maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tolerance and free speech
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 12499
Well I don't see how YT could be sued; they are not beholden to provide services to anybody are they?

Not to say I support their bias, and certainly don't regard it as a wise business model. But legally speaking, I believe they can do whatever they want. They provide FREE platform for content creators and FREE streaming for viewers. No one is paying them anything directly, so I really don't think legal concerns are realistic.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:15 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 16590
Anthropoid wrote:
Well I don't see how YT could be sued; they are not beholden to provide services to anybody are they?

Not to say I support their bias, and certainly don't regard it as a wise business model. But legally speaking, I believe they can do whatever they want. They provide FREE platform for content creators and FREE streaming for viewers. No one is paying them anything directly, so I really don't think legal concerns are realistic.

They are required not to refuse service or discriminate against people based on race, religion, creed, etc. No?

It's pretty straightforward, really.

If a gay couple could take a baker to court, for refusing to bake them a wedding cake, then a lawsuit against Google & it's YT subsidiary would be a cakewalk.

Actually, ex-Google employees are already suing them for discriminatory practices. Increasingly so.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:24 pm 
Sergeant Major

NefariousKoel wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:

They are required not to refuse service or discriminate against people based on race, religion, creed, etc. No?

Why would that be the case?

I believe such "non-discrimination" regulations, at least as they exist in the U.S. are, in fact, fairly narrow and specific. For example, receipt of certain Federal or State benefits is contingent on adherence to certain "Civil Rights" legislative requirements. But as far as I know, a private firm which does not receive Federal or State benefits is free to discriminate as it chooses.

Quote:

If a gay couple could take a baker to court, for refusing to bake them a wedding cake, then a lawsuit against Google & it's YT subsidiary would be a cakewalk.

Actually, ex-Google employees are already suing them for discriminatory practices. Increasingly so.

Well, they took them to court but did they win?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02 ... ation.html

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19399
Anthropoid wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:

Why would that be the case?

I believe such "non-discrimination" regulations, at least as they exist in the U.S. are, in fact, fairly narrow and specific. For example, receipt of certain Federal or State benefits is contingent on adherence to certain "Civil Rights" legislative requirements. But as far as I know, a private firm which does not receive Federal or State benefits is free to discriminate as it chooses.

Quote:

Well, they took them to court but did they win?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02 ... ation.html

My bold emphasis above.

That is incorrect (regarding the bolded).

Federal and state law certainly and clearly state that that private entities (companies) cannot discriminate on factors like race, color, religion, etc for things like:
Employment
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Employmen ... ted_States
https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/statutes/

Housing:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Housing_Act

Credit:
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0 ... ity-rights
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0 ... rimination

A private firm can discriminate on the basis of factors that are not protected under the above laws (like a creditor can reject you on the basis of bad credit, but even there it can get dicey at times. You can vary your interest rates based on their credit risk (good credit=lower interest rates. bad credit=higher interest rates, but if it turns out that too many of the people that have bad credit(leading to higher interest rates) are say black or hispanic, then you can open yourself up to an investigation of whether you are targeting people based on race (intentionally seeking black people to charge high rates to). Even if you are not intentionally doing so, you can be investigated and possibly fined, and even if you are found not to be doing so, those sorts of investigations can certainly cost a company resources/money in trying to defend itself (legal/attorney costs, cost of doing research to disprove the allegations, etc.).

When I worked for a mortgage company we were constantly receiving complaints (both directly from consumer, and from state and government agencies) alleging discrimination.
Each one of those complaints had to be investigated by us and then a written response issued.

We would also be subjected to licensing examination by state and federal bank/lending examiners and they would sometimes allege that we were discriminating against borrowers, so again, we would have to spend our resources to research and analyze each allegation, prepare a defense to refute those allegations and then issue a written response to the examination findings. Often times those efforts included the involvement of our in house attorneys and even having to utilize outside law firms in our response/rebuttal process. That all costs money (which of course in the long run are passed on to customers in the form of higher interest rates, fees, etc.).

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:20 pm 
Sergeant Major

Well, in my experience it is perfectly "legal" for a Federally-funded, state-run educational institution to discriminate against non-Cuck males! :mrgreen:

Good luck filing suit for sex or race discrimination if you are a "white male." :P

ADDIT: Heh! Back in my day, this was unheard of! If it had not been, MY mug might have been plastered on websites with similar headlines! :lol:
James Damore just filed a class action lawsuit against Google, saying it discriminates against white male conservatives

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:37 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 15422
Styx thinks the attacks against Infowars has been coordinated. Still hasn't put a fucking shirt on.

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

I'm honestly concerned that Styx might have some perverse subliminal messaging embedded in his bare chest hair. Cannot bear to watch that . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:43 am 
Hair in the soap

Mac wrote:
Styx thinks the attacks against Infowars has been coordinated. Still hasn't put a fucking shirt on.

Of course it is, at least on YT.

Over the past year-plus, the Social Justice Brownshirts have been doing the digital rounds. Groups of them will conspire to report vids they find offensive, which is a pretty huge range considering they find nearly everything offensive, in order to get them taken down. Even temporarily.

Then there are those, probably in the same groups, who go a step further and start calling peoples' employers or advertisers and make false claims that they're supporting Nazis. Because one of the biggest victories these turds have had is terrifying big business into cowing to their every complaint. They say "hop" and most companies will jump to their PC-driven tune, panicking about offending some overly sensitive customer without a skin.

If they want to talk about digital bullying, they should look no further than those cry-bullies.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

Partisanism is definitely worse today than it was ~16 years ago when I thought it was so bad it needed an article about it to wake people up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:27 pm 
Hair in the soap

This lady lays out the shockingly Orwellian digital Thought Policing by such luminaries as the ADL, SPLC, and a UC Berkeley department. Coming soon to the internets near you! ;)

Not making this shit up. The disturbing ADL video advert for this authoritarian bullshit is included, along with other notable info the DeMSM wants to keep out of plain view.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next