody wrote here anything about Ivan Golunov. That is the question of free speech.

But you are more interested about bleeting "martyr" goats. If they are banned or deplatformed, so what. They can baa in other places.

So it goes.

Stop being such an idiot.

We each post about people and events that we know of, that we are familiar with, or that interest us.

I am not familiar with Ivan Golunov, hence I have not posted anything regarding him.

---------------

That said, it sucks that the Russian authorities have cracked down on Mr. Golunov like that.

Is that surprising?

I would think not, given that Putin's Russia specifically, and Russia/Soviet Union in general, has been treating journalists like this for hundreds of years.

When you consider that 150 to 200 Russian journalists have died/been murdered over the last 25 years, it could have been much worse for him.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:18 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 812
chijohnaok wrote:
nero wrote:

So it goes.

Stop being such an idiot.

We each post about people and events that we know of, that we are familiar with, or that interest us.

I am not familiar with Ivan Golunov, hence I have not posted anything regarding him.

---------------

That said, it sucks that the Russian authorities have cracked down on Mr. Golunov like that.

Is that surprising?

I would think not, given that Putin's Russia specifically, and Russia/Soviet Union in general, has been treating journalists like this for hundreds of years.

When you consider that 150 to 200 Russian journalists have died/been murdered over the last 25 years, it could have been much worse for him.

Just stop whining. You don't have any idea how freedom of speech is oppressed.

These poor martyr goats who are persecuted by evil corporations. :lol:

Are you flaming a class war here? :lol:

Names like Freedomtube, Libertybook and Eaglescream are free for to start a new platforms for those in need. ;)

Freedom fries in memoriam.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

I find that Nero has become repetitive....ignore.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 811 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 82  Next