maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: Self defense incidents
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:18 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
How self defense "works" in Australia:

Sounds like a crappy system.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:51 am 
Sergeant Major

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... d-shooter/

Quote:
Police: Armed Citizen Kills Gunman at Oklahoma City Restaurant

By AWR hawkins
24 May 2018

An armed citizen shot and killed a gunman after he allegedly opened fire in an Oklahoma City restaurant Thursday night.
CNN reports that a man entered Louie’s Grill & Bar in Oklahoma City and began shooting. He then walked out of the restaurant and was shot dead by an armed citizen.

Two people — “an adult female and a juvenile female” — were shot when the attacker opened fire in the restaurant, and a man broke his leg trying to flee the scene.

The Oklahoma City Police tweeted:

Oklahoma City Police

@OKCPD
Lake Hefner shooting update: A man walked into the Louie’s restaurant and opened fire with a gun. Two people were shot. One person has been taken to a hospital with serious injuries. A bystander with a pistol confronted the shooter outside the restaurant and fatally shot him.

8:57 PM - May 24, 2018

Fox 13 reports that the two females who suffered gunshot wounds are expected to survive.

Police do not know the motive for the attack. They are asking residents to avoid the area as the investigation gets underway.

AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News, the host of the Breitbart podcast Bullets with AWR Hawkins, and the writer/curator of Down Range with AWR Hawkins, a weekly newsletter focused on all things Second Amendment, also for Breitbart News. He is the political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at awrhawkins@breitbart.com. Sign up to get Down Range at breitbart.com/downrange.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:06 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 17020
"Including bayonets. I'm not sure who's walking around in 2018 w/ a bayonet, but good on you if that's what you're doing."

haw!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:37 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 16797
Memphis homeowner takes out two burglars with a AK-47...

Quote:
Some people like to keep a baseball bat by the door in the invent of an intruder. For one Memphis homeowner, an AK-47 got the job done.

Memphis Police responded Friday to a shooting where a resident had walked into his house in the middle of a break-in, CBS Memphis affiliate WREG-TV reports.

The homeowner, who asked to remain anonymous for his safety, said he came home from the barber shop around 7 p.m. to find his door pried open and his caged dog barking wildly. He says he then saw two men in his house, and when they spotted him they drew their weapons.

According to Local Memphis, one of the burglar's guns jammed, and the other did manage to fire. The two then ran to the kitchen.

"I'm assuming they were trying to go out of my back door," the homeowner said, "so as they go through there I jumped in the closet and get my AK-47." He then found them on his patio, aimed his rifle and opened fire.

The two men, identified by authorities as 28-year-old Azell Witherspoon and 17-year-old Demond Robinson, were dead by the time police arrived.

The homeowner was brought in for questioning but released after he reportedly offered footage from his home surveillance system to back up his self-defense story. The District Attorney General's office determined that no charges will be filed at this time.

The individual who was detained has been released without charge. All evidence was presented to the DAG's Office and it was determined that no criminal charges will be filed at this point. https://t.co/a1EvyXEvRA
— Memphis Police Dept (@MEM_PoliceDept) June 2, 2018

"These boys need their father and need some type of discipline," the homeowner said to WMC-TV. "They're out here without any fear." He said he regretted the loss of life but stated, "it was either him or them."

It's not the first run-in with crime for the Memphis man. His house is still pockmarked with bullet holes from a previous shooting at his property. "I don't know what's going on but I know I'm going to defend my life to the best of my ability," he told WMC-TV.

He said he does worry about possible retaliation.

"You never know how someone else's family may perceive the situation," he said.

It was a violent weekend in Memphis. Beyond this incident, there four people killed and five injured by gunfire in a 31-hour period, according to Memphis Police Department's Twitter account.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/memphis-ho ... ith-ak-47/

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/0 ... n-walmart/

Quote:
BREAKING: Armed Civilians Shoot Would-Be Mass Shooter At Washington Walmart

by Brock Simmons June 17, 2018

“There were three civilians going after him (the shooter) to shoot him and two of them had their guns up — and then the third guy shot him through the window of the car,” explains Megan Chadwick to KIRO7 news, as she witnessed a would-be mass shooter taken out by multiple armed citizens at a Walmart just outside of Olympia, WA.

KIRO 7 reports:

An armed civilian took down a shooter after at least two people were shot Sunday night at a Washington state Walmart, police said.

Tumwater police said the civilian, described by officers as a good Samaritan, shot and killed the suspect at the scene.

The shooting happened just after 5:30 p.m. at the Walmart Supercenter in Tumwater, about 65 miles south of Seattle.

“I heard two bangs. It sounded like gunshots to me,” witness Robert Berwick said. “I looked down the aisle and saw a person running.”

That’s when Berwick ran, too. There was chaos in the parking lot, and he said the shooting suspect tried to carjack another man. That’s when the suspect was shot.

“I thanked him for saving my life,” Berwick said of the attempted carjacking victim who shot the suspect. “He didn’t look like he had any regrets. I hope he doesn’t have any.”

Another witness to the shooting, Megan Chadwick, said her husband saw the civilian take down the shooter.

“He said he watched him (the shooter) take his last breath,” Chadwick said. “There were three civilians going after him (the shooter) to shoot him and two of them had their guns up — and then the third guy shot him through the window of the car.”

Chadwick said her husband was armed as well.

She was inside the Walmart during the shooting with her multiple children.

“I looked over and saw hundreds of people running out. … Just a flood of people and everyone was screaming and frantic. … When we got about to the door, I heard someone say, ‘Gun. Shooter.’ And I knew something was serious,” Chadwick said.

[news video at above linked article]

The Olympian continues with:

Laura Wohl, spokeswoman for the Tumwater Police Department, said an adult man who had been shot was flown to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. He was shot while the armed suspect tried to carjack his vehicle, Wohl said.

A person with his own weapon shot the suspect outside Walmart. That man was still on the scene about 7 p.m. and was being interviewed by law enforcement.

The incident began as a report of a drunken driver in the area of Israel Road and Tyee Drive near the Toyota dealership. People reported a driver was driving in the wrong direction in the vicinity. When police arrived, they couldn’t find the vehicle.

They then responded to shots fired in the area of the nearby roundabout, Wohl said. They learned that a man had fired shots trying to carjack two vehicles.

A 16-year-old girl was injured, but not seriously. The suspect then headed to Walmart, Wohl said.

When they arrived at the Walmart, they learned that a man had tried to carjack a car, and shot a man inside the car twice. He then tried to carjack another car. Two citizens in the parking lot drew weapons; at least one of them shot and killed the armed man, she said.

Darren Gossler of Elma was in the store when the shooting started. He tweeted: “I was in the dairy section. Heard about 5 or 6 pops. Ran out a side emergency exit and attempted to run to my car in the parking lot but heard 4 more pops in the lot. Caught a quick glimpse of a male with what appeared to be a handgun. Ducked under some cars and ran to Costco.”

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:06 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 12927
I guess it wasn't a gun free zone ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:53 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 17927
jwilkerson wrote:
I guess it wasn't a gun free zone ...

;)

It was an Anti-Murderer zone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19