maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tolerance and free speech
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:59 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 13550
Berkeley doesn't really TRY to defend free speech.

It's pretty obvious when the Berkeley police are repeatedly ordered to sit back and do little while Antifa protestors wreck property, burn trashcans, and initiate violence. It's all been caught on camera numerous times.

It's the reason the Free Speech supporters have begun to fight back, as evidenced at the recent Berkeley brawl. Meeting violence with their own violence since the local government is uninterested in stopping such Antifa habits.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:17 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10226
Meh, they're painting themselves into the corner. They'll lose even more seats in 2018 . . .

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:10 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10165
Quote:
... Free speech came to fisticuffs before alt-right white nationalist Richard Spencer could even begin his speech at Auburn University.

Students encircling the brawl said a Spencer supporter began jawing with an antifa, or anti-fascist, protester over Spencer's right to speak. A punch was thrown. The men spun through the crowd, swinging fists and grasping for headlocks before thudding to the ground.
It was over in seconds with both men in cuffs -- one of them bloodied -- and carted off to jail.
Auburn had tried four days earlier to cancel Spencer's speech Tuesday night. But a federal judge forced the public university to let him exercise his First Amendment rights.
A history of free speech on campus
Photos: A history of free speech on campus
The episode comes amid what critics say is a growing intolerance for the exchange of ideas at American colleges and universities. In recent months battles over free speech on campuses have descended into violence across the nation.
The University of California, Berkeley, erupted into near-riots in February during protests against professional provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos and again last week over President Donald Trump. When political scientist Charles Murray spoke last month at Middlebury College in Vermont, protesters got so rowdy that a professor accompanying him was injured.
More and more American universities are avoiding controversial speech altogether by banning polarizing speakers. On Wednesday Berkeley said it would seek to cancel next week's scheduled speech by right-wing pundit Ann Coulter, citing safety concerns.
And students say the middle ground on campuses is in danger of becoming quicksand, a place where neither side dares tread.
"There's no test, just an escalation of hostilities on both sides," said Tyler Zelinger, 21, a senior studying political science and business at Atlanta's Emory University. "When there's no more argument, there's no more progress." ...

Pick up your spears and get to it!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/us/campus-free-speech-trnd/index.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:20 pm 
Hair in the soap

jwilkerson wrote:
Quote:
... Free speech came to fisticuffs before alt-right white nationalist Richard Spencer could even begin his speech at Auburn University.

Students encircling the brawl said a Spencer supporter began jawing with an antifa, or anti-fascist, protester over Spencer's right to speak. A punch was thrown. The men spun through the crowd, swinging fists and grasping for headlocks before thudding to the ground.
It was over in seconds with both men in cuffs -- one of them bloodied -- and carted off to jail.
Auburn had tried four days earlier to cancel Spencer's speech Tuesday night. But a federal judge forced the public university to let him exercise his First Amendment rights.
A history of free speech on campus
Photos: A history of free speech on campus
The episode comes amid what critics say is a growing intolerance for the exchange of ideas at American colleges and universities. In recent months battles over free speech on campuses have descended into violence across the nation.
The University of California, Berkeley, erupted into near-riots in February during protests against professional provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos and again last week over President Donald Trump. When political scientist Charles Murray spoke last month at Middlebury College in Vermont, protesters got so rowdy that a professor accompanying him was injured.
More and more American universities are avoiding controversial speech altogether by banning polarizing speakers. On Wednesday Berkeley said it would seek to cancel next week's scheduled speech by right-wing pundit Ann Coulter, citing safety concerns.
And students say the middle ground on campuses is in danger of becoming quicksand, a place where neither side dares tread.
"There's no test, just an escalation of hostilities on both sides," said Tyler Zelinger, 21, a senior studying political science and business at Atlanta's Emory University. "When there's no more argument, there's no more progress." ...

Pick up your spears and get to it!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/us/campus-free-speech-trnd/index.html

Fuckin CNN. :roll:

article wrote:
More and more American universities are avoiding controversial speech altogether by banning polarizing speakers.

Yes. They're obviously cancelling or banning ALL controversial speakers. Right? :roll:

More bullshit Fake News Spin. There's only one side of the political divide that has been the target for mob violence during gatherings. CNN doesn't mention any of this reality in the article. Directly avoids it. Intentionally makes it sound as if Free Speech rallies keep showing up and becoming violent in order to shut down all the lefty speakers. Fake News indeed. :lol:

I don't give a shit about Richard Spencer, or whatever twisted views he may have. But shit spewing outlets like CNN keep trying to portray everyone to the right of them as Richard Spencers. I never even hear about him except for their desperate attempts at making him, and some few neo-nazi conspiracy theory nutjobs, the face of their opposition when that is so far from the truth.

Not to mention the Fake Media's constant cover & lies being made for their violent Communist and Anarchist sweethearts in Antifa (Anti-First Amendment!), who have been the instigators of this whole thing.

I blame the Dem-run Media, not reporting the whole truth of these clashes, as promoting further escalation. Giving a public smoke screen for Antifa's bullshit, and attempting to justify their criminal activities as legitimate & being practiced by all sides, is just going to make those they attack fight back with more violence. Shit's gonna keep escalating - especially if the propagandists in the media keep portraying them as peaceful 'ole protestors.

Oddly, CNN still isn't as bad as MSNBC. Yet. Their raving headlines have been a complete joke. They've been in National Enquirer territory since the election.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:35 pm 
First Sergeant

Ann Coulter ... 10-15 years ago ... I thought she was interesting ... someone with a brain ...

Subsequently, she came out against hebes and against Israel ... and since I am at least pro Israel ... I am anti-Coulter .. .HOWEVER ... I support her right to speak!!!

And if the Gen-Zers want to shut her down ... then I have no use for them ... time to GROW UP ... little babies !!?? The real world contains assahollas and they want to kill you and eat you !!! Do you care !!??

==
What I find most interesting about this article is the letter her Attorney wrote ... THAT letter is a great letter ... and bashes to pieces the whole idea of "anti-Free-Speech" we see every day on the modern college campus in TGLFKAO ...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/us/ann-coulter-uc-berkeley-speech-trnd/?iid=ob_lockedrail_topeditorial

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15384
jwilkerson wrote:
Ann Coulter ... 10-15 years ago ... I thought she was interesting ... someone with a brain ...

Subsequently, she came out against hebes and against Israel ... and since I am at least pro Israel ... I am anti-Coulter .. .HOWEVER ... I support her right to speak!!!

And if the Gen-Zers want to shut her down ... then I have no use for them ... time to GROW UP ... little babies !!?? The real world contains assahollas and they want to kill you and eat you !!! Do you care !!??

==
What I find most interesting about this article is the letter her Attorney wrote ... THAT letter is a great letter ... and bashes to pieces the whole idea of "anti-Free-Speech" we see every day on the modern college campus in TGLFKAO ...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/us/ann-coulter-uc-berkeley-speech-trnd/?iid=ob_lockedrail_topeditorial

That letter from the attorney is frackin priceless.
It sets out all the points why the University's stance on this is discriminatory and unconstitutional.

Were I a judge and someone brought this lawsuit into my court, I would look over to the University's attorney, and ask "Are you seriously trying to do this?" Giving a very obvious eye roll. "Now get out of my court, allow them their speech and I don't want to see this shit in my court again".

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:08 am 
Sergeant Major

And another video from Tim Pool on our favorite subject of Berkeley:

Here is an article related to the Milo Free Speech week:

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2017/04/2 ... niversity/

Quote:
The B*tch is Back: MILO Plans ‘Free Speech Week’ in Berkeley

by LUCAS NOLAN
21 Apr 2017

Conservative firebrand and former Breitbart Senior Editor MILO will be hosting a week-long free speech event in Berkeley later this year.
In a post to his 2 million Facebook fans, MILO outlined the event that he plans to host at Berkeley, where, earlier this year his presence led to full-blown riots from AntiFa thugs.

“In light of recent controversies, I am planning a huge multi-day event called MILO’S FREE SPEECH WEEK in Berkeley later this year,” states the press release. “We will hold talks and rallies and throw massive parties, all in the name of free expression and the First Amendment. All will be welcome, regardless of political affiliation.”

Milo Yiannopoulos
on Friday

21/4/2017
press@yiannopoulos.net
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
In light of recent controversies, I am planning a huge multi-day event called MILO'S FREE SPEECH WEEK in Berkeley later this year. We will hold talks and rallies and throw massive parties, all in the name of free expression and the First Amendment. All will be welcome, regardless of political affiliation. ...
See More

MILO warned of the threat to free speech in America today and outlined exactly how he plans to fight it. “Free speech has never been more under threat in America — especially at the supposed home of the free speech movement. I will bring activists, writers, artists, politicians, YouTubers, veterans and drag queens from across the ideological spectrum to lecture, march, and party.”

“MILO’S FREE SPEECH WEEK will include events on the UC Berkeley campus. We will stand united against the “progressive” Left. We will loudly reject the venomous hectoring and moral hypocrisy of social justice warriors. Free speech belongs to everyone — not just the spoilt brats of the academy.”

MILO also announced the creation of a new award, the Mario Savio award which will be given to an individual that MILO believes has done the most to protect free speech at UC Berkeley.

“During MILO’S FREE SPEECH WEEK, we will give out a new free speech prize — the Mario Savio Award — to the person we believe has done most to protect free expression at UC Berkeley and its surrounding area. Each day will be dedicated to a different enemy of free speech, including feminism, Black Lives Matter and Islam.”

MILO issued a word of warning to Berkeley faculty and university staff nationwide, “If UC Berkeley does not actively assist us in the planning and execution of this event, we will extend festivities to an entire month. We will establish a tent city on Sproul Plaza protesting the university’s total dereliction of its duty and encourage students at other universities to follow suit.”

Finally, MILO explained exactly what his aim is with this event. “I intend to return Berkeley to its rightful place as the home of free speech” said MILO, “whether university administrators and violent far-left antifa thugs like it or not.”

Following the riots at Berkeley during MILO’s last visit, an organizer for the far-left group By Any Means Necessary (BAMN) declared that the riots protesting MILO to be “stunningly successful” and warned that the group would respond again should MILO return to the college.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:53 am 
Hair in the soap

Quote:
“During MILO’S FREE SPEECH WEEK, we will give out a new free speech prize — the Mario Savio Award — to the person we believe has done most to protect free expression at UC Berkeley and its surrounding area. Each day will be dedicated to a different enemy of free speech, including feminism, Black Lives Matter and Islam.”

ROFL.

That will raise some heckles.

:lol: :lol:

Hope this wonderful bitch has protection. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

NefariousKoel wrote:
Quote:

ROFL.

That will raise some heckles.

:lol: :lol:

Hope this wonderful bitch has protection. :)

I think I heard mentioned in Pool's video was that if Milo's Week long Free Speech Week in Berkeley was interrupted he would turn it into "Free Speech Month". :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:38 pm 
First Sergeant

Maybe trumpf should speak at berkeley !?

:D

let the antifr goons tussle with the secret service and their helpers ...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next